What is Clomid?
Better known by its trade name clomid, clomiphene citrate is a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator) that is medically prescribed to induce ovulation in females struggling with infertility. This is possible because clomid increases the levels of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) in the body, which helps regulate the menstrual cycle in women with fertility issues. What's more, that same boost in LH and FSH will increase total testosterone levels when men use clomid. Being a SERM, clomid also has mild anti-estrogen properties, as it binds to estrogen receptors, preventing estrogen from doing so.
Side effects of clomid
The side effects of clomid are dose dependent, and most users won't experience any undesired effects with a daily dosage of 25-100 milligrams (mgs). In fact, most men will actually notice an enhanced libido, erection hardness and a sense of well-being due to the increase in total testosterone levels. Meanwhile, most females will notice improved energy levels due to a more regular menstrual cycle. However, at dosages above 100 mgs per day some users may experience mild emotional side effects, such as irritability.
What is Nolvadex?
Nolvadex (tamoxifen citrate) is a medically prescribed SERM for the treatment of breast cancer and infertility in females. This compound stimulates the hypophysis to release more gonadotropins, which in turn increase the levels of FSH and LH within the body. Interestingly, nolvadex has the same tendency to occupy estrogen receptors as clomid, leading to a similar reduction of estrogenic activity.
Side Effects of nolvadex
Just like with clomid, the side effects of nolvadex are dose dependent. Therefore, the majority of users won't experience any side effects if the daily dosage does not exceed 40 mgs. Nonetheless, at dosages above 40 mgs mild emotional side effects may take place with some individuals. In addition to that, there is another side effect that is not seen with clomid - nolvadex up-regulates progestin receptors. This means that if you use nolvadex with a nandrolone (Deca Durabolin, NPP-nandrolone phenylpropionate) or a nandrolone derivative (trenbolone), you run a higher chance of developing progestin related side effects, such as gynecomastia (bitch tits) and water retention.
Clomid vs Nolvadex
As you might have noticed from the above mentioned information, these two compounds are very similar - they are both SERMS, both have mild anti-estrogen properties, and both stimulate the release of FSH and LH, which increase free testosterone levels in men and regulate menstrual cycles in women.
Therefore, it is not surprising that these compounds are equally good options for a PCT protocol. Nevertheless, keep in mind that only clomid should be used on a steroid cycle that includes nandrolones or nandrolone derivatives. Yet, milligram for milligram, nolvadex is stronger than clomid, and it is far superior when it comes to gynecomastia treatment.
How to use clomid and nolvadex during PCT?
Most steroid users will use a low dosage of clomid and nolvadex in their PCT protocol rather than pick one, or the other. This prevents the potential emotional side effects users can experience by using a high dosage of a single SERM. To further enhance recovery, it is recommended to include into your PCT protocol a good natural testosterone booster, a liver/organ detox supplement, an aromatase inhibitor, ostabolic (osta) and cardarine.
Here is a sample PCT layout starting the day after your last steroid injection
- Clomid 50/25/25/12.5 ED
- Nolvadex 40/20/20/20 ED
- Ostabolic (Osta) 25/12.5 /12.5 /12.5 mgs ED
User Note: #/#/#/# means that's how much per day of the compound that week. Example 50/25/25/12.5 means 50mgs per day 1st week, 25mgs per day 2nd week, and so on.
- HCGenerate ES: A natural testosterone booster will signal the leydig cells in the testicles to restart testosterone production.
- N2Guard: A liver/organ detox supplement will help cleanse the liver and kidneys, regulate blood pressure, and balance cholesterol levels.
- Aromasin: An aromatase inhibitor will not allow testosterone to aromatize into estrogen, hence preventing such side effects like gynecomastia and water retention.
- Ostabolic will stop muscle loss during the PCT when the body is in a catabolic state due to increased cortisol levels and low anabolic hormones.
- Cardarine will prevent fat gains during the PCT protocol, which is when hormones are low and cortisol levels are high.
- What is the best place to buy legit clomid and nolvadex, that ships fast?
- Nolvadex and clomid question
- Using Clomid vs. Nolvadex for LGD standalone PCT
- Nolvadex and Clomid and other PCT supplements