Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

cooking platinum whey

wiggleme

Registered
I want to make some brownies for thanksgiving with platinum whey, is it alright to cook it? guessing going to get hot in the oven right not cold brownies.

I've made pancackes with wheytobuildmuscle worked great. I think platinum whey probably same thing, no problem making food with it.

Interesting stuff - I am a great fond of cooking, and never even thought of using protein for that. How does it taste when cooked with?

I want to make some brownies for thanksgiving with platinum whey, is it alright to cook it? guessing going to get hot in the oven right not cold brownies.

Protein Blends are Better to Cook with or Protein Concentrates.

Be careful if Cooking with either 100% Isolate or Hydrolysate.
Isolate can take some Heat without Denaturing.
Hydrolysate will Denature Very Quickly as it goes through a Heating Process during Manufacture.......................................... JP

You can cook with protein powders, no problem. It will denature the protein but that doesn't render the protein useless. It just slightly changes the shape of the protein molecule.

The perfect example is egg whites. As you cook raw egg whites they change from a liquid to a solid. Even though you denatured the protein, your body still absorbs it completely fine.

The whole 'don't denature your protein' is bro science anyways because any whey protein supplement will be long denatured before it reaches your house. They are shipped on the back of hot trucks and are usually sitting on the shelf 2 years before you even buy it.

pancakes are one thing but extend periods of high temp like baking will probably change it a little

Back
Top Bottom