Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sleep

Such a simple question....I love it. It makes you think. Some studies show that people who sleep longer then 8 hours are over sleeping. The people running the studies haven't met me. ..or apparently a bunch of us.

that is exactly right.. too much sleep is just as bad unless you are making up for lost sleep. you can actually do that btw for those wondering.. lets say you only slept 5 hours Monday night. then got regular sleep every other day.. on Saturday you can sleep in an extra 3 hours and make up for that lousy sleep Monday night

6 to 7 hours feels pretty good...but my best sleep is actually after workout and my postworkout meal..a little 45min to 1 hour nap...and I really feel great! ...I workout in the early morning.

I wish I got more.. Id say I probably get around 6 hours of sleep but i feel great when I get 7 to 7.5 hours. If I sleep past 8 my ass is draggin big time

I'm a first responder so sleep isn't very consistent. I'm at my best with around five hours of sleep. Anything more and I'm useless.

I'm with banks on this one.. Anything over 5 I feel like shit. My wife on the other hand doesn't feel recouped unless she gets around 9 hours..

Thats why im so tired all the time i work 630am to 5 or 6pm
go train, by the time i get home, eat, shower, be a husband it is midnight then i have to be up
by 4 or 5am.
I need more sleep for sure.

Thats why im so tired all the time i work 630am to 5 or 6pm
go train, by the time i get home, eat, shower, be a husband it is midnight then i have to be up
by 4 or 5am.
I need more sleep for sure.

with that schedule you will have a tough time building muscle .. sleep is very crucial to recovery

I agree with Steve. ...this is none of my business...but it works for my husband and i. We used to train, eat, diet etc separately. But after stressful jons, 3 kids, a house, business ventures etc it was like we didn't have any time together. My husband is amazing. ...he's best buddy and kicks my ass at the gym. Instead of having to set time aside to be a husband, involve your wife and have it be your thing together. Just an idea from a girls pov

it also depends on the age. Im 32 now and i definitely need my 7-8 hours every night. I hate and have a hard time walking up early , 7.30 am monday-friday bcauz of my job.
So i sometimes sleep in the afternoon for an hour or less.
Problem is , that if i dont get enough sleep at night and sleep in the afternoon and then need to workout, I feel like a zombie and have no motivation or willpower at all.
But if I do sleep enough at night, and dont feel that tired in the afternoon then I can workout in the afternoon with full power and motivation.

Plus I realize the more I age the less tolerant I am to waking up early and sleeping very late.. I could until 24-25 yrs old sleep an hour or two or no sleep and work the next day ... now I'd find this impossible. Now I dont like going to bed in the early morning hours unless i KNOW i can sleep in the next day. :)

I actually sleep in 2 4-4.5hr blocks 12 hrs apart from one another. My schedule is unique but honestly I am never ever tired, or feel like I didnt get enough sleep. And I get a lot done during the day.

First of all I'm jealous for all of you that can still sleep 8 hours..I haven't gotten 8 hrs on my own since college. On average I get 6.5 hours per day.

I get about 6 hours during the week...it's not enough but I really struggle getting more. It's an area I need to improve

Anyone know of a more detailed relation between types of sleep and recovery. The general consensus seems to say REM sleep is required for proper recovery, but does recovery happen during other stages of sleep, just to a lesser effect? Could one sleep enough 2-3 hour shifts to equal the recovery of one 8hr stretch? Would it add up to more than 8 for the same effect? I naturally like to sleep two or three shifts of 2-4 hours, but recently have been trying to force a complete 8 hours a night for recovery. Would love to go back to what feels right for me if the same benefits can be achieved...

Back
Top Bottom