Agmatine Sulfate (as Agmass™) is naturally produced in our bodies and is very important with reducing pain, lowering depression, and guarding organs like our brain and heart. Wondering about this supplement and if it is right for you? Then you have clicked the right article, as we will investigate how this product can help you with your fitness goals.
Where it is found
Agmatine itself is found mostly in our guts, produced by microorganisms. It is also found within mitochondria in the liver. You can increase these tiny microorganisms from fermented and unprocessed foods like sauerkraut (however make sure it is not sitting on a shelf in some supermarket, it has to be refrigerated and live or it is useless). Agmatine Sulfate meanwhile is the supplement form that is found in high-quality products.
What is it exactly?
Although it has a fancy name and many people think it is some sort of steroid or drug, it actually is just formed from the popular L-arginine amino acid. It can target many receptors in the body because it is a natural neurotransmitter. This means it can have tremendous benefits combating the worst diseases from addiction, to cancer, to Alzheimer's and more.
How it works
The secret to how Agmatine Sulfate works is that is blocks nitric oxide synthase (NOS). Most people have no clue that 3 main enzymes in our bodies produce nitric oxide. Here is what they are and what they do:
- Endothelial (eNOS): This enzyme increases oxygen and nutrient importation and exports cellular waste by signaling vasodilation/blood flow.
- Neuronal (nNOS): Signals communication of neurons in the brain. It can inhibit the growth and repair of neurons.
- Inducible (iNOS): Kills bacteria, but if left untreated will cause inflammation and other problems.
Ligands for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-b/d (PPARb/d) increase skeletal muscle fatty acid catabolism, improve insulin sensitivity, increase serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, elicit anti-inflammatory activity and induce terminal differentiation. Contradictory findings are also reported suggesting that PPARb/d ligands potentiate tumorigenesis by increasing cell proliferation, by inhibiting apoptosis through phosphorylation of Akt and by increasing cyclooxygenase-2 (COX2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression. Read More..
Now judging by the above we want more of the first one Endothelial (eNOS); and less of the 2nd Neuronal (nNOS) and the third Inducible (iNOS). Agmatine will boost the good guy and inhibit the 2 bad guys! How does it do it?
*Agmatine Sulfate binds to the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor and blocks glutamate from binding. The end result is neurons stay alive.
It also does the following:
- Blocks harmful nicotinic acetylcholine receptors.
- Attaches to alpha-2 adrenergic receptors.
- Activates mTOR pathway (rapamycin) and imidazoline receptors. This means a rise in beta-endorphins linked to opioid receptor activation.
- Activates E2-related factor 2 (NRF2) pathway, which causes a steep rise in antioxidant proteins and helps reduce inflammation.
Real world benefits
Enough of the science mumbo jumbo, let's take a look at what specifically it can do for us based on what researchers have found so far.
- Alcoholism: Rodent studies have shown it prevented anxiety from lack of alcohol.
- Inflammation: Due to its reducing iNOS, it can help reduce inflammation in the body including lowering blood pressure.
- Seizures: This is due to NMDA receptor blocking.
- Nerve repair: This is a big one for those of us who weight train and may suffer from nerve problems as we age. This is thanks to the suppression of nNOS, which helps neuron repair.
- Heart health: Studies showed good cholesterol rose and plaque was reduced by 40% in rodent studies.
On behalf 5+ million Americans living w/ Alzheimer’s & their families, we're encouraged by FDA's decision to approve Tauvid for brain PET imaging for people w/cognitive impairment. We continue our work to ensure assessment tools are accessible & affordable https://t.co/QpYyAxuKCt
— Alzheimer's Association (@alzassociation) May 29, 2020
- Alzheimer's disease: Helps by rescuing insulin signaling in the brain.
- Insulin sensitivity: Most bodybuilders need help with insulin sensitivity because they eat too frequently. The good news is Agmatine Sulfate reduces mTOR as mentioned earlier. It also helps lower blood sugar because it increases beta-endorphin production.
- Fat loss: It has been shown to increase fat burning while boosting muscle mass.
- Cancer: It helps prevent cancer or tumor growth by decreasing molecules called polyamines.
- Brain health: Not only can it help improve memory due to its neurotransmitter role, but it also protects the brain by increasing eNOS (the good guy) and inhibiting the bad guys (iNOS and nNOS).
- Pain reduction: It does this by blocking nitric oxide activation and blocking NMDA receptors. In human studies, those with herniated discs had reduced pain in 10 days with daily supplementation.
- Muscle growth: Not only does it do all the amazing things above, but to top it off it has been shown to increase luteinizing hormone (LH), which increased testosterone levels. We know that higher testosterone levels mean an easier time gaining muscle and strength.
The study cited above, rats were given the equivalent of a 900mgs dose of GW; this would be comparable to taking 14,625 mgs of aspirin per day. Usually, 325 mgs of aspirin is 1 dose (1 pill). This dose of aspirin could literally KILL you, forget cancer! Read More..
Ways to boost Agmatine
So we know how amazing Agmatine is, but how do we boost it in the body so we can enjoy all these benefits?
- Radical diet changes: Rodent studies have shown those that follow a strict ketogenic diet and those who drink zero coffee or tea can get a boost because GABA levels increased.
- Cold stress therapy: You may have heard of these cold rooms where people go in and sit there for a period of time. Those that do it swear by its benefits. Unfortunately, based on the research, you would need to sit in a freezing room for at least 4 hours to see the results.
These two options seem to be difficult for many people, and quite frankly unrealistic, but luckily the 3rd option of simply supplementing with Agmatine Sulfate is the most practical thing to do.
Where to find
Agmatine Sulfate is best used as part of a comprehensive supplement stack. We recommend buying an all in 1 formula such as Cardazol rather than purchasing all your supplements separately. Cardazol from bannednutrition contains a whopping 600mgs of Agmatine Sulfate (as Agmass™) per serving.
Forums on our forums? read on:
- Allmax agmatine sulfate 34g
- Agmatine Sulfate user reviews, do you guys like this supplement.
- Do you like agmantine sulfate?
- NITRONOX Pro review
- agmatine Sulfate for vascularity
- YOHIMBINE HCL and AGMATINE SULFATE interaction??? science bros get in here
- Evidence for oral agmatine sulfate safety--a 95-day high dosage pilot study with rats
- Agmatine reverses pain induced by inflammation, neuropathy, and spinal cord injury
- Effect of agmatine on the development of morphine dependence in rats: potential role of cAMP system
- Agmatine : metabolic pathway and spectrum of activity in brain
- Evidence for Dietary Agmatine Sulfate Effectiveness in Neuropathies Associated with Painful Small Fiber Neuropathy. A Pilot Open-Label Consecutive Case Series Study
- Long-term (5 years), high daily dosage of dietary agmatine--evidence of safety: a case report
Get more information about News, Doping, SARMS, Steroids, HGH and PDS...
Subscribe to our Underground Evo mailing list and get interesting news and updates directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.