Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione (Androsta) is a metabolite of 7-Keto-DHEA, which is a very potent suicide aromatase inhibitor. It is a natural occurring compound, produced by metabolism of the prohormone DHEA, and it's used in a wide array of supplemental stacks. It is so powerful that even the World Anti-doping Agency (WADA) has it on its banned list of anabolic agents, meaning Olympians will fail a drug test if it shows up in the blood.
Table of Contents
A landmark study was published in the late 90's by Dr. Lardy, who researched metabolites and derivatives of DHEA, discussed the benefits of androsta. Since then, androsta has become popularized in the bodybuilding, weight loss and supplement industries.
How it Works
There are several ways that Androsta works.
- It is a suicide aromatase inhibitor which binds very strongly with the aromatase enzyme. It's just as strong as aromasin, which is a very expensive drug sold by prescription only.
- Androsta will also help reduce cortisol thanks to the ketone in the seventh position; hence, the reason it is also called 7-Keto. Cortisol is a nasty hormone that the body releases when it is stressed. This stress can be from work related stress, or even the stress we put our bodies through when we workout.
Being able to keep cortisol down will result in a great ability to lose weight, build muscle, and feel better overall. As athletes, we are dependent on our bodies ability to rebound from workouts. However, many people workout daily and are unable to build muscle, and a big reason why is cortisol. This is where Androsta comes in because it will help control cortisol during recovery.
When a bodybuilder runs anabolic steroids that aromatize into estrogen (many of them), they run the risk of having estrogen related side effects. These side effects can include gynecomastia (bitch tits), insomnia, organ strain, and water weight (bloating). Androsta not only binds to the aromatase enzyme, but it's also is a suicide AI. As a result, it prevents any estrogen rebound during post cycle therapy (PCT) or bridge.
During post cycle therapy, the ability to keep cortisol and estrogen in check is a double weapon to help preserve muscle and keep water and fat away. Many bodybuilders complain during PCT that they cannot retain their gains, so it is crucial that androsta is used during this time.
There has been many studies done on androsta and no adverse effects were found. Clinical Investigative Medicine did a study and found that in dosages up to 200mg per day for 4 weeks, it was completely safe. Since such a high dosage is not necessary, we can conclude, if dosed correctly, and cycled on and off as all supplements should be, then the risks are nil.
Studies have shown androsta can aid weight loss, strengthen immune system, and has anti-aging properties; likely a result of a domino effect from the cortisol suppressing properties. In rat studies, there was thermogenic activity discovered, which explains the weight loss benefits.
A large dosage of androsta is not needed, and it is recommended you stack it within a supplemental stack. 30mg a day is an ample dosage, which comes with 2 servings of DSpark.
Androsta is a popular compound used in supplemental stacks because of its aromatase inhibiting properties. So stacks is where you will find it most often. One such supplement, which contains 8 different ingredients, and 15mg of Androsta per serving, is called DSpark. It contains ingredients to boost testosterone, mood, and lower cortisol; making it much easier to build and keep your muscle. It's a great option in cycle, stand alone or during post cycle.
Androsta is the most powerful legal (not for long) natural aromatase inhibitor in existence. It is as powerful as aromasin, which is a drug. In addition, Androsta is excellent at controlling cortisol, helping you drop bodyfat and keep water retention away. Use during cycle, post cycle, or as a stand alone to help you build more muscle and cut more fat.
Want to read about DSpark on our forums? check out these threads:
- Metabolism of androsta-1,4,6-triene-3,17-dione and detection by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry in doping control
- Production of androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione from cholesterol using immobilized growing cells of Mycobacterium sp. NRRL B-3683 adsorbed on solid carriers
- Process for Biotransformation of Androsta-4-ene-3, 17-Dione (4-AD) to Androsta-1,4-Diene-3,17-Dione (ADD)
- Chemical modifications of androsta-1,4-diene-3,17-dione. II. Synthesis of 17-nor-vitamin D analogues having a hydroxy group at 1alpha-or 2beta-position and biological activity of 1alpha-hydroxy-17- nor-17,17-ethylenedioxyvitamin D
- delta 1-steroid-dehydrogenase biosynthesis and androsta-4-ene-3,17-dione degradation by "Nocardia restricta" (author's transl)
Get more information about News, Doping, SARMS, Steroids, HGH and PDS...
Subscribe to our Underground Evo mailing list and get interesting news and updates directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.