Dexter "The Blade" Jackson is one of the most unique bodybuilders in the sport today. He's not called “blade” for nothing. He's always sharp and lean. However, he has, in my opinion, one of the most roller coaster style careers in IFBB professional bodybuilding. He's been Mr. Olympia, followed by a complete fall from grace, losing his Olympia title the following year. In 2008, he beat Jay Cutler to become Mr. Olympia, only to lose his title the following year to Jay Cutler (2009); in fact, he placed 3rd, not even 2nd. It's all an amazing ride up and down for Dexter Jackson.
The most interesting part about Mr. Jackson is that he's 44 years old, 45 this year. In fact, in 2012 he won the IFBB masters Olympia, becoming the first bodybuilder in history to win both the IFBB Olympia and the IFBB masters Olympia. That truly sets him apart from other bodybuilders of today.
Lately, there is a lot of discussion on how Dexter Jackson is able to stay in shape at his age. Let's face it, it's not easy to stay on this amount of steroids when you're approaching 50. There are two theories about this: 1) He has amazing genetics and is not effected as much by the high steroid use in the sport, or 2) He uses a lot less than the other professional bodybuilders, so he can stick around longer. From what I have seen, at 5 foot 6 (closer to 5'5), he's really naturally gifted. I have my doubts about high usage from Jackson because of his genetics. So, let's go over the possible Dexter Jackson steroid cycle. Since we are guessing his steroid and HGH use is light, the cycle will be fairly simple.
Dexter Jackson Steroid Cycle
|Do you want to discuss Dexter Jackson on our forums? See some threads below:|
Why were these particular drugs chosen during the cycle?
- Testosterone Cypionate – whenever we talk about professional bodybuilding, you have to keep in mind these guys are on cycles year-round, so they need a strong testosterone base in every cycle to keep their system working. Think of them as permanent TRT over-dose patients. The test will help tie in all the other gains together.
- Trenbolone Acetate – this short acting tren ester is perfect for competitive bodybuilders, as it increases muscle mass, strength and boosts aggression. This makes training sessions amazing. Since it's 5 times as strong when compared to testosterone, you'll be faced with a lot of side effects.
- Winstrol (stanozolol) – winstrol works as a hardening agent and an oral to lean out with. Usually, professionals stack dianabol with winstrol, but I think in Dexters case, he's just using one oral. Though, that can be debated.
- Cardarine (GW) – cardarine, also known as gw-501516, is the perfect product to combat trenbolone side effects. It boosts your cardio, gets rid of tren cough, increases your fat burning and makes you really lean.
- Aromasin – this AI is used to combat the estrogenic side effects that come from high testosterone dosages. It inhibits the aromatase enzyme.
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH) – a typical staple for all professional bodybuilders, it's like a testosterone base of a cycle. Almost a requirement. It's used to stay lean, hard and really grow beyond natural potential.
- N2Guard – this supplement is used to keep the body clean and healthy during the cycle. It's a perfect product to help keep your liver healthy, as well as kidneys, heart and other organs during your cycle.
DISCLAIMER: The cycle above is our opinion on what Dexter Jackson could have used during a potential cycle, this article is for information and entertainment purposes only. There is no real proof Dexter Jackson ever used steroids, hgh or any other illegal drugs.