Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

1 cup of peanuts

Hollywood305

32g protien
24g carbs
60g of fat

How does this fit into a diet plan?
I love to snack on nuts (haha he said nuts) in between meals...so far its been working great im on day 54 of my diet plan and im down 27lbs. Still kinda strong too. Just put up 185 on military for 10...and ive only been back full time for 9 months since a minor injury.

Anyway as my weight loss tapers off and i gotta clean it up further to get to that 12-13% threshhold will this snack have to go? What is the proper fat intake for contest prep diets? Not that im gonna do a show i just wanna look as ripped as possible after 20 weeks total

I eat tons of raw nuts myself.

peanuts, though are not actually nuts, they are legumes. they are much less healthier than actual raw nuts like almonds, pecans, cashews, etc.
Yea i knew that...for cost reasons i chose peanuts. I can buy a 5lbs bag of shelled pnuts for 8.99 and a 2lbs bag of almonds is like 14 i think...but looks like ill prob switch to a mixed nut when the pnuts are gone...unsalted mixed nuts are 17.99 for a 2lbs container...fuck me

- - - Updated - - -

Just keep your carb intake low. I really only eat carbs after training.

My breakfast has been 8 egg whites and 2 whole eggs 4 pieces of bacon cooked in the microwave on paper towel so no drip grease...
Snack is pnuts
Post workout meal has been ground sirloin and steamed veggies
More pnuts and some turkey jerky for evening snack
Protien shake at night...
So far so good but ill have to clean it up around week 12 i think

Although nuts are super healthy and I would recommend everyone eating them it's very tricky food item to implement into cutting diet due to being so calorie-dense.

Yea i knew that...for cost reasons i chose peanuts. I can buy a 5lbs bag of shelled pnuts for 8.99 and a 2lbs bag of almonds is like 14 i think...but looks like ill prob switch to a mixed nut when the pnuts are gone...unsalted mixed nuts are 17.99 for a 2lbs container...fuck me

- - - Updated - - -

My breakfast has been 8 egg whites and 2 whole eggs 4 pieces of bacon cooked in the microwave on paper towel so no drip grease...
Snack is pnuts
Post workout meal has been ground sirloin and steamed veggies
More pnuts and some turkey jerky for evening snack
Protien shake at night...
So far so good but ill have to clean it up around week 12 i think

i would get rid of the bacon.. it is processed meat which is one of the worst things you can consume, even if it is turkey bacon it is still processed, add some fruit instead of the bacon, those vitamins and minerals can be huge .. and swap in raw nuts instead of peanuts.. little things can make a big difference.. don't worry about the whole calories thing. you aren't going to get fat off of nuts and humans have been eating nuts since the beginning of time, it is as natural and clean a food as you can find.. i eat probably 3 cups of nuts almost daily and i cook with coconut oil.. nuts across the board are amazing and something everyone should take advantage of, not be scared of .. they are awesome.

Last edited:
i would get rid of the bacon.. it is processed meat which is one of the worst things you can consume, even if it is turkey bacon it is still processed, add some fruit instead of the bacon, those vitamins and minerals can be huge .. and swap in raw nuts instead of peanuts.. little things can make a big difference.. don't worry about the whole calories thing. you aren't going to get fat off of nuts and humans have been eating nuts since the beginning of time, it is as natural and clean a food as you can find.. i eat probably 3 cups of nuts almost daily and i cook with coconut oil.. nuts across the board are amazing and something everyone should take advantage of, not be scared of .. they are awesome.

I would definitely watch the intake especially while dieting. Just a handful of nuts totals a crazy amount of calories and even though nuts are different from bioavailability standpoint I wouldn't recommend just popping nuts left and right.

Also from satiety standpoint it's not a good idea to consume those in large quantities.

I do eat fruit too...sometimes ill have 2 cups of strained plain greek yogurt and mix in pineapple and some nuts its real good

I do eat fruit too...sometimes ill have 2 cups of strained plain greek yogurt and mix in pineapple and some nuts its real good

Not a bad choice. Just don’t go too heavy handed on the fruit.

adc8953e2889e300a6bfa8a449e9416a.jpg

just remember that everyone is different... not everyone does well on low carb at all... it can cause a lot of issues if you go too low and advising you to only watch carbs and you'll just lose weight is just bad advice... clearly you dont want to over eat it but just keep a watch on it... im with steve about cutting the bacon out.... dont over do it on the fruit either because that can cause unwanted gain... when it comes to nuts, thats tricky... you need some healthy fats in there... what i have always done is work with ONE thing at a time... so if you want to make a change, see what happens if you ONLY drop the nuts for say 2 weeks or so and see what kind of effect it has on you and if its helping or staying the same and you will get your answer... its all trial and error because EVERYONE is different in how they respond but its important to do one thing at a time when making certain changes when you get to a point you are at so you can determine exactly what is doing what...

Not a bad choice. Just don’t go too heavy handed on the fruit.

Humans have consumed fruit since the beginning of time. It was our first Foods we ate when we came out of the jungle. Now suddenly fruit is bad for us? It is the reason for obesity and diabetes? Cmon people.

People should consume more fruit, not less and all our sponsor products contain fruit including n2guard, cardazol and m1-mk for the simple fact they do a lot of good things for our bodies including fight cancer and provide us nutrition. Raw fruit is full of vitamins and minerals and water for hydration. Our bodies are mostly water and so are our muscles so no reason to be scared of fruit

Humans have consumed fruit since the beginning of time. It was our first Foods we ate when we came out of the jungle. Now suddenly fruit is bad for us? It is the reason for obesity and diabetes? Cmon people.

People should consume more fruit, not less and all our sponsor products contain fruit including n2guard, cardazol and m1-mk for the simple fact they do a lot of good things for our bodies including fight cancer and provide us nutrition. Raw fruit is full of vitamins and minerals and water for hydration. Our bodies are mostly water and so are our muscles so no reason to be scared of fruit

Steve, i don’t recall anybody on this thread that stated fruit is bad for you, is the cause for obesity, or diabetes. However, fruit DOES contain sugar, that’s a fact, now you can make the argument “It’s good sugar” all day. But moderation in anything is key, too much fruit will get you fat, just like too much chicken breast will get you fat.

There is absolutely no need to go overboard on fruit, especially with the fact of the matter being our body can only absorb so much vitamins/minerals before it just pisses the excess out.

Now i did recall stating it was a good choice, but not to go too heavy.

OP’s goal is to keep his carbs low, and the FACT of the MATTER here is FRUIT CONTAINS CARBS.

TLDR: MODERATION IS KEY, THERE IS A POINT OF DIMINISHING RETURNS WITH EVERYTHING.

Last edited:
i have fruit daily, i feel its a must BUT every time i get a little greedy with it or over do it, i always gain weight... every fucking time... its a FINE line with it... which it is with most but i definitely think you should have it, but definitely dont over do it

i have fruit daily, i feel its a must BUT every time i get a little greedy with it or over do it, i always gain weight... every fucking time... its a FINE line with it... which it is with most but i definitely think you should have it, but definitely dont over do it

So are you saying you gained weight because you ate fruit or you gained weight because you ate too much?

- - - Updated - - -

Steve, i don’t recall anybody on this thread that stated fruit is bad for you, is the cause for obesity, or diabetes. However, fruit DOES contain sugar, that’s a fact, now you can make the argument “It’s good sugar” all day. But moderation in anything is key, too much fruit will get you fat, just like too much chicken breast will get you fat.

Are you saying all sugar is the same?

stick to the high water fruits.. melons for example are 95% water, 4% fiber and 1% sugar and has a glycemic load of only 4. doctors tell people to stay away from fruit because it is sugar, but do they realize that everything you eat is still going to bump insulin levels? to what degree is another discussion but fruit has way less of a GL than many other foods that doctors say is okay to eat.

bananas unless extremely ripe are going to be only 74% water. stick to the high water content fruits.

remember every food you put into your body gets processed into sugar for energy, the difference is fruit is minimally processed. that is why it is so good to consume on a super hot day or when you need hydration or when your stomach doesn't feel well. papaya has been used since the beginning of time as a digestion enzyme, now drug companies put it in a bottle and sell it when you can simply eat a papaya after a large meal and get the same benefits.. watermelon is only grown during the summer for a reason, amazing how nature works. fruits contain very necessary vitamins and minerals, they are alkaline. they fight cancer and other diseases, they help digestion. for whatever reason they have become the devil over the past 30 years in this country and nobody eats them anymore, instead they eat shit out of packages and processed crap. we should stop trying to fight nature and eat foods that nature gives us, not what some dude in a lab coat gives us.

Last edited:
I do love fruit...cantelope, watermelon, pineapple, kiwi and grapes are my favorite. Plus i love tomatoes (tech a fruit)...
I agree with DG...i gain weight when i binge on fruit especially red grapes and blueberries...if i dont pay attention ill eat a whole 8oz bag. Im the same way with raw peanut butter. I can easily eat a entire jar in one day if im not vigiliant

So are you saying you gained weight because you ate fruit or you gained weight because you ate too much?

- - - Updated - - -

Very good at twisting words here huh?

- - - Updated - - -

He made it very clear whenever he gets “greedy” with it, as in eats a lot over his intended daily amount, he gains weight.

I’m a big fan of nuts. But I usually opt for cashews honestly. Even cashew butter. Way better for you and the taste is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom