Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

10 day water fast completed today

if you want to get the true effects from fasting the only thing you can drink is water and some electrolytes

if you find yourself getting hungry simply drink some water with salt and that will usually take care of that. but yeah fasting isn't the most fun thing, but it works. avoiding habits makes fasting easier, habits like watching tv and snacking or habits like linking stress with trips to the kitchen for a snack. everyone who fasts will realize that most of the time they stuff their face with food it isn't due to actual hunger (obese people that number is 100%), it is due to habit and using food as an anecdote for that... that is probably linked to us as children whining and our parents giving us food to shut us up.

or if you have a dog who begs for food and we give them food as a treat. then your dog realizes they can get your attention by whining and gets food as a reward. it is a dopamine rush that we want, it isn't the actual food. how else do you explain people actually thinking mcdonalds tastes good?

Good advice, thanks. I don’t think Coke Zero interferes with the effects of fasting. Aspartame is not a source of carbohydrates and doesn’t increase insulin response.

- - - Updated - - -

I also agree with your points about being conditioned to eat. Just like how western culture promotes consumerism, eating goes hand in hand. What bothers me is you hear stories of people stranded or what have you, and reporters always say something to the effect of “they went for five days without food, surviving only on a bad of Cheetos” or something. Like yeah, they would have survived just fine without that. People have this perception that you totally die without food.

you have to have a different level of mental toughness in my opinion to do something like this....I dont eat for 3 hours and I am one nasty little bitch...

Good advice, thanks. I don’t think Coke Zero interferes with the effects of fasting. Aspartame is not a source of carbohydrates and doesn’t increase insulin response.

- - - Updated - - -

I also agree with your points about being conditioned to eat. Just like how western culture promotes consumerism, eating goes hand in hand. What bothers me is you hear stories of people stranded or what have you, and reporters always say something to the effect of “they went for five days without food, surviving only on a bad of Cheetos” or something. Like yeah, they would have survived just fine without that. People have this perception that you totally die without food.

“Even though diet soda is technically free of calories, it may inhibit the positive effects of fasting. Sugar-free diet drinks get their sweet taste from artificial sweeteners (like aspartame) which can create an insulin response. Therefore, you want to avoid drinking diet soda during your fasting windows.”

1. diet soda absolute will break a fast. even if you believe the lie that it doesn't illicit an insulin response it still kicks you out of ketosis, it affects your gut health, effects hormones, and sends a signal to the brain saying i'm getting nutrients so it will drain your energy. just stick to WATER and some electrolytes. you can even drop some ultima in your water that is okay. also don't listen to anyone who says something with 0 calories won't break a fast. it isn't about calories at all!! there are things that have calories that won't kick you out of a fast and there are things without calories that will. just keep things simple and stick to water and some salt/cream of tartar

2. if you can't go more than 3 hours without food then you got problems. you either are extremely addicted to food and/or are extremely insulin resisistant. i know because i used to be like that. if you start fasting regularly you will reverse both problems within 2 weeks. trust me i have trained many clients in that situation and at first it is super hard but the more they do it the more the body changes. you can reverse insulin sensitivity very fast via fasting. there is nothing that works better. so DO IT! start with a 16 hour fast, then go to 18, then keep increasing it until you do 24 hours dinner to dinner. after that you can start doing longer fasts and once you are in the lifestyle you won't want to go back. the extra energy you get all day and benefits will make it worth it. and you will no longer be a slave to food as you are now. once you free yourself of that you will be much happier. and your workouts will be amazing fasted because instead of your body draining 50-60% of its energy everyday digesting all the food you are throwing at it nonstop, it can use that energy to get you through workouts. plus you will recover and repair your body faster too!

Last edited:
The fasting log is the most exciting thing I’m looking forward to this quarantine season lol.

it is actually a perfect time to fast now. you will recycle your WBC's and other cells in the body. you will reboot your immune system back years. if you do happen to get the virus your body will be to beat the shit out of it vs. it turning into the covid disease and you ending up in the hospital.

the people who have gotten coronavirus have all reported the same symptoms of losing appetite. that is the body saying 'dude i'm trying to fight off this crazy virus we have never seen before, stop throwing food at us. i don't want yet another job of having to digest it'. those that have the virus should be fasting and sipping water. not throwing food at their body!

Any views on drinking apple cider vinegar during a fast Steve? Have always done it and assumed it’s not breaking the fast. Wondering if you know different.

Any views on drinking apple cider vinegar during a fast Steve? Have always done it and assumed it’s not breaking the fast. Wondering if you know different.

it depends on what your goals are during the fast. if your goals are full fledged autophagy and stem cell repair in the gut don't drink apple cider vinegar or anything else aside from spring water

if your goals are things like fat loss, HGH boosting, insulin sensitivity then it is fine to drink apple cider vinegar or even squirt some citrus into your water

in my Ebook in my signature on fasting i discuss different options to fasting you can do in terms of what you can take or not.

it depends on what your goals are during the fast. if your goals are full fledged autophagy and stem cell repair in the gut don't drink apple cider vinegar or anything else aside from spring water

if your goals are things like fat loss, HGH boosting, insulin sensitivity then it is fine to drink apple cider vinegar or even squirt some citrus into your water

in my Ebook in my signature on fasting i discuss different options to fasting you can do in terms of what you can take or not.

Cheers man. Goals are all of the above! Just finished a 48 hour fast with ACV, coffee and electrolytes. Haven’t done one for a while.

Going to bump it up to 72 hours during lockdown, will try that one with just water and target proper autophagy.

Cheers man. Goals are all of the above! Just finished a 48 hour fast with ACV, coffee and electrolytes. Haven’t done one for a while.

Going to bump it up to 72 hours during lockdown, will try that one with just water and target proper autophagy.

Yes now is the time

bro u thinking of doing a longer fast? maybe 30 days? or something like a dry fast?

longest was 19 days.

dry fasting is risky for me since i am so active and live in a hot climate. maybe in the winter or something when i am taking a few days off from everything

Back
Top Bottom