Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

10ml vial switched to 1ml?

saleen556

Buff Brother
So I have been on trt since february. Just went to get my first refill and they switched me to 2 one ML vials a month instead of just the 10ml vial I had. Anyone else have this happen? I hate going to Pharmacy every month and its more money as well. With insurance the watson 10ml was only $15. This 2ml just cost me $7. I know its cheap but I pay plenty for insurance and want the best bang for the buck. I am wondering if this is just a pharmacy deal or insurance has changed.

Think I figured this out. It may be just how the prescription is written. It just has my dosage and doesn't specify a 10ml vial. Think it leaves room for them to swap and make more money. Will talk to doc about prescribing 10ml vial and leave dosage open.

When I started TRT. The pharm was giving me two one ml bottle at $43. I asked for a 10ml and got it for $47. I will not buy the 1ml bottles again.

When I started TRT. The pharm was giving me two one ml bottle at $43. I asked for a 10ml and got it for $47. I will not buy the 1ml bottles again.

Well my wife picked it up so I am not sure what the deal was. I think they saw a way to make more money since my script doesn't specify.

Nope!

Think I figured this out. It may be just how the prescription is written. It just has my dosage and doesn't specify a 10ml vial. Think it leaves room for them to swap and make more money. Will talk to doc about prescribing 10ml vial and leave dosage open.

My provider did the same thing to my prescriptions. My doctor didn't explain it to me at all. I received a letter stating that they weren't going to use Watson anymore and switch over to the tiny 1ml. vials from Pfizer. The story went like this: Watson had produced a contaminated batch of Test E which they had to do a recall then they switched over to Pfizer. All fake. Actually was a ploy to reduce cost and possibly eliminate TRT because they found out that patients on TRT were also self-administering additional dosages at home and possible steroid usage as well. That's part of their excuse. My doctors cut me off TRT because I was doing just that because 300mg. every 2 weeks was a drop in the bucket for me. What gets me when I began on TRT in Nov., 2009 to January, 2014, I continued to use my own supply with the TRT and my blood work showed that I was way over the Test level for a middle aged male! >1500ng/dl. Almost 5 straight years then suddenly I'm cut off TRT! I'm going to inquiry about the TRT next month even though I really sign up to save a little money, but with the replacements of 10ml. vials for 1ml. vials, which pissed me off, it just don't seem worth it for me anymore when I have over 21,000mg. of Test E and tabs of my own, I shouldn't even bother with them.

I'm guessing if I came back that high my doc would have a problem as well. Fortunately I feel great in the low 600s. The small vials just seem to be a pain and more expensive.

Well - after you figure the whole trt thing out, even with good insurance and copays, it is often cheaper to self administrate and get your own blood work. I am about to give my TRT doc the boot cause I probably know more about all this than he does.

First that's a great co pay on the watson 10ml vial.
This happen to me once because the pharm was out of the 10ml bottles.

I bitched a bit. Remember this is a real script. You have every right. Pharms
get deliveries every day. You might ask the simple Q why the 2- 1ml bottles.
I assume your Doc prescribed 100mg/ week.?

For me it was how the doc wrote the script. He wants me to start at .5ml a week and prescribed 10ml vials. The insurance company told the pharmacy they only cover a 90 day supply of any med, so they covered 6 1ml vials for 3 months at a time. I know people who have scripts where they are getting 20 or more ml at a time and have stockpiled it, but no idea how that gets by the pharmacy AND the insurance companies. The insurance company also wanted me to pay 51 dollar copay for Pfizer but 17 for a "generic" supply. It's crazy.

He did say after my bloods in 6 more weeks he may increase it to 1ml/ week but that he likes to start at 100mg/wk.

First that's a great co pay on the watson 10ml vial.
This happen to me once because the pharm was out of the 10ml bottles.

I bitched a bit. Remember this is a real script. You have every right. Pharms
get deliveries every day. You might ask the simple Q why the 2- 1ml bottles.
I assume your Doc prescribed 100mg/ week.?
Yes your correct 100mg a week. From the pharmacy I can only get a 30day supply since they found the 1ml vials. I'm going to see if doc will just change prescription to 10ml vial and leave dosage off.

Back
Top Bottom