Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

26 year old with low natural testosterone - to do a cycle or try and get TRT

yes they injected the contrast in to me during the MRI. I'm thinking of getting my cortisol levels checked also. anyone had experience with high cortisol causing low test?

Cortisol, and stress in general is VERY closely regulated with testosterone levels and libido. A cortisol test would be a great test to get done.

Thanks mate. I sent you an email. if you could look over my bloods and the endincrologists letter, that would be greatly appreciated

yes they injected the contrast in to me during the MRI. I'm thinking of getting my cortisol levels checked also. anyone had experience with high cortisol causing low test?

we all have high cortisol in modern society. thank electronics, diet, stress, etc. i think you are grasping for straws at this point.

just get on TRT already. it is very common as i've said

i think your doctor at this point is just trying to find something, if you were an American i would tell you he was trying to jack up your medical bill.

Like I said before, I think TRT is going to be the best option. Running a cycle would be more of a muscle building cycle but that doesn't sound like what you need right now. I would get on a normal TRT routine for months and get things stable before running any blast/cycle.

Thanks man. you are right. only thing is here in aus they are really reluctant to put people on trt, especially considering I'm only 26. if the new doctor doesn't prescribe it, I'll just administer myself. cheaper that way but obviously you get the risks of the quality being not as good.

- - - Updated - - -

I completely agree. wanted to get to normal range before even considering doing a cycle so that my levels will be able to rebound quickly. if the doctor doesn't prescribe TRT because they think it will cause more harm than good (which is what previous endocrinologist said) then how do you feel about me doing 1.5ml per week for 12 weeks of test-e followed by pct

little up date guys. got results back from another blood test and my testosterone level came back mid normal range 14 (normal range:8.6-29). LH was 1.8 (range:1.7-8.6) FSH was 4 (normal range: 2-12) AM cortisol:283 (noemal range 120-620). the test was done by a different lab company, still before 10:00am like all the other tests, but I had not trained before the test like I had with the others, all I'd done was an easy walk and stretch/foam roll. does anyone have any insight on if training weights before a blood test would decrease testosterone levels? if anything, I thought it would increase it and from what I've read that's the case also

little up date guys. got results back from another blood test and my testosterone level came back mid normal range 14 (normal range:8.6-29). LH was 1.8 (range:1.7-8.6) FSH was 4 (normal range: 2-12) AM cortisol:283 (noemal range 120-620). the test was done by a different lab company, still before 10:00am like all the other tests, but I had not trained before the test like I had with the others, all I'd done was an easy walk and stretch/foam roll. does anyone have any insight on if training weights before a blood test would decrease testosterone levels? if anything, I thought it would increase it and from what I've read that's the case also

Your testosterone levels fluctuate hour to hour and from day to day. When you get blood work - that's your hormone levels at that snap shot in time.

Immediately post workout - your testosterone levels will actually be lower then normal because your body is inflamed and stressed out from the workout you just performed. A few hours after your workout, your testosterone levels will start to increase and will continue to increase as your body is starting the muscle building and repair process.

As Trevor says, and kinda obvious when you think about it, your levels are only ever close to steady when you're on a cycle. Stress of any kind makes natural levels change

Hi guys, just an update. I saw a doctor last night who prescribed me testosterone. he said that the issue appears to be with my androgen receptors or something. I can't fully recall the details but he essentially gave me a lecture on testosterone in it's molecular form and how it interacts with organs and its function in the body etc. he said it's very hard to test testosterone because blood tests only reveal testosterone levels in the blood and don't reflect what is going in to the organs etc. he said that the issue with me is that my level is really low (well below normal range) and my SHGB is really high (above normal range) which is indicating that a lot of my testosterone is bound up and hardly any is free to be used.

so I'm a little hesitant to start TRT because it's a life long thing and because of fertility, he said that when it comes to making babies I can go off TRT and take HCG and something else (can't remember exact name) and that isn't an issue.

Would love to hear the opinions of you guys? I'm booked in to the gp again today to get another referral for a blood test (gp's and blood tests are free under our healthcare system here in Australia thank god) which should give me a bit more data. i'll get it done first thing in the morning and won't train before.

a question I have is, if my low test is caused by 'overreaching/overtraining' would the levels be as low as they have been (i.e. 5.9) the doctor I saw last night seemed to think that they would be low 8-10 but not that low. he said that the levels bounce back quickly and when I described my training the last 6 months he said that there's no way they would not have recovered more. he said the issue was to do with the androgen receptors in which there is currently no test for. does anyone know what is the lowest recorded levels from overtraining? it's not like I run marathons or anything. I just typically do 3-4 45-50min weight sessions (not overly intense) one easy 5km run and maybe 5-10 40m sprints in a week. which isn't a whole lot. aside from that I do maybe 10,000-12,000 steps a day and have a sedentary office job. not overly stressed. only thing I can think of is that I've never had a long period off exercise. longest would be like 1 week.

Hi guys, just an update. I saw a doctor last night who prescribed me testosterone. he said that the issue appears to be with my androgen receptors or something. I can't fully recall the details but he essentially gave me a lecture on testosterone in it's molecular form and how it interacts with organs and its function in the body etc. he said it's very hard to test testosterone because blood tests only reveal testosterone levels in the blood and don't reflect what is going in to the organs etc. he said that the issue with me is that my level is really low (well below normal range) and my SHGB is really high (above normal range) which is indicating that a lot of my testosterone is bound up and hardly any is free to be used.

so I'm a little hesitant to start TRT because it's a life long thing and because of fertility, he said that when it comes to making babies I can go off TRT and take HCG and something else (can't remember exact name) and that isn't an issue.

Would love to hear the opinions of you guys? I'm booked in to the gp again today to get another referral for a blood test (gp's and blood tests are free under our healthcare system here in Australia thank god) which should give me a bit more data. i'll get it done first thing in the morning and won't train before.

a question I have is, if my low test is caused by 'overreaching/overtraining' would the levels be as low as they have been (i.e. 5.9) the doctor I saw last night seemed to think that they would be low 8-10 but not that low. he said that the levels bounce back quickly and when I described my training the last 6 months he said that there's no way they would not have recovered more. he said the issue was to do with the androgen receptors in which there is currently no test for. does anyone know what is the lowest recorded levels from overtraining? it's not like I run marathons or anything. I just typically do 3-4 45-50min weight sessions (not overly intense) one easy 5km run and maybe 5-10 40m sprints in a week. which isn't a whole lot. aside from that I do maybe 10,000-12,000 steps a day and have a sedentary office job. not overly stressed. only thing I can think of is that I've never had a long period off exercise. longest would be like 1 week.

BEFORE you start the TRT, go to a fertility clinic, donate a sperm sample and have it frozen. There is a very good chance that you will become infertile getting on TRT at such a young age. It isn't worth risking it. It'll cost you around $250 US per year to keep it frozen but then you have the piece of mind that you can always have children if you choose to.

At your age - you aren't over training. The amount you are exercising won't impact testosterone levels greatly. If anything, they would improve them. You need to train ALOT to actually lower your testosterone levels. I am talking like 2 hour workouts twice per day 7 days a week.

BEFORE you start the TRT, go to a fertility clinic, donate a sperm sample and have it frozen. There is a very good chance that you will become infertile getting on TRT at such a young age. It isn't worth risking it. It'll cost you around $250 US per year to keep it frozen but then you have the piece of mind that you can always have children if you choose to.

At your age - you aren't over training. The amount you are exercising won't impact testosterone levels greatly. If anything, they would improve them. You need to train ALOT to actually lower your testosterone levels. I am talking like 2 hour workouts twice per day 7 days a week.

Thanks Muskate, really appreciate your help. i'll let you guys know the results of my blood test that I'm getting tomorrow. not going to train before it so that it is an accurate representation.

would there be any issues if I did TRT for a few months to see if it makes a huge impact on how i feel etc and then came off and used hcg, clomid etc?

Thanks Muskate, really appreciate your help. i'll let you guys know the results of my blood test that I'm getting tomorrow. not going to train before it so that it is an accurate representation.

would there be any issues if I did TRT for a few months to see if it makes a huge impact on how i feel etc and then came off and used hcg, clomid etc?

You need to read up some more (and listen to the doc better). It's NOT for a few months.

Wow, you hit the jackpot with an ozzy doc, only one test under 7 & you're prescribed legit trt. At some stage the doc will be audited & I think you'll have to jump thru a few hoops, maybe sene an Endo.
It would make sense to have some sperm frozen while they're still swimming. See how you go, I reckon after 3/4 months you'll love it, but after a few years the enhanced test levels don't feel so special anymore, your estro may rise, you may feel lethargic & you could feel less energetic. You start to use ancillaries, spend some time getting it dialed in, its a roller coaster man.

Lets talk specifics, is your sex life affected by low test? Are you getting morning wood? You've always trained, so fairly active & energetic. If so, do you really want to jump on the roller coaster? Risk what you have thinking you'll gain something & not lose

your doctor spouted off some bro science about androgen receptors and bound test etc. don't believe his bullshit. blood work can be interpreted any way.. i bet if you took proviron for a week then went back in your SHBG would be low and your free test up and he would tell you the exact opposite.

but in the end there is no point getting into a debate with a doctor because they know everything about everything. trust me i used to play poker with these guys and they KNOW IT ALL about every topic. their whole lives they've had their ass kissed and been great students cause they can read books and are good test takers. doesn't mean they are experts on steroids though.

Yes, TRT is a lifelong commitment so you really have to be sure you want to go that route. If there is an issue then this is going to be the best solution. Pinning once per week really isn't a big deal but it is something you have to deal with when it comes to traveling, etc. Just take your time and think about it.

Actually, it's quite an Exhaustive Search that a Doctor must do to rule out all the different Types.
Including a Complete Medical History, to Rule Out any Diseases.

Then there's things like Obesity/HBP/Renal Disease/COPD/Smoking and Drug abuse.
These can all contribute to Low-T................................ JP
P.S.
If you could post a Picture of your Complete Bloodwork, there may be something there.
And I would like to see if they Missed any Tests.

Just Block-out your Name !

Helpful answer and I should follow this one for me too.

Hi legends,

Firstly, thank you all for your comments. you all seem very reasonable and informed on this topic and I like that you are actually looking at the long term and not just taking the 'bro' approach that taking exogenous testosterone would give extra muscle and therefore worth it.

So from my last update where I saw the doctor who prescribed me primoteston 250mg/ml injections every two weeks and spun some shit about my androgen receptors not working, I've been to the Andrology Unit at Concord Hospital where I live in Sydney, Australia and man were they professional. I wish I had been referred to them by my gp in the first place because the first endo I saw didn't spend enough time with me (literally two 5 minute consults and then sent me off for tests). these guys at the Andrology Unit gave me 2 endo's for a full hour and ran tests, let me talk and answered my questions. I also did two more blood tests, one on Saturday morning and one on Monday morning in which my testosterone levels came back mid normal range. lh was still under 2 and shgb was still above normal range.

in summary, the endo's said my testicles are normal size, nothing is wrong with my pituitary, bone density is slightly above normal range and everything seems to be functioning fine. they said the low serum levels could have been from an average nights sleep, stressful day beforehand and that blood is not the best marker to measure testosterone function. they asked if I had any liver issues in regards to the high shgb levels and I said no. they said not to worry about that too much because it appears everything is functioning. I've also read that it can be caused by a high fibre diet, which I tend to have (lots of veges, fruits, brown rice etc).

I asked about the low lh level and they said that's normal for my age. they said they are concerned if it's really high or basically non existent. I haven't been able to find too much on this, but I found somewhere say that it should be around 7-8 where as mine is 1.8. does any one know anything else on this?

They are going to monitor me with bloods over the next 3 months and then I go back to the clinic in 3 months for bone scan and testicle check. I told them about the prescription and they said that it is not worth shutting down my system when it's working fine for 1ml every 2 weeks as I will not experience many benefits at that dose. she mentioned that trt is a roller coaster ride (as HFC mentioned above) and why do it if you don't need to.

so for now, I'm staying off TRT. I bought a three month supply of TestoFuel (natural test booster) and am going to be quite diligent on implementing the lifestyle, training and nutritional methods to boost test naturally as stated on anabolicmen.com/ get tested over the next few months and see if there is improvement in my levels. I'm looking forward to not worrying about this and knowing everything is functioning fine.

anyone got any light or advice to share on the above. do you agree with my latest appointment? any comments are appreciated.

thanks again guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom