sarms-forsaleunclez.rueudomestic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Biggest Chest-Training Mistakes And How to Correct Them

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

5 Biggest Chest-Training Mistakes And How to Correct Them

It takes a lot of effort to develop a chest. Itís even more difficult if youíre doing it incorrectly. Take these reminders into consideration if you want to avoid being flat for a long time.

Donít get me wrong: a good set of abs is attractive (particularly on a woman). However, for most males, having visible abs can sometimes mean that youíre skinny. A powerful chest (which also looks amazing on a lady!) is a greater example of man-muscularity. I find it strange that good arms are plentiful, yet a good set of pectorals is scarce. This is especially odd because many guys put a lot of emphasis on their chests.

So Iíve put together a list of chest-training no-noís and common mistakes I see at the gym.

Activating Your Front Delt

Is your front delt taking over in your chest training? Retracting your shoulders to get a better range of motion and having good posture is what I notice almost everyone doing, as they should. But thereís another step you should be doing with your shoulders. Instead of only retracting your shoulders when hitting the bench, overemphasize bringing your shoulders down as well. This is called retraction and depression. This allows for more chest activation and less deltoid activation.

Overreliance on Barbell Bench Press

Barbell bench press is a great compound movement but isnít the best chest isolation exercise. The barbell limits how far out your elbows can move. So, take a step back from the barbell, grab some dumbbells, and focus on the adduction and abduction movements through the chest press. Iím not saying to completely nix the barbell, as it does have its place (particularly with building strength), but if you really want to grow then pick up the dumbbells too.

Neglecting Full Range of Motion

Compound movements tend to reduce your range of motion. Lighter weight, full-range-of-motion movements are a great complement to your heavy compound work. To get your chest to grow, be sure to get a good stretch on the muscle by driving through the exercise, as well as muscle contraction at the peak. Getting a full stretch in the muscle while performing an exercise is key to growth: as those muscle fibers tear, by getting some protein and recovery, they will rebuild and grow.

Not Keeping the Weight in Line with Your Chest

I see it every day. Someone is doing chest presses, and when they bring the weight up, they aim to bring the weights over their head and get the dumbbells to touch. Instead of bringing the weights in front of your face, drop your shoulders down and keep the weights over your chest. Keep your elbows at a 45-degree angle and keep the range of motion over your chest. Donít forget to contract the muscle!

Under Training Upper Chest

Another thing that I notice a little too often: guys just focusing on the bench press. They spend 30 minutes hogging a bench and only do variations of barbell bench press. Then they wrap up their workout, thatís it. Done. They do it with impressive weight, donít get me wrong, But itís still important to hit your chest from various angles and weights. Donít forget to hit those incline presses, flyes, and cable crossovers (set the cables near the floor and pull the handles up and together on each rep).

With sloppy technique and weak form, you wonít be able to create a large chest. These five frequent training errors (or as I like to call them, ďpec peccadilloesĒ will ensure ďpectacularĒ results! And donít worry, I have more to say on the matter, so be sure to be on the lookout for Part 2.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    very easy to blowout shoulders by over training
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <n2bm discount eBay store! deals on N2generate and N2guard and more!!!

Masters degree in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults

http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    They're all true. Another is not learning to engage the pecs. A very simple way is to (using the barbell bench press as the exercise) is to pull the hands together as you both lift and lower the bar. Try pulling the bar apart (engaging the rear delt way more) and pulling together (and now the pec gets it)

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    They're all true. Another is not learning to engage the pecs.
    This is so true! I never really improved my bench to a great deal until I learned to engage my chest. If any of you powerlifter older guys here remember the late Jeff Magruder who competed in the 80's (640 bench) he was my mentor and taught me how to engage your chest back in the mid-80's. Jeff unfortunately died in 2017 from Lou Gehrig's disease. He was the same age as me (64) and we grew up together in the Puyallup, Sumner-Edgewood area (Washington State).

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    They'rei all true. Another is not learning to engage the pecs. A very simple way is to (using the barbell bench press as the exercise) is to pull the hands together as you both lift and lower the bar. Try pulling the bar apart (engaging the rear delt way more) and pulling together (and now the pec gets it)
    I use this one every time I bench.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zaccass1 View Post
    I use this one every time I bench.
    Most don't but rely on the reps and weights to do the job. Only when they get into flyes etc do the pecs get work. Done properly it's seriously hard work

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Mostf don't but rely on the reps and weights to do the job. Only when they get into flyes etc do the pecs get work. Done properly it's seriously hard work
    Agree 100 percent.You will feel them working.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    too much shoulders imo

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bros good chest info

Advanced Cyborg Brother ROIDDERS's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews