Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Acai Berry

thenightmare21

Registered
What is an acai berry?
The acai berry is an inch-long reddish, purple fruit. It comes from the acai palm tree (Euterpe oleracea), which is native to Central and South America. It is a relative of the blueberry, cranberry, and other dark purple fruits.
Research on the acai berry has focused on its possible antioxidant activity. Theoretically, that activity may help prevent diseases caused by oxidative stress such as heart disease and cancer.

Nutrition Benefits
Per 100 gram serving of the Açaí berry, you'll also get about 10 grams of carbohydrates (8 of those being from fiber), 1.46 grams of protein, as well as about 6 grams of dietary fat. No other fruit has a fiber content quite like this one does, making this a perfect solution for those who are on low-carb diets or those who have issues with blood sugar levels.

Acai as an Anti Oxident
Anthocyanins and flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that help defend the body against life's stressors. They also play a role in the body's cell protection system. Free radicals are harmful byproducts produced by the body. Eating a diet rich in antioxidants may interfere with aging and the disease process by neutralizing free radicals. By lessening the destructive power of free radicals, antioxidants may help reduce the risk of some diseases, such as heart disease and cancer.

Are there known health benefits of acai berries?
Some studies show that acai fruit pulp has a very high antioxidant capacity with even more antioxidant content than cranberry, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, or blueberry. Studies are ongoing, though, and the jury is still out.

Okay so this is a nice looking berry, but what will it do for an athlete/body builder!!!!!
Increased energy levels
Improvement in digestive functioning
Enhanced mental clarity
Higher quality and deeper sleep
Effective at fighting free radicals
Helps to detoxify and cleanse the system
Boosts the immune system
Increases sexual desire and performance
Prevents cancer
Slows the natural process of aging
Increases skin's vitality
Improves blood cholesterol profile
Enhances the health of the heart and circulatory system
Prevents artherosclerosis
Decreases arthritis and other related joint pain
Helps speed up recovery from injuries (or physical training for that matter)
Reduces signs of depression
Stabilizes blood sugar levels, greatly helping those with diabetes
Improves your physical strength

Is this stuff for real you might ask? Well I am about to find out. I am always looking for help with my joints so I will discontinue the use of Forged Joint Repair in favor of Sambazon® Organic Acai Powder - SAMBAZON - GNC
It is a basic acai powder and I will use it as directed until the end of the contest logging about it each day on this thread!

Acai Berries and Berry Juice - Are There Any Health Benefits or Side Effects?
Bodybuilding.com - Acai Berries - Do They Live Up To The Hype? - Shannon Clark

Day 1 Acai Berry Powder
So I accidently took 2 need2sleeps instead of needtoslins this morning the acai definatly helped reverse that effect i felt i was really able to hang alittle better with my cardio today as far as joint pain I dont really notice a differnce. i am also fighting a cold which it seemed to help with

Day 1 Acai Berry Powder
So I accidently took 2 need2sleeps instead of needtoslins this morning the acai definatly helped reverse that effect i felt i was really able to hang alittle better with my cardio today as far as joint pain I dont really notice a differnce. i am also fighting a cold which it seemed to help with

lol i feel like you aren't the only person to do this..glad it turned out ok.

i felt stupider then it actually effected me

but anyhow big ups to the acai berry for helping me stay awake in class instead of needing2sleep

Good write up my friend!

Funny... I have this in a pill form on my microwave. Maybe I should open the bottle and start taking it!

Day 2
I noticed that I had more energy and a better sense of well being. It definatly seems to be helping my cold. My joints are no better or worse then they were taking forged joing support

Day 3
Felt stronger doing cardio today. Maybe its a placibo effect but I am definatly noticing a differnce. I do constantly feel healthier

Day 4
This is a weird one not sure if its a result of the acai but taking it took the edge off my craving for sugar. My shoulder is starting to feel better as well I'm not sure if its the acai or the extensive treatment that I've been having done. (Active Release Therapy, Physical Therapy) So far I'd defintaly say not a bad product for the cost

Days 5-6. The acai is definatly not helping my joints I have begun taking my forged joint repair again, I'm all for science but i also know when to fold and this is the case. I will continune taking acai because I have noticed more energy and a better sense of well being, if i can accomplish being alittle stronger by the end of my workout then i'm all for that

Day 7
In combination acai and forged joint support is pretty effective. I played catch for the first time making all the supplimenting and lifting all worth it!

What are you dosing at? The label recommendation or more? I just got some, and since its cheap as chips I don't see a problem in doing multi-gram dosages a day. Knowing what you use can be a good starting point for a baseline though, since I like what I hear. :)

cheers!
JK

Days 8-12 Since Acai isnt a PH or a needto supp and im not noticing leaps and strides everyday I'm blocking the log off into multiday. I am definatly feeling better overall acai+forged joint support has been dynomite my shoulder feels a fantastic hopefully itll give my elbow a nice kick too! The cold that I had I pretty much fought off with acai and water so anybody on cycle might want to fight a cold with acai instead of cutting of the cycle for antiboiotics.

Dr. Eric Weichselbaum Volunteers Chile earthquake disaster relief

Hello Everybody

Discussions on global warming are most often disregarded as too scientific - however, an earthquake shaking an entire country into disaster cannot be another disregarded statistic. We're talking about people, just like you and me.

Please help the victims to Haiti & Chile
Support Disaster Relief in Haiti

What are you dosing at? The label recommendation or more? I just got some, and since its cheap as chips I don't see a problem in doing multi-gram dosages a day. Knowing what you use can be a good starting point for a baseline though, since I like what I hear. :)

cheers!
JK

When I was sick I was up to three or four scoops a day now I'm down to two or three. I feel that it isnt something you can have to much of I mean is seven to ten scoops a day wise probably not but depending on your diet and your size anywhere from two to four scoops a day will reap pretty good results!

When I was sick I was up to three or four scoops a day now I'm down to two or three. I feel that it isnt something you can have to much of I mean is seven to ten scoops a day wise probably not but depending on your diet and your size anywhere from two to four scoops a day will reap pretty good results!

Rrrrrrrrroooooock! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom