Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another noob!!

Lurkintolern

Hey guys, I was just going to send this in a PM to a moderator but I can't do that because I don't have 100 posts. Anyway, here goes

Bio:
Age = 38y.o.,
Height = 5' 9"
Weight = 155lbs (Not sure about BF, around 15% ?)
Training = +/- 9 years (7 years w/ fuckarounditis)

Max lifts:
BP = 175lbs
OHP = 120lbs
DL = 245lbs
Squat = 180lbs (Bad right knee)

Currently lean bulking:
Training days = 3000-3200cals (200-300g protein / 230-300g carb)
Off days = 2400-2600cals (200-260g protein / 80-130g carbs)

For a cut:
Training days = 2400-2600cals
Off days = 1600-1800cals
(adjusting as necessary)

I practice intermittent fasting 16-18hr fast / 6-8hr eating window. It fluctuates due to work or family. I spent most of my lifting career fucking around, not serious at all. I injured my knee for the 3rd time back in late 2015. Started training again shortly after & could barely squat the bar on the smith machine so I've made some decent progress.
I'm currently running Greyskull LP program with some added accessories (Full body / 3x per week / 1.5hr session) Increasing upper body lifts 2.5-5lbs per session / lower body 5-10lbs.
I train fasted first thing in the morning. Off days I walk at incline for 30mins - 1hr or do 20mins HIIT sprints

Anyway, I plan on bulking for about another month or so and then rolling into a cut. I'm pretty small guy and a difficult gainer, except around the waist (that seems to come with ease). I cut down to 143lbs on my last cut but still couldn't get rid of that spot right at my lower abs and the love handles. I can generally control my diet better when I'm at home as I have complete control over what I buy and make but I also have a family with 4 kids. Offshore I definitely get 100% whole foods but I can't control the selection

I also work offshore in Brazil (28 days on / 28 days off). Our bags are screened coming into the country and coming to the rig so injectables are pretty much out of the question. I was thinking about running a cycle of winstrol when I start my cut. I can start it as soon as I get home from work and possibly run it for a week or so at work. I'd like to gain some strength & definition, maintain muscle, and lose the love handles. |My aspirations are pretty simple, I can deal with slow and steady progress and actually prefer it. I don't want to have to explain how I put on 15lbs or more in a short time frame. I'd be happy with 5lbs of LM and a loss of the BF with a nice concrete, defined look for this first ever cycle.

My questions are plenty.
1) How to work up my lifts as the winstrol starts working? (Stay at the same weight w/ more reps & maintain the same linear progression or can I increase a little more?) what´s safest?
2) Dosage seems to be a standard 50mg ed. Should I start w/ 50mg or slowly work myself up to it over a week to 10 days?
3) PCT / During cycle supplementation? I know I'll definitely need something for liver protection and plenty of water, which is about all I drink anyway
4) I'd like to keep sides at bay as best as possible
5) As far as the strength gains; will they generally last very long after the cycle? Do you just de-load 15-20% once you're done?

I currently take the following supplements:
Omega 3 = 3750mg ed (3 split doses)
Vitamin D3 = 5000iu
Country Life Men's MV = 3 tabs daily / split
Liquid bio-cell (collagen / coasimin) = 1 serving
Probiotic 25 billion = 1-2 per day
PWO = 10g BCAA / 5g Creatine / 5g Beta-Alanine / 5g L-citrulene

Anyway, I appreciate any help / advice you can give me. I know my situation isn't ideal and maybe isn't the best to start with but with my schedule, family, etc. it seems to fit the best.

Let's start with: 1) How to work up my lifts as the winstrol starts working? (Stay at the same weight w/ more reps & maintain the same linear progression or can I increase a little more?) what´s safest?

If you wanna work up your lift - off or on, winni or something else - then it's linear progression always.

Let's start with: 1) How to work up my lifts as the winstrol starts working? (Stay at the same weight w/ more reps & maintain the same linear progression or can I increase a little more?) what´s safest?

If you wanna work up your lift - off or on, winni or something else - then it's linear progression always.

Cool deal. I'm on the right track in that regard. Thanks man
GSLP is pretty much that, 2 sets x 5 reps & 1 set AMRAP. If the AMRAP set passes north of 10 reps then double the weight increase the next session. I've plateaued and de-loaded a couple of times already but it seems to be working fairly well thus far

Seriously, if you want to Increase your Lifts.

Stop Killing yourself with these 1 1/2 Hour Workouts.
It's difficult for your Body to recover, especially at 38 years old.
Cut Off a Half Hour or more.
Go to a 3 Day Split, either a Push/Pull or an Upper/Lower Split.
You'll get more work done in Less Time, without Killing yourself, and Stalling your Gains.

If you want to do any AAS.
Do a Test Only Cycle, these are Gains that you can keep.

At your Age, Winstrol is the Last Oral you want to do, especially with Knee Issues.
Winny Dries Out your Joints ~ All of Them !

And stay away from the Smith Machine for Squats.
It can put alot of Pressure on your Knees.
Do Goblet Squats and Lunges with DB's, if you can't do much weight.................................. JP

Seriously, if you want to Increase your Lifts.

Stop Killing yourself with these 1 1/2 Hour Workouts.
It's difficult for your Body to recover, especially at 38 years old.
Cut Off a Half Hour or more.
Go to a 3 Day Split, either a Push/Pull or an Upper/Lower Split.
You'll get more work done in Less Time, without Killing yourself, and Stalling your Gains.

If you want to do any AAS.
Do a Test Only Cycle, these are Gains that you can keep.

At your Age, Winstrol is the Last Oral you want to do, especially with Knee Issues.
Winny Dries Out your Joints ~ All of Them !

And stay away from the Smith Machine for Squats.
It can put alot of Pressure on your Knees.
Do Goblet Squats and Lunges with DB's, if you can't do much weight.................................. JP

Thanks for the input. You're probably right. As I dig more into all of this, I find more negatives than positives to winny.

Which oral would you recommend for my goals?

As far as the bad knee, all the previous injuries were unrelated to lifting. I have 4 weeks on the rig with only a smith machine and the heaviest DB we have is 38kg.
A vast majority of my 1.5hr sessions are wait time (1.5 - 2.5mins between sets / 3-4mins between exercises) Mon, Wed, Fri. I might need an intervention as every time I cut it down to an hour or less within a couple of weeks I've added in sets / exercises. Unfortunately I'm a stimulus addict with a bit of OCD.

What are your views on SARMs? How many of those little bottles would I need to cover 4 weeks? I could probably get away with a couple if I simply swap the labels for beard oil or something.

It'll likely be a few month before I'm ready to start anything so I'll keep researching as much as I can.

let me follow up on what JP said because it is true. these long workouts are counter productive, you want your workouts to be efficient. I hate when people use the word "work hard in the gym".. this is actually wrong. you need to "work efficient and SMART" in the gym.

as far as sarm's.. S4 and LGD are my 2 favorites for strenght, but you gotta get legit ones

Point taken. I’ll cut an exercise from every session, leave out the drop sets, and shave the wait times a little. That should put me back into the 1hr range.

- - - Updated - - -

SARMS1? Or would another site be recommended?

Point taken. I’ll cut an exercise from every session, leave out the drop sets, and shave the wait times a little. That should put me back into the 1hr range.

- - - Updated - - -

SARMS1? Or would another site be recommended?

SARMS1.com is a great site. They're the SARMS board sponsor. They are currently out of stock and re-stocking their products but they should hopefully be back in business soon!

SARMS1.com is a great site. They're the SARMS board sponsor. They are currently out of stock and re-stocking their products but they should hopefully be back in business soon!

I noticed that, "no payment options available". I'll keep checking back

With the right amount of food you should see gains without the winny. At your height and weight and at 15% body fat I would guess you still could add a bunch of muscle without any steroids. I think you just need to eat and continue to train.

I’m trying bro but my impatience is starting to kick in. I’ve been intermittent fasting for going on 2 years now. It’s really taught me how to control my diet and stick to a program. I’m not looking for a magic pill but I sure wouldn’t mind a little help.
I’m really considering the sarms triple stack S4/GW/MK.
Just curious about running the S4 at a lower dose to help prevent the vision sides. I work 3 weeks of nights while I’m at work.
I appreciate all the input, thanks

38kg dumbbells? Change the gym!! Ours go to 90kg.
It’s the gym on the rig. Only option for squats is the smith machine or 38kg DBs. I’ve been doing back squats Monday & fronts on Friday with the smith machine. I do the same at home but on a proper squat rack

i recommend you workout at the end of your intermittent fast, then take your time to prepare a healthy meal and eat after but before you eat take n2slin. this is exactly what I do and the felt melts off

With S4 everyone reacts differently but I can say that for me, at 50mg per day I have NO vision side effects. I ran it at 75mg per day last time and did start to get some dark spots. Dropped back down and they went away.

It’s the gym on the rig. Only option for squats is the smith machine or 38kg DBs. I’ve been doing back squats Monday & fronts on Friday with the smith machine. I do the same at home but on a proper squat rack

That explains it.

If you are Fasting 16-18 hours a day and training a an hour and a half/day, it going to be tough to make any gains, of you are cutting down to 143lbs at a height of 5’9 and still have belly fat, that is just confirming that your body isn’t getting enough fuel for your workouts, so it storing fat in the typical areas to feed off of, you are overtraining and under eating.
Try limiting your workouts to 45 min and increasing your calories, also with a bad knee , I would stop squats all together, try leg press, do partial reps or go down as far as you can before it starts to hurt.
Lastly stay the hell away from winstrol , it’s drys everything out, knee, wrists, shoulders, elbows etc.. it is a contest drug and should be used only for that.

If you are Fasting 16-18 hours a day and training a an hour and a half/day, it going to be tough to make any gains, of you are cutting down to 143lbs at a height of 5’9 and still have belly fat, that is just confirming that your body isn’t getting enough fuel for your workouts, so it storing fat in the typical areas to feed off of, you are overtraining and under eating.
Try limiting your workouts to 45 min and increasing your calories, also with a bad knee , I would stop squats all together, try leg press, do partial reps or go down as far as you can before it starts to hurt.
Lastly stay the hell away from winstrol , it’s drys everything out, knee, wrists, shoulders, elbows etc.. it is a contest drug and should be used only for that.

I do agree with the over-training & under-eating bit; I'm an addict but I was doing much less while I was cutting but likely more than I needed. I'm now working on a lean bulk with still more time in the gym than necessary. I'm revising my workout now, going with 6 movements per session, Mon, Wed, Fri. (3 main multi-joint and 3 accessories).

My knee doesn't bother me, it's just that my right leg is about 2/3 the size of my left from the times that my right leg has been in a splint of some sort. I first hurt it when I was 15yo and it stayed in a splint without any movement for over 2 months. In which time the entire leg deteriorated tremendously and has never 100% recovered. Through the years I've hurt it 2 more times, most recently in 2015 which resulted in another surgery. Afterward I couldn't move the leg extension without weight. Now I max it out at 99kg. That's not saying a lot but it is major progress from where I was just a short time ago

I will be staying away from the winnie but as soon as SARMS1 re-stocks I will be going with the triple stack

Back
Top Bottom