Join Evolutionary Forums

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
sarms-forsale
needtobuildmuscle

Thread: AUTOPHAGY! How To Make The Most of it!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

AUTOPHAGY! How To Make The Most of it!

I'm no scientific genius. Hardly. But I've spent much of my career observing studies along with personal experience and the psychology of human nature and that has helped me realize quite a few things over the years. And I know first hand the often myopic mentality of the science crowd. Hey, Iíve dealt with some of the top people in the field for over 20 years. Scientists tend to follow research. I do too, but I also tend to question it. If something doesnít follow what I see as ďlogicalĒ then maybe the conclusions are wrong. And that is often the case. Look for logic, and the truth is usually not far behind. And I love it when scientific research validates what Iíve said all along. LOL

Nevertheless, that approach doesnít sit too well with the people who only follow the research. You may be familiar with the type. They want to feel proud of their knowledge and having it questioned is aggravating to them. And Iíll question it. That makes me an antagonist. A troll. A troublemaker. A pain in the ass. Maybe so. But Iím not interested in following the crowd. Iím interested in results.. And new research proves this once again.

Simply put, autophagy is basically the destruction of old, inefficient cells and the replacement of new ones. This happens all through life. The cells you have in your body right now are completely different from the ones you had 10 years ago. The process slows down as we age. Thatís why recovery is slower. Skin sags. Tears and breaks donít heal as well, etc, etc, etc. Aging sucks. So how do we get better ďcell replacementí aka ďautophagy.Ē Well, the main thing is sleep. Thatís when we regenerate. But one can get only so much sleep. And sleep tends to be less deep as we get older. Itís almost like we have a ďbuild-inĒ obsolescence. Life wants to get rid of us and replace us with better functioning young people. Well, fuck that!

In recent years the benefits of fasting have shown to accelerate autophagy. Iíll admit, in my younger years I had no interest in fasting, mainly because my goal was to put on more mass. Iím naturally thin and have a hard time putting on size. I was a natural 150 pounds at 5í 11Ē. And I could eat anything. So it was important to my goals to make sure I got enough food (mostly protein) throughout the day. If I woke up in the middle of the night Iíd take some aminos! It worked. I put on 20 pounds of muscle in just over a year. All natural. But I wanted more, and thatís when I turned to PEDís. That got me to 200 pounds. But today, I feel thatís simply more than is comfortable on my frame. Iím good right around 185 -- which is where I am today on HRT. But I can no longer eat whatever I want. And Iíll do occasional intermittent fasting. But whenever Iím asked how I can look 20 years younger than my chronological age, the short answer is always the same. EXERCISE. And I donít mean cardio --at least not in the traditional sense. My weight workouts these days are pretty much fast paced, pump training that gets my heart rate up. Thereís no point training for size anymore. And as Sig Klein, one of the pioneers of bodybuilding back at the turn of the 20th century said, ďTrain for beauty and strength will follow.Ē That is so true. Iím still strong without having to do ďstrength training.Ē

As we all know, exercise breaks down muscle tissue and with rest and protein, it becomes bigger, stronger and more efficient. (And more beautiful). THAT, is autophagy!

So where does fasting come in? Well, in a weird contradictory way, it does what exercise does. It forces the body to discard worn out cells and make new ones. So it stands to reason that exercise, rest and occasional fasting is the ultimate cocktail for autophagy! But it really is exercise that is most important. If just fasting were the key to being healthy then people in underdeveloped countries who suffer famines would be the most robust people on earth! Nope. Just like too much exercise can cause more destruction of muscle cells that can be efficiently repaired, so can too much fasting.

The take-away here is, most people do not exercise enough. At least they donít do proper exercise. Or they emphasize cardio in a manner that is conducive to training for a specific event. That may give the impression of ďbeing in shapeĒ but you canít keep that up forever, especially after the age of 40 or so. But itíd be impossible to overtrain if you worked out with weights 5 days a week and walked 5 miles a day. To which I will quote one of my favorite interviews of all time -- Jack LaLAnne, who still worked out for an hour 6 days a week into his NINETIES! He said, go on the floor and do pushups until you die! It canít happen! LOL!!!

He also said, ďYou train a championship racehorse by working it, not feeding it well.Ē Yep, the old guy knew what he was talking about.

For anyone interested, below are a couple of links to some of the newer research Iím referencing. The first is a bit long but good stuff overall. He makes the point that exercising on an empty stomach in the morning helps autophagy and thatís something I did not realize. The idea that exercising on an empty stomach will burn more fat since the body is carb depleted is pure nonsense. The body does not work that way so I always rejected that premise. But the fact that it increases autophagy is an interesting point.

He also talks about insulin resistance in regard to autophagy which is why I recommend N2SLIN along with Berberine and vanadium to keep insulin resistance under control. That will increase the effects of both exercise and fasting. And N2GUARD is important to make sure micronutrient needs are fulfilled.

The second talks about how you can tell if youíre fasting too much which is also in accord with what Iíve been talking about.

Bottom line: I believe in occasional 14 hour fasts. An occasional 24 fast would be good too, but Iím not sure how much of a difference itíll make in a healthy well exercised person, but hey, if youíre up for it, go for it. But anything beyond that has dubious benefits and may be more damaging than beneficial. And besides, as far as Iím concerned, food is one of the great pleasures of life.

Bon appetiteí! Just donít make a pig of yourself! : )

And get to the gym. You wonít regret it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6XNdl-jKKA

how much fasting is too much?
    In that profile pic, I'm 64 years old. On only 100 mgs of TRT a week. Designer and Developer of N2GUARD and BRIDGE. www.needtobuildmuscle.com

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Good article Nelson.

I use autophagy as a tool for myself and my clients. It's very effective.

In general, I get a lot of cutting or bulking done within a fasting window. But fasting is not for all bodybuilders, some high-metabolism guys need more food am->pm but in general fasting works well.
    Lev Butlerov - Evolutionary.org Staff Author
    Lev Butlerov holds a Masters Degree in Biology, he is NASM Certified, ISSA Certified, The National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF) certified and is currently working on his American Council on Exercise (ACE) certificate.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro nelson i do authophagy but only with trenbolne

Cyborg Humanoid Brother ROIDDERS's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    fasting works live with it
    i am fasting now

Official Representative (VIP) Vadim Fedorov's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Important, interesting article

Moderator India #1 Tiger Salman Khan's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Good info shared....

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Fasting is life changing!!

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Results are always a combination of many things. Not just diet or just exercise but the combination is what gets you there. Same with autophagy.
    ***Canadians, hit me up on Wickr Mobile (MasonicBB) or PM if you are interested in SYN Pharma products***

Official Representative (VIP) ballin2504's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Iím a fan of fasting personally. Great article Nelson.