Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body Build: Becoming the Ultimate You

Future

INTRO

To bodybuild or to body build? That IS the question! While both are individual pursuits in their own rights, to body build is far more reaching and totalistic. I will touch on focus what it is to body build during this series. I think you will find that when you body build you certain CAN bodybuild.

I am going to focus on what we can all do to become more complete human beings. In no way am I going to talk about hidden potential and that percentage of brain mass that you don't use.

“Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.” Becoming the ultimate you is on your shoulders, like it or not. I had a gruff but pleasant wrestling coach that would look at me and say, “Shawn, there are a thousand excuses but no real reasons you fail.” Oddly, I had forgotten so much of what Mr. Kauffman had said until I began thinking about this article series. A thousand excuses? Then it dawned on me how often I had excuses to play the victim in life. I think I may be up to ten thousand excuses at this point in my life...and still no real reasons. Being my own person is my curse and gift. My success and failure is on me. And the same goes for you! Are you ready to honestly accept that?

A close friend of mine a pastor. He is a super nice guy. No matter what your personal religious beliefs, you have to respect a pastor that questions people to “count the cost” before deciding to become a Christian. He is challenging them right from the start to think their commitment through before just emotionally jumping in...or in some peoples' minds “drinking the Kool Aid.”

So let me close by me asking you to count the cost during this series. Think about what it would take just to accept that challenge of becoming a BODY BUILDER through this series. You already know that its all on you. This entire series really is about all of us learning, reminding ourselves and more in becoming become balanced human beings.

Part 1: Goals: “Failing to plan is planning to fail”

Last time we discussed the responsibility for your personal successes being all on you solely. It can seem a bit overwhelming to think about that whole ball of wax that is your life. Part 1 is all about setting goals for yourself. Goal setting is something that we take for granted but is invaluable to achieve personal fulfillment. No matter what the goal you have in mind these steps will be a great resource and tool to help you succeed.

When setting your goals be SMART. A useful way of making goals more powerful is to use the SMART mnemonic:
S Specific
M Measurable
A Attainable
R Relevant
T Time-bound

Establish concrete criteria for measuring progress toward the attainment of each goal you set. When you measure your progress, you stay on track, reach your target dates, and experience the exhilaration of achievement that spurs you on to continued effort required to reach your goal.

When I was a powerlifter I had a goal of squatting 700 lbs. At the time I was able to do just over 600+. I made my goal simple enough: squat 700 lbs. It was obviously measurable BUT it would still need to be given the thumbs up from qualified lifters in my gym to make certain it was achieved to certain standards.

When you identify goals that are most important to you, you begin to figure out ways you can make them come true. You develop the attitudes, abilities, skills, and financial capacity to reach them. You begin seeing previously overlooked opportunities to bring yourself closer to the achievement of your goals.

So I was specific along with a goal that was measurable but how to attain? That took time to look at my weaknesses in my technique. I read up on maximizing my leverages as well. I made a large training cycle to get my CNS ready to fire on all cylinders.

You can attain most any goal you set when you plan your steps wisely and establish a time frame that allows you to carry out those steps. Goals that may have seemed far away and out of reach eventually move closer and become attainable, not because your goals shrink, but because you grow and expand to match them. When you list your goals you build your self-image. You see yourself as worthy of these goals, and develop the traits and personality that allow you to possess them.

To be realistic, a goal must represent an objective toward which you are both willing and able to work. A goal can be both high and realistic; you are the only one who can decide just how high your goal should be. But be sure that every goal represents substantial progress. A high goal is frequently easier to reach than a low one because a low goal exerts low motivational force. Some of the hardest jobs you ever accomplished actually seem easy simply because they were a labor of love.

Your goal is probably realistic if you truly believe that it can be accomplished. Additional ways to know if your goal is realistic is to determine if you have accomplished anything similar in the past or ask yourself what conditions would have to exist to accomplish this goal.

A goal should be grounded within a time frame. With no time frame tied to it there's no sense of urgency. If you want to lose 10 lbs, when do you want to lose it by? "Someday" won't work. But if you anchor it within a time frame, "by May 1st", then you've set your unconscious mind into motion to begin working on the goal.

So there you have it. Setting goals is something we all need to do. No matter what you attain, the process is really the success as you build yourself once more.

GReat topics!! Goal setting and the way you have it lined up is exactly the way I like to think about goals.
Writing them down and looking at them everyday to remind youself, ok I have to do this, this , and this to attain that. You mind is already thinking. I can deadlift 700lbs. Always with the present tense like you are already doing it. The Mind does become a huge part in goal setting.

Neurolinguistic Programing. :)

I'm also a fan of writing down my goals, because to me its easier to obtain them then when I just think about what in my head.

Back
Top Bottom