Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Body dysmorphia

paulvalentin

Registered
Hi guys,
Has anyone experienced body dysmorphia whilst using aas? Im asking this because im currently running a test cycle and although im gaining size and strength weekly i dont feel as if ive added anything atall..
Before i started aas use i had no real size but i thought i was massive lol.. However, since that ive put on decent size but i constantly feel small and now even more that im on cycle..
Im guessing this is not entirely normal haha..

Hi guys,
Has anyone experienced body dysmorphia whilst using aas? Im asking this because im currently running a test cycle and although im gaining size and strength weekly i dont feel as if ive added anything atall..
Before i started aas use i had no real size but i thought i was massive lol.. However, since that ive put on decent size but i constantly feel small and now even more that im on cycle..

It's all in your mind to be honest

Hi guys,

It's in your mind but it does exist. Seen guys go crazy when they gain mass non stop looking at mirror.

Hi guys,
bro, most of us have this problem whether on or off... its just part of it... you just have to remember that its far different when you are looking at yourself in the mirror every day to see changes as opposed to others who see you once in a while.. the best thing to do is put pictures side by side and then you can easily see the differences

Hi guys,

Just measure yourself then your mind won't be able to trick you, you'll feel small but when you measure and you've gains a cm on your chest you can be like "Fuck you brain!"

Gotta not obsess too much over yourself lol

Estrogen highs and lows can make u perceive urself differently in the mirror...

Estrogen sweet spot is when Ur most confident, and confident looking at urself in the mirror.

if you go down that rabbit hole you will drive yourself crazy.

I can speak from experience that this is so true. I was overweight and spent a year starving and beating the hell out of myself at the gym weight training and doing at ton of cardio. I had finally lost the weight. I realized I still didn't look like I had hoped, having loose skin and feeling small compared to others in the gym. So began my working out with no cardio. Results were "slow". So I started cycling. I looked better, but never good enough. More cycles. Surgery to remove my droopy eyelids. Laser skin tightening on my face. Tummy tuck and small body sculpt planned after meeting with another plastic surgeon. Everyone tells me how great I look, but I won't ever see it. I can't even accept compliments.

You have a comparison problem. Too many youtube bodybuilding videos and I began to feel like a turd.
When you compare, you tend to take your worst and compare it to someone elses best. What you can compare is your work ethic/discipline, that is healthy.

The shit thing is, u can't always look and feel like Ur on 700 tren... Eventually u need those few weeks break... Or worse u run 700 tren a 10 weeks on, 3-4 weeks off for a year of so, and become that person, then for whatever reason can't maintain that for a period... For whatever reason. And who are you now? When u were that bigger person that felt so alpha?!

Yehh it will fukk with u.

You have a comparison problem. Too many youtube bodybuilding videos and I began to feel like a turd.
When you compare, you tend to take your worst and compare it to someone elses best. What you can compare is your work ethic/discipline, that is healthy.

Good call. Just look around next time you go to the grocery store or wherever. You will soon realize you are in better shape than 99% of the general population. Top 1% is good enough for me.

Those of us who've spent any decent time under the bar 'suffer' (if that's the right word - after all we choose to) from some form of dismorphic view.

After all what drives us to get bigger/leaner/or stronger? If it's not only that, and for me there's other aspects too, it may well be a part of what makes you do what you do.

The key is to not have it all the damn time. I'm not sitting here typing replies on Evo with my inner voice going 'damn you're strong...but you could always be stronger'. Ditto walking down the street thinking 'yep bigger than you... and you... and you'. That way, as above, craziness lies.

One issue lies with the Internet. No matter how strong I might be compared to both average Joe's and a lot of gym members there's a TON of guys out there way stronger than me. Ditto if you're lean. They'll be some guy on Insta who is 3%. The truth is if I'm in the 5% I'm looking at guys who are who are in the fraction of the 1%. Use them as motivation not to overly compare yourself too. More when the thought changes from 'that's where I wanna be' vs 'I'm no damn good cos this guy is better'.

stay away from social media. stay away from negative people. if you are around that it will drive you crazy regardless.

Back
Top Bottom