Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bodybuilder 90s vs now?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Bodybuilder 90s vs now?

Bodybuilders in the 90s vs now

This is probably one of the biggest subjects in fitness industry. And most of the people claim that the 90s bodybuilders are much better than today and that bodybuilding are getting worst over time . Is this the truth?
    I dont believe. Like anything in life we have bad and good thinks now like in the 90s. In my opinion the biggest reason why 90s look better is not the amount of anabolics used, the training , the diets but yes the genetics . I believe that 90s generation came with so many incredible perfect bodies , round muscle bellies , small waists , amazing symmetry like Flex Wheeler , Ronnie Coleman, Shawn Ray, Lee Priest , Kevin Levrone, Chris Cormier, Dexter Jackson and many others . Tell me from todays era a name with blessed genetics ( round muscle bellies , amazing symmetry ) other than Phil Heath? Yes you have good structures like Ramy ( small waist , huge legs ) , Cedric ( great shape but needs more muscle some places to look as pretty as 90s athletes . Other than that you have crazy athletes today like Hunter Labrada, Nick Walker, Hady Chopan , Bonac ( crazy quality and size but blocky look , not pretty) and this is the main reason you think 90s are better. Yes that guys born genetic gifted like Phil Heath not because they train better , eat better and use less drugs . Thats why to be a pro you dont need genetics but to be a to pro you need perfect genetics .

The 90s :

Pros:
    *Real pharma grade products direct from pharmacy
    *More focus on training , no social medias , in that time you receive pay check from Supplements brand and Magazines and you only have to do some photo session for them.
    *Without social medias you have more time for naps , rest better and be a bodybuilder 100%.
    *Genetics , most of them never achieve is 90% like Flex Wheeler and even without the best condition he always top 3 any show .
    *They look dryer ( not more shredded than today, shredded glutes rare back then ) because of using a lot diuretics and low testosterone and also dont abuse insulin and hgh .

Cons:
    *They only have free weights and some bad machines. When they are injured is much harder to keep training .
    *They dont have this new drugs like peptides and sarms and even some anabolics that we have today on UGL
    *Pharma grade was very expensive and very limited , so they cant do huge dosages like today , because to much expensive and almost impossible to get huge quantities.
    *To be sponsored back then you need to be a top pro winning some good shows , so it was very hard to be a bodybuilder in that era .
    *Hard to get PRO card, less competitions and only overall get it.
    *You cant promote yourself and be more known , show your potential or gifts like today.
    *They are much smaller than bodybuilders today, back then is rare to see someone over 300 pounds , now is so easy even smaller athletes like 5.7ft . Most of them step on stage around 225 pounds and some of them less , now if you are a open you always go over 240 pounds ( even Dexter )

Bodybuilders now:

Pros:
    *They have much better conditions of training ( amazing machines that works like free weight s without the risk of injury .
    *Much better training methods and techniques to grow bigger without injury risk
    *Much better knowledge about nutrition ( today we eat more lean and we stay away indigested foods )
    *More knowledge and methods for recovery like deep tissue massages, ice machines and many other tricks . back then you dont see soccer player like Cristiano Ronaldo play at top level at 37 years old . Thats why I always say , we are improving with all this new methods and the knowledge we get over time. So now athletes have all to be bigger and better than before .
    *Social Medias take your time to be totally focus on bodybuilding but at same time give you a chance to live from this sport without being a top Olympia Pro. Today you can have sponsors without even competing because the goal today is the more followers you have the more you can sell for that brand , and the only think that matters is sales is money .
    *You have many new drugs that can help you improve even more like peptides and sarms and also some new steroids like superdrol, M1T.
    *The level is much higher today, you have contrys like China, Iran, Kuwait coming with incredible athletes looking like granite rocks . How can you tell the 90s are better if today you have much good athletes . look at the level of this middle east athletes , crazy size and hardness .
    *Todays athletes are much better and healthier on stage because they dont abuse diuretics, yes they look more watery but they are shredded
    *Its easy to get PRO card but much harder to have success on pro level competitions ( because much more good athletes )

Cons:
    *Hard to find real pharma grade steroids .
    *To much UGL labs and a lot of them with very bad quality , but at same time if you find a good one you can get all you need much cheaper than pharma grade .
    *Less time to focus on training because you have to work on social medias, doing videos , pictures and articles every day to keep your sponsors ( you need them to compete at higher level).
    *The market is growing every day, more athletes is coming every year , so is harder to be sponsored ( you need to be special ) , you need to do something nobody does and today this is almost impossible to do.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It always is.

Everyone has a romantic connection to the times when they were most impressionable. Everyone thinks "their" time was best. Old timers long for the old days and young guys dismiss anything that happened before they were aware of it.

Be that as it may -- there are a few things I think aren't entirely accurate about your post.

The fact it was hard to get a pro card is actually a plus. If it's easy, it doesn't mean as much. "If everybody is a somebody then nobody is anybody."

Bodybuilders being smaller is also a plus. What's so great about 300 pound guys dying from heart attacks at age 45?

Today it's much easier to look buffed , but that too is a con IMO. Back then, you were muscular it showed commitment and that was admirable. Today, any shmuck and run Tren, get shredded and 3 months later look like a fat slob all over again. Even major competitors.

Machines were available in the 90's.

Pharma grade was available and people could have taken as muchas they wanted, but tended to keep dsages more reasonable before they became so readily assessable. You had to find a "connection" and in a way, that was kinda cool. It was a rite of passage to be accepted in those circles.
    In that profile pic, I'm 64 years old. On only 100 mgs of TRT a week. Designer and Developer of N2GUARD and BRIDGE. www.needtobuildmuscle.com

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    one of things missing which is huge is in the 90's you didn't have gyms on every corner. in my town as a teen when the first gym was built it was a huge deal. i was 15 and used to ride my bike down there and sneak in cause i couldn't afford a membership. now you got them on every corner and they are cheaper than a car wash for month membership

how are you supposed to bodybuild or even know you have a gift ofr it if you dont' do it? go back further to the 80's and the only decent gyms were in large cities. there wasn't craigslist or the internet to order gym equipment to your home like today.

also 90's there was no interenet. you got your info from other bros and biased magazines. if you wanted to learn how to deadlift correctly good luck, there wasn't thousands of youtube videos to show you
    Last edited by stevesmi; 07-22-2021 at 01:46 AM.
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...ued-79912.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    def more knowledge today, people in all sports and activities are getting more and more talented even if you disagree with it you cannot deny that
    Domestic-Supply.com Team

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro monstro when we getting together for faceoff to see who bigger?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I think bodybuilders of the 90s trained harder and were less lazy, it comes down to training hard and eating hard not spending time on twitter that's my view.

I think drug cocktails are mainly the same, it's the approach that's changed.
    Lev Butlerov - Evolutionary.org Staff Author
    Lev Butlerov holds a Masters Degree in Biology, he is NASM Certified, ISSA Certified, The National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF) certified and is currently working on his American Council on Exercise (ACE) certificate.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    It's also a photography thing. The differences between black backdrops and the cluttered sponsor filled ones. Screenshots from videos vs still photography and so on

Official Representative (VIP) Vadim Fedorov's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Steroids mostly the same, but back then, men worked harder, less destruction on gadgets, politics and stupidity

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    How can people tell the past is better if we improve in all areas , people never satisfied with what they have . But back when i begin no internet , only magazines only one gym here with free weights and no knowledge that i still believe that supplements are the solution to get pro level . i dont even know what steroids are and start using them only with 32 years old when i got internet here .
    Today we have all and much more options on anything .

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MONSTRO View Post
    How can people tell the past is better if we improve in all areas , people never satisfied with what they have . But back when i begin no internet , only magazines only one gym here with free weights and no knowledge that i still believe that supplements are the solution to get pro level . i dont even know what steroids are and start using them only with 32 years old when i got internet here .
    Today we have all and much more options on anything .
    you are right monstro, it isn't better back then, NBA, NHL, NFL, any sports league, any bodybuilding competition, poker, blackjack, chess you name it everyone is honing skills and getting better at all their craft. it is all harder today.

kids in school have a much tougher time earning sports scholarships that is a fact. 30 years ago if you were 5'8'' 175 pounds you got a scholarship for LB, now you won't even make freshman team in high school with those stats lol. more people, more knowledge on training, more everything . anyone who says that is confused bigtime or out of touch with reality. i coach high school sports for 15 years, every 3-4 years the talent improvements another notch up and more records are broken, maybe you get 1 slight dropoff year to year at worst.
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...ued-79912.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast