Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Breaking pin in the glute

grahampotter

Registered
Has anyone broken a pin off in their glute while trying to pin? I'm constantly bending them n wonder how much it can take before snapping off?

Has anyone broken a pin off in their glute while trying to pin? I'm constantly bending them n wonder how much it can take before snapping off?

No and if you are bending the needle I'd say you are doing something wrong. Perhaps you're not flexible enough to be pinning glutes.

If you don't have anyone to stick you, you may want to look at alternative sites. I like delts and I have used quads in the past even though I don't anymore. They are much easier to access.

I know others here have used triceps and pecs as well but I haven't personally so I can't speak to that.

I use a 30 gauge 1/2” in the thigh! Hard to press the plunger and takes a minute but I basically feel nothing.
When I started trt almost 19 years ago the doctor had me using 23 gauge 1”, which wasn’t much fun, I switched myself to 25 gauge 1” a year later, and just this past year, after all these years, found out from a YouTube channel that it could be done with a 30 gauge 1/2”! That has made a world of difference!
I don’t inject more than 1cc at a time either though.

I use a 30 gauge 1/2” in the thigh! Hard to press the plunger and takes a minute but I basically feel nothing.
When I started trt almost 19 years ago the doctor had me using 23 gauge 1”, which wasn’t much fun, I switched myself to 25 gauge 1” a year later, and just this past year, after all these years, found out from a YouTube channel that it could be done with a 30 gauge 1/2”! That has made a world of difference!
I don’t inject more than 1cc at a time either though.
It actually takes quite a bit to break them. I would suggest taking a used one and try it. it usually takes bending it back and forth multiple times to actually break it. I understand using the insulin pins, I just recently switched to 23 g because pinning twice a week I just don't have time to use the insulin pins. Try the half inch 29 g instead of the 30, they are considerably stronger. But as long as you're careful you won't break it.

It takes a large amount of force to snap a 25g needle. Try to actually snap one, and after that you won't worry about it anymore.

Its possible the pin is bending because you aren't flexible to hit the glutes. Lats getting in the way ? Look to rotate sites to quads, delts, triceps etc.

How in the world would that even happen? If you are putting any side force on the needle at all, you as re doing it completely wrong. That goes for any site

Back
Top Bottom