Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulk on Blast, Cut on Cruise? Is This Wrong?

Csjcbson

I’ve generally used all my cycles (5 so far) to put on as much lean size as possible. I’m usually at a moderate surplus (+200-600) to keep fat down, so I don’t get above 15% BF. On my cruises, I utilize a moderate calorie deficit (-200-400) so that I can gradually return to 9-10% BF before starting my next cycle. I’ve always read on here that low BF is preferable before starting a cycle. I agree with this. This has always felt like the correct approach, but recently I came across some info by Chase Irons who says this approach is incorrect. The proper way would be to bulk on cycle, move to a maintenance amount of calories while cruising (keeping the fat you accumulated during your bulk; and I guess theoretically keeping your gains), then do a cutting cycle, rinse and repeat. So have I been losing gains unnecessarily by moving to a slight deficit between cycles? Or am I being crazy? I would add that I’m 36, 6’4”, 220 lbs, 13% BF, and getting ready for my next cycle (for which who’s layout you all helped me create). I’m training to compete in men’s physique later on this year, and am not holding a substantial amount of mass beyond what I feel my genetic potential would allow.

this topic is a good one and there are too many angles to answer it in a thread and i would be doing you a disservice to even attempt to. so i will do one better and save it for an upcoming podcast and dive into this topic. saving this now

Why does the idea that ONE person disagreeing mean the rest of us should immediately change everything we do.

Start with the rest of the statement... cruising. So Chase thinks we should stay on all the time (bad idea) and be (or stay) fat. No.

Why does the idea that ONE person disagreeing mean the rest of us should immediately change everything we do.

Start with the rest of the statement... cruising. So Chase thinks we should stay on all the time (bad idea) and be (or stay) fat. No.

That’s why I’m asking. I give a similar amount of credence to the guys on here as I do Chase, Greg Doucette, etc... I generally never follow one persons advice but try to find a consensus amongst the group. I am in that group that never comes off because I return to TRT as I have to because I have naturally low T. So Chase is of the opinion that cutting while only on TRT and not a supraphysiological amount of hormones will result in unnecessary muscle loss. Only cutting while back on larger doses to retain as much muscle as possible. This has never been my approach nor do I care for it because I don’t like holding unneeded fat, but was wondering if this is something guys here do or have done.

Steve can’t wait for the podcast. I’m very interested to hear your thoughts on this.

That’s why I’m asking. I give a similar amount of credence to the guys on here as I do Chase, Greg Doucette, etc... I generally never follow one persons advice but try to find a consensus amongst the group. I am in that group that never comes off because I return to TRT as I have to because I have naturally low T. So Chase is of the opinion that cutting while only on TRT and not a supraphysiological amount of hormones will result in unnecessary muscle loss. Only cutting while back on larger doses to retain as much muscle as possible. This has never been my approach nor do I care for it because I don’t like holding unneeded fat, but was wondering if this is something guys here do or have done.

A false premise right there. Stop saying on TRT or cruising. Unless you medically require TRT don't do it. 90% that cruise do so for the 'feel good'. How about off cycle or on. Not half off.

A false premise right there. Stop saying on TRT or cruising. Unless you medically require TRT don't do it. 90% that cruise do so for the 'feel good'. How about off cycle or on. Not half off.

I feel you can’t see the forrest for the trees. The question is not whether you believe blasting and cruising is a safe practice. The question is should the time one takes between cycles, whether that be on low dose testosterone or completely off drugs, be on a deficit to lose body fat(and possibly gains) or at maintenance to hold as much lean mass as possible (and deal with the weight in a subsequent cutting cycle)?

everyone has differing opinions, thats part of life and also, people will tend to use their OWN experience as opposed to using the majority numbers and use that one specific experience as gospel and in fairness, thats pretty easy for all of us to do but as a teacher, you simply cannot do that... thats too subjective when teaching others.. you can always acknowledge you may have a different experience than most, but when people teach that and go against the grain, i dont care for that... i disagree a lot with what you were taught by this person or saw him teaching, and thats through years and years of experience with others... having a higher body fat leaves you more susceptible to side effects and makes the cycle itself more difficult in a variety of ways in my view and through what ive witnessed all these years... to each their own, but i completely disagree with his premise on this...

Everybody is going to have their own way. Theres no right or wrong. Its whatever works for you.

Last edited:
everyone has differing opinions, thats part of life and also, people will tend to use their OWN experience as opposed to using the majority numbers and use that one specific experience as gospel and in fairness, thats pretty easy for all of us to do but as a teacher, you simply cannot do that... thats too subjective when teaching others.. you can always acknowledge you may have a different experience than most, but when people teach that and go against the grain, i dont care for that... i disagree a lot with what you were taught by this person or saw him teaching, and thats through years and years of experience with others... having a higher body fat leaves you more susceptible to side effects and makes the cycle itself more difficult in a variety of ways in my view and through what ive witnessed all these years... to each their own, but i completely disagree with his premise on this...

Thanks for that. I appreciate the response. I asked because I am genuinely curious if this approach was the most common. I had never heard that approach before. I always assumed, and apparently correctly, that the time between cycles should be focused on gradually reducing body fat. I guess I just needed some reassurance of how I’ve been doing it.

Thanks for that. I appreciate the response. I asked because I am genuinely curious if this approach was the most common. I had never heard that approach before. I always assumed, and apparently correctly, that the time between cycles should be focused on gradually reducing body fat. I guess I just needed some reassurance of how I’ve been doing it.

Arguably no. Most gym users aren't using PEDs although it can sometimes seem that way

Basically this....

Everyone is different.
What works for one, may not for another.

I don't believe in bulk cut...
Because I'm always lean and that's just how I am.
Its just blasting for me is always tren and getting big and lean.
And then cruising...
There is never a bulk phase where I then think fuk I have to lose fat... Not how Iv always done it. Not with my body, steroids I use, foods I eat.

I've done that and didn't feel like I lost a lot of muscle. Sounds cliche but honestly diet and exercise affected it more. I was my biggest 205 lbs when I worked out with an intensity that was suicidal. Props to the guys that can sustain that for years and years but after a few years I was burnt out. I can work out hard and maintain a lean 180 with about half the effort.

Basically this....

Everyone is different.
What works for one, may not for another.

I don't believe in bulk cut...
Because I'm always lean and that's just how I am.
Its just blasting for me is always tren and getting big and lean.
And then cruising...
There is never a bulk phase where I then think fuk I have to lose fat... Not how Iv always done it. Not with my body, steroids I use, foods I eat.

absolutely and a lot of people tend to forget something as simple as "everyone is different" far too often

Everyone is certainly differw t. Personally I seem to be permanently lean bulking. I can never eat enough to really gain any significant fat. And I tend to lose weight if I'm not actively trying to eat alot. So for me, I cut on cruise.. abeit unintentionally, but while blasting I force feed to get the most gains I can.

Back
Top Bottom