Join Evolutionary Forums


needtobuildmuslce.com
domestic-supply.com
puritysourcelabs.ru
sarms.forsale
bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Bulk on Blast, Cut on Cruise? Is This Wrong?

  1. #1
    Beginner Brother
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    49
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

    Bulk on Blast, Cut on Cruise? Is This Wrong?

    Iíve generally used all my cycles (5 so far) to put on as much lean size as possible. Iím usually at a moderate surplus (+200-600) to keep fat down, so I donít get above 15% BF. On my cruises, I utilize a moderate calorie deficit (-200-400) so that I can gradually return to 9-10% BF before starting my next cycle. Iíve always read on here that low BF is preferable before starting a cycle. I agree with this. This has always felt like the correct approach, but recently I came across some info by Chase Irons who says this approach is incorrect. The proper way would be to bulk on cycle, move to a maintenance amount of calories while cruising (keeping the fat you accumulated during your bulk; and I guess theoretically keeping your gains), then do a cutting cycle, rinse and repeat. So have I been losing gains unnecessarily by moving to a slight deficit between cycles? Or am I being crazy? I would add that Iím 36, 6í4Ē, 220 lbs, 13% BF, and getting ready for my next cycle (for which whoís layout you all helped me create). Iím training to compete in menís physique later on this year, and am not holding a substantial amount of mass beyond what I feel my genetic potential would allow.

  2. #2
    Moderator stevesmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    52,173
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    this topic is a good one and there are too many angles to answer it in a thread and i would be doing you a disservice to even attempt to. so i will do one better and save it for an upcoming podcast and dive into this topic. saving this now
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

  3. #3
    Beginner Brother
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    49
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Which podcast?

  4. #4
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    26,737
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Why does the idea that ONE person disagreeing mean the rest of us should immediately change everything we do.

    Start with the rest of the statement... cruising. So Chase thinks we should stay on all the time (bad idea) and be (or stay) fat. No.

    PSL Ambassador - Tried, Tested, Trusted.

  5. #5
    Beginner Brother
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    49
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    Why does the idea that ONE person disagreeing mean the rest of us should immediately change everything we do.

    Start with the rest of the statement... cruising. So Chase thinks we should stay on all the time (bad idea) and be (or stay) fat. No.
    Thatís why Iím asking. I give a similar amount of credence to the guys on here as I do Chase, Greg Doucette, etc... I generally never follow one persons advice but try to find a consensus amongst the group. I am in that group that never comes off because I return to TRT as I have to because I have naturally low T. So Chase is of the opinion that cutting while only on TRT and not a supraphysiological amount of hormones will result in unnecessary muscle loss. Only cutting while back on larger doses to retain as much muscle as possible. This has never been my approach nor do I care for it because I donít like holding unneeded fat, but was wondering if this is something guys here do or have done.

  6. #6
    EVO V.I.P. BodyMonster34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,723
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro it gonna be easier to drop body fat if you were there before.

  7. #7
    Official Representative (VIP) ballin2504's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    691
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Steve canít wait for the podcast. Iím very interested to hear your thoughts on this.

  8. #8
    Moderator Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    26,737
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Csjcbson View Post
    Thatís why Iím asking. I give a similar amount of credence to the guys on here as I do Chase, Greg Doucette, etc... I generally never follow one persons advice but try to find a consensus amongst the group. I am in that group that never comes off because I return to TRT as I have to because I have naturally low T. So Chase is of the opinion that cutting while only on TRT and not a supraphysiological amount of hormones will result in unnecessary muscle loss. Only cutting while back on larger doses to retain as much muscle as possible. This has never been my approach nor do I care for it because I donít like holding unneeded fat, but was wondering if this is something guys here do or have done.
    A false premise right there. Stop saying on TRT or cruising. Unless you medically require TRT don't do it. 90% that cruise do so for the 'feel good'. How about off cycle or on. Not half off.

    PSL Ambassador - Tried, Tested, Trusted.

  9. #9
    Beginner Brother
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    49
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    A false premise right there. Stop saying on TRT or cruising. Unless you medically require TRT don't do it. 90% that cruise do so for the 'feel good'. How about off cycle or on. Not half off.
    I feel you canít see the forrest for the trees. The question is not whether you believe blasting and cruising is a safe practice. The question is should the time one takes between cycles, whether that be on low dose testosterone or completely off drugs, be on a deficit to lose body fat(and possibly gains) or at maintenance to hold as much lean mass as possible (and deal with the weight in a subsequent cutting cycle)?

  10. #10
    Moderator dylangemelli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    20,183
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    everyone has differing opinions, thats part of life and also, people will tend to use their OWN experience as opposed to using the majority numbers and use that one specific experience as gospel and in fairness, thats pretty easy for all of us to do but as a teacher, you simply cannot do that... thats too subjective when teaching others.. you can always acknowledge you may have a different experience than most, but when people teach that and go against the grain, i dont care for that... i disagree a lot with what you were taught by this person or saw him teaching, and thats through years and years of experience with others... having a higher body fat leaves you more susceptible to side effects and makes the cycle itself more difficult in a variety of ways in my view and through what ive witnessed all these years... to each their own, but i completely disagree with his premise on this...





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •