Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bulking on test+EQ: too fast gains

kimmy6

hi guys,

First, merry Xmas to you and your families :)

I am on 250mg of test and 600mg of EQ per week. I am starting my 4th week on this cycle. I also take 30mg tbol and 25mg proviron per day, aromasin 12,5mg EO2D.
I am today at 183 lbs - I'm 6'1.

So my issue: I wanted to bulk, but my gains are way too quick and exceeding my goal. I was bulking before I started the cycle for 2 months at 2800 cals per day. Now I'm still at 2800-2900 cals per day but I believe I need to stop the bulk as I've actually exceeded my desired weight goal by 2 lbs already and it's only 4 weeks into the cycle.
I don't understand why I keep on piling weight so fast now that I'm on cycle whereas I had slow, sterady gains before. It's as if my metabolism had suddenly slowed down! or can it be water retention??
I still train hard 5 days a week at the gym (weight training) plus one day of pure cardio. I am concerned I will keep on seeing my weight increase and I really don't want that.

So beyond my question as to WHY this may be happening, is it possible for me now that I've reached my desired weight to go more for body recomp for the rest of my cycle?
if so, do I need to go in small calorie deficit to achieve this?
or do I continue to bulk and go for a cutting phase later?

Thanks for your help guys. I am uncomfortable with the current pace of my weight gains...

Enjoy the Holidays...

I would keep going. 8-10lbs will be glycogen storage and intra and extracellular water retention, known as the steroid pump, that will go away after you stop. The true muscle gains will come over the course of the use period, typically 8-12 weeks.

I would keep going. 8-10lbs will be glycogen storage and intra and extracellular water retention, known as the steroid pump, that will go away after you stop. The true muscle gains will come over the course of the use period, typically 8-12 weeks.

thank you! I didn't think glycogen storage could increase overall body weight or if so, only very marginally?...

thank you! I didn't think glycogen storage could increase overall body weight or if so, only very marginally?...

I didn't say all glycogen. I wrote "glycogen storage and intra and extracellular water retention, known as the steroid pump". You'll see when you go off. In a very short time your body will suddenly readjust and drop 6-10 lbs.

Do you have a before and after picture you can post? If I am speculating, I would say a lot of your weight is likely water as very rapid increases in body weight are likely not lean muscle tissue hypertrophy. Since you are 4 weeks in, if it were me, I would drop the tbol as I don't like to run orals...and if I have to, I run them no longer than 4 weeks. Tbol can be a water retention monster for some.

Have you done any blood work? Now would be the time to check estrogen levels.

Do you have a before and after picture you can post? If I am speculating, I would say a lot of your weight is likely water as very rapid increases in body weight are likely not lean muscle tissue hypertrophy. Since you are 4 weeks in, if it were me, I would drop the tbol as I don't like to run orals...and if I have to, I run them no longer than 4 weeks. Tbol can be a water retention monster for some.

i will try to post a pic. I plan to use tbol for 6 weeks total.
since I'm on 250mg per week of test, my estrogen should be in check at this point, no? why this question about estrogen level in this context? I had planned to do bloodwork at week 6 only...
thank you!

i will try to post a pic. I plan to use tbol for 6 weeks total.
since I'm on 250mg per week of test, my estrogen should be in check at this point, no? why this question about estrogen level in this context? I had planned to do bloodwork at week 6 only...
thank you!

When I was on TRT of 150mg/week I still had to take .5mg Arimidex twice a week to keep estrogen in range. Everyone is different in this respect so the only way to know is to test your blood. High E levels will cause water retention...that's where I was going with my comment.

When I was on TRT of 150mg/week I still had to take .5mg Arimidex twice a week to keep estrogen in range. Everyone is different in this respect so the only way to know is to test your blood. High E levels will cause water retention...that's where I was going with my comment.

all clear, thanks. I'm at 12,5mg aromasin EO2D but will check

Just curious bro....I have seen posts where you mention PCT. Was there a period that you were on TRT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump this....my guess is H20 weight

I didn't say all glycogen. I wrote "glycogen storage and intra and extracellular water retention, known as the steroid pump". You'll see when you go off. In a very short time your body will suddenly readjust and drop 6-10 lbs.

this is very true and this happens especially on androgenic steroids like tren, test, anadrol, dbol, etc.

people have to remember most of the muscle is made up of water

This is from a previous posts of yours: I have elevated prolactin which is treated by caber prescribed by my endocrinologist so was wondering what impact there may be here

It might be why you're having issues.

Thanks guys.

@Mobster - my prolactin is in check now thanks to the caber. I waited for this to start my cycle.

Back
Top Bottom