Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bulking: what caloric surplus do YOU use while on cycle?

kimmy6

hi,

Next cycle is EQ600/test250 per week. Plan to bulk as lean as possible, goal is to retain 5-7 LBS of lean mass post cycle.
I eat whole foods only, I hardly ever drink (and never on cycle) alcohol, and i've cut out refined sugar completely.

After reading several articles on the topic, I decided to go for a 10% caloric surplus over maintenance, which in my case turns out to be 250-300 cals per day over maintenance.
I also intend to "listen" to my body and if i'm really not hungry i will refrain from eating certain days until i feel the hunger, but in general (ie most days), i intend to use the above guideline.

What do YOU guys use as a guideline when you bulk while on cycle?
very interested in your own experiences...

thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

PS:
split of 10% surplus looks ROUGHLY like this
48% carbs
29% proteins
23% fat

hi,

Next cycle is EQ600/test250 per week. Plan to bulk as lean as possible, goal is to retain 5-7 LBS of lean mass post cycle.
I eat whole foods only, I hardly ever drink (and never on cycle) alcohol, and i've cut out refined sugar completely.

After reading several articles on the topic, I decided to go for a 10% caloric surplus over maintenance, which in my case turns out to be 250-300 cals per day over maintenance.
I also intend to "listen" to my body and if i'm really not hungry i will refrain from eating certain days until i feel the hunger, but in general (ie most days), i intend to use the above guideline.

What do YOU guys use as a guideline when you bulk while on cycle?
very interested in your own experiences...

thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

PS:
split of 10% surplus looks ROUGHLY like this
48% carbs
29% proteins
23% fat
I mean bro is kind of hard to tell you if that looks good or not depending on a few things. If you want to fill them and Below to help you out to the best of my ability.

Height

Weight

Body far

BMR ( this is technically probably the most important stat. Before anyone can give you a diet and tell you how much your Macros should be or how many calories you should be eating a day.) You don't know what it is and you didn't idea go on the internet and type in BMR calculator it's better than nothing.)

Can you see any abs

How many days a week and how many hours a day are you working?

How many days a week will you be training and how long is it typical workout?

here is what i do since you want to know:

I cycle my macros, foods, micro-nutrients, and calories on a day to day basis

i follow a natural diet.

i don't like these calorie counter apps and all this. they do more harm than good. the main problem is a calorie isn't a calorie. certain foods illicit a different response. also eating a lot of food to gain more weight is logical, but remember those gains aren't clean gains. i have always mantained a long term proper workout program will grow muscle tissue. it isn't about fast gains. if you gain 1-2 pounds of muscle tissue per year that adds up over years.

the other problem is when you eat in a surplus 'over maintenance' (i have issues with this but i will use this as an example) you also raise your metabolic rate. so your body will simply adjust to that.

we tend to follow these bodybuilder diets where they bulk in the offseason and cut inseason, but the reality is 99.9% of those reading this shouldn't even worry about that because we want to look good year round.

i dont bulk so i cant help you there... i cant eat like that in really high amounts, i feel like complete shit doing that and have no interest whatsoever in it but i can tell you with people i coach its just all over the place in terms of what we do because everyone is extremely different on what they need or dont need to get the results they are after

This is one of those things that is different for everyone. I suggest starting on the lower side. You can always go up later. 300 above your maintenance sounds good assuming you know your maintenance.

This is one of those things that is different for everyone. I suggest starting on the lower side. You can always go up later. 300 above your maintenance sounds good assuming you know your maintenance.

Agreed, just slightly over maintanance is enough to build muscle, not fat.

Back
Top Bottom