Join Evolutionary Forums

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
sarms-forsale
needtobuildmuscle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can i make a living in bodybuilding?

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Can i make a living in bodybuilding?

Okay so I am 21 years old and in college but my real dream is wanting to make my living in bodybuilding whether it be competing, coaching, owning a gym etc. what are the economics to all this and is it possible? pro's and cons?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    every other 21 year old wants to make their living in bodybuilding too but with all the competition and a saturated market it just isn't likely. right now if you own a gym, personal train, own a supplement company you are in deep shit and there is going to be a huge amount of lost $$$ and job loss. the entire fitness world was in a bubble and it took this to blow it up and people are learning a valuable lesson.
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by naduvnoi View Post
    Okay so I am 21 years old and in college but my real dream is wanting to make my living in bodybuilding whether it be competing, coaching, owning a gym etc. what are the economics to all this and is it possible? pro's and cons?
    The guys that make good money are few and far between. Most guys never make it economically as a sole career path. Not trying to crush your dreams but itís a cut throat industry where money is tough to come by till you are a household name. Gyms are doable but you need to do something different as competing with the planet fitness, golds, etc is impossible due to their cheap fees and hundreds of locations are the country.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    You would be far better off learning how to properly run a business and look that route as opposed to hoping to make a living on bodybuilding

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I wouldn't say you can't...this is a common open ended question. Everyone will have their own perspective but most will align and lean towards the idea that is highly unlikely.

It is expensive...there is a lot of risk and not much reward even for those that actually "make it"...the fitness market is highly saturated so there is a lot of competition for business even when you have a niche...when you actually start gaining momentum you'll find that you have to spend more time being marketable than actually training and eating...unfortunately the business of bodybuilding takes away from the joy of being a bodybuilder. This is only a few of my thoughts from personal experience and being close to some top rated bodybuilders. However, many still make the effort. If you have the work ethic, resilience and drive or the money as well as willing to take many risks, go for it.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Without knowing your abilities and qualifications who knows. I've been paid to do expo work.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    i once dated a very talented artist. she lived and breathed art but i tried to explain to her that you likely would not make a living as an artist and she would get mad. my point was not to dash someones dream. my goal was for her to get a real full time job and then she could still do art on the side and try and succeed at that. putting all your eggs in 1 basket in anything isn't smart. that is why every 21 year old should be focused on their education and/or learning a valuable skill that they can have for life. now you are flexible where you can pursue your hobbies and dreams and have something to fall back on.

this pandemic has proven me right. i saw on CNN a couple crying because the woman was pregnant and they owned 3 bars in NYC which were shut down. perfect example of putting all your eggs in 1 basket and not preparing for a rainy day. besides that bar/restaurant business is very cyclical. you can make a lot of money and you can completely dry up overnight.
    Last edited by stevesmi; 04-12-2020 at 10:13 AM.
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    i once dated a very talented artist. she lived and breathed art but i tried to explain to her that you likely would not make a living as an artist and she would get mad. my point was not to dash someones dream. my goal was for her to get a real full time job and then she could still do art on the side and try and succeed at that. putting all your eggs in 1 basket in anything isn't smart. that is why every 21 year old should be focused on their education and/or learning a valuable skill that they can have for life. now you are flexible where you can pursue your hobbies and dreams and have something to fall back on.

this pandemic has proven me right. i saw on CNN a couple crying because the woman was pregnant and they owned 3 bars in NYC which were shut down. perfect example of putting all your eggs in 1 basket and not preparing for a rainy day. besides that bar/restaurant business is very cyclical. you can make a lot of money and you can completely dry up overnight.
    Yup I have a few buddies that are big time contractors and cant tell you how many times they have had to go bankrupt but then open a new LLC to do it all over.

Its like some years they are making up to $1M but they save none of it and when the market tanks they just declare bankruptcy and move on. Crazy how people dont think longer term.

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Another factor is your genetics. You cant control them but yet if you are not in the top .001% you will have no chance.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    While it's technically possible, the odds are stacked against you. As was also said things you can't control, like genetics, factor heavily too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast