bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing up my training for cutting

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Changing up my training for cutting

I am well aware that cutting and bulking is more about what you do in the kitchen than what you do in the gym. Just looking for some advice and feedback on what works for others.

I started my cut on the SARMs triple stack about 3 weeks ago. Prior to my cut I was running a PPL program 5-6 days a week so that's what I stayed with. Judging by the mirror and clothes test I'd say I've dropped about 2% the past 3 weeks but I am totally exhausted and feeling burned out already.

It is likely a combination of the volume, limited rest days and 700+ calorie deficit. The good thing is although I've lost a little muscular stamina I haven't lost any noticeable strength, in large part due to the SARMs I'm sure. But I don't think I can keep this up.

I'm thinking of switching to a 4 day upper lower split with 1 cardio only day and 2 full days off. My typical routine would be 1 upper and 1 lower strength day consisting of mostly 5x5s and heavy triples followed by some assistance work. Then my next 2 workout days would be an upper and lower hypertrophy day sticking mostly in the 8-12 rep range with shorter rest periods.

I think my body would benefit from the additional rest and I think not having 2 days of push only exercise will give me more balance and ease the strain on my joints. After a hard workout of only push movements my shoulders are pretty beat up.

What do you think of this 4 day split and what are some of your favorite cutting routines?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Id hit the slow twitch muscle fibers with the 20-25 rep range in a single set or in super or triple drops

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    One of the debates I see pros have is to do what got them the muscle being what keeps the muscle when they prep.

PSL Ambassador - Tried, Tested, Trusted.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    don't crash your calories man, it will work in the short run but hurt you long term. i've posted actual studies showing this.

pros will play that game cause they want to look good in the short run and then bulk up in the offseason. its a roller coaster. you are a normal joe, stick to the right diet year round

fasting is the answer. with fasting you down hurt your metabolism, in fact you improve it over time. if you implement fasting into your lifestyle it will make a huge difference
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Different things work for different people. You have to experiment and find out what works for you. Diet and cardio for me is what works.
    Message me on Wickr private messenger for consultations and PED sources.

SARMS4SALE https://sarms.forsale

Purity Source Labs https://puritysourcelabs.ru

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Im very old school so for me what builds muscle is the best to keep that muscle during diet . Do what works better for you , for me is heavy and reps from 5 to 10 . The striations and deep cuts did not came from higher reps but from hgh use

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I'm a firm believer that training always stays the same and diet is what changes.

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I just switch up my training every 6 weeks or so. I always switch it if I change anything drastic like a new diet or a new cycle.
    ***Canadians, hit me up on Wickr Mobile (MasonicBB) for my steroid source***

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Masonic Bodybuilder View Post
    I just switch up my training every 6 weeks or so. I always switch it if I change anything drastic like a new diet or a new cycle.
    Yea I'm the same way. The reason I decided to switch up this time is because I am on a pretty drastic cut and my body wasn't able to handle the same volume and intensity on a deficit that it was on a surplus or even maintenance

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    don't crash your calories man, it will work in the short run but hurt you long term. i've posted actual studies showing this.

pros will play that game cause they want to look good in the short run and then bulk up in the offseason. its a roller coaster. you are a normal joe, stick to the right diet year round

fasting is the answer. with fasting you down hurt your metabolism, in fact you improve it over time. if you implement fasting into your lifestyle it will make a huge difference
    I do implement fasting though not the extent that I used to.

My current feeding window is about 12-8pm and I am struggling to shrink it. I work out first thing in the morning so by 12 or 1pm I am getting pretty hungry. Because of kids sports and other family activities we often don't eat dinner until after 7. I think sitting for meals as a family is important so I dont want to start my fast before dinner.

I am seeing pretty good results and feeling good on the 16 hour fast but would like to get back to 18 or 20. I also used to fast for 24-36 hours once every week or two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast