Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contest Cycle Advice

Beginner Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Contest Cycle Advice

First post... I know, really cutting to the chase here. Title of thread says it all: first contest, looking to do a LIGHT cycle as part of the prep. Rules: 1) light means light... I have no interest in doing a gram plus of gear, 2) no interest in heavy-duty compounds, and 3) no interest in orals outside of maybe Anavar.

I have been living the natural bodybuilding lifestyle for 2.5 years--this doesn't mean I am natural per-se, but that I have a natural coach helping me with diet primarily, posing, programing, etc. (I started with him prior to TRT--which I went on 1.5 years back due to natural causes non-steroid related, and I like him a lot and we work well together so sticking with him for now as I believe the most important part of any bodybuilding journey is diet and programing). Coach is aware of TRT and we have a "don't ask don't tell" policy for anything else. I have done various combos of compounds: NPP and Primo, and test E/C. I have never in TOTAL gone beyond 300mg / week of gear... ever. I know the common consensus, but this works great for me and I respond very, very well to it.

Contest is in October, so just getting my head around things at this point.

Stats (roughly speaking): 5'8" 181-183, about 7% - 8% BF according to Navy BF calculation. Attached two pics for reference.

Advise I am seeking: a LIGHT cycle recommendation using as little gear as possible to provide a muscle-retention boost & dryness / definition boost... I will not complain about any added clean muscle, but not the goal. Again, diet and training are the fundamental I want primarily dialed right now... I plan on doing more comps in the future, so plenty of time to fine-tune and grow into larger cycles. Less is more, in my mind.

So have at it... what would you recommend? Simple, light, and effective is the mantra.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front Double Bi.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	12935   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear Double Bi.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	12936  

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    You look great dude. Good lines, nice frame. SOlid. As you know though, so many of these shows go to the biggest most muscular guy and that's usually somebody who is willing to take as much gear as is necessary. I personally think you're smart in keeping the dosages sane and just doing the show for fun.

Having said that, there's no magical cycle. Just keep doing what you're doing. I'd say the only "addition" would be to use some Masteron a few weeks out. That really hardens you up and brings out the vascularity and makes everything POP. Be careful if you have blood pressure issues though. Other than that, when getting close to contest time, I believe in training high reps, pumping the muscles up (you're nt going to grow in the last few weeks so just get everything as full as possible) and wearing a sweatbelt. Maybe use some yohimeflame or even some vasaline under the sweatbelt to bring on the perspiration lean out the midsection. And the day before the show so a steam/sauna and dry out. Maybe an herbal diuretic or some diurex -- nothing too crazy. And that's it! It's purely cosmetic but that's what shows are all about. Good luck!
    In that profile pic, I'm 64 years old. On only 100 mgs of TRT a week. Designer and Developer of N2GUARD and BRIDGE. www.needtobuildmuscle.com

Beginner Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Appreciate the compliment. Thank you.

I am not opposed to something slightly larger in overall dosage, but wouldn't be interested in anything over perhaps 600-700. Minimal sides a must. I could have been more clear, my apologies.

Perhaps 400 test E / 200 primo or mast to 4 weeks out or so, then test E 200 / 400 primo or mast; switch to test prop 10 days out or so and call it a day...

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    ^^^ you can do that for sure but up the primo and drop the test a few weeks out of contest for sure
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomAntNH View Post

I am not opposed to something slightly larger in overall dosage, but wouldn't be interested in anything over perhaps 600-700. Minimal sides a must. I could have been more clear, my apologies.

Perhaps 400 test E / 200 primo or mast to 4 weeks out or so, then test E 200 / 400 primo or mast; switch to test prop 10 days out or so and call it a day...
    Tjats a good plan. Go with masteron over primo for the weeks leading into the show. It is superior for hardness and vascularity. Adding in some S4 from sarms.forsale would be a good idea as well

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    First post... I know, really cutting to the chase here. Title of thread says it all: first contest, looking to do a LIGHT cycle as part of the prep. Rules: 1) light means light... I have no interest in doing a gram plus of gear, 2) no interest in heavy-duty compounds, and 3) no interest in orals outside of maybe Anavar.

I have been living the natural bodybuilding lifestyle for 2.5 years--this doesn't mean I am natural per-se, but that I have a natural coach helping me with diet primarily, posing, programing, etc. (I started with him prior to TRT--which I went on 1.5 years back due to natural causes non-steroid related, and I like him a lot and we work well together so sticking with him for now as I believe the most important part of any bodybuilding journey is diet and programing). Coach is aware of TRT and we have a "don't ask don't tell" policy for anything else. I have done various combos of compounds: NPP and Primo, and test E/C. I have never in TOTAL gone beyond 300mg / week of gear... ever. I know the common consensus, but this works great for me and I respond very, very well to it.

Stats (roughly speaking): 5'8" 181-183, about 7% - 8% BF according to Navy BF calculation. Attached two pics for reference.

Advise I am seeking: a LIGHT cycle recommendation using as little gear as possible to provide a muscle-retention boost & dryness / definition boost... I will not complain about any added clean muscle, but not the goal. Again, diet and training are the fundamental I want primarily dialed right now... I plan on doing more comps in the future, so plenty of time to fine-tune and grow into larger cycles. Less is more, in my mind.

So have at it... what would you recommend? Simple, light, and effective is the mantra.
    Just want to say you have a great solid base, you're looking really good already.

Considering you have TRT going, I'm going to lay out a cycle that considers you have TRT in play.

Week 1-12
    Testosterone enanthate 250mgs/week (+trt)
    Primobolan 400mgs/week
    Masteron 200mgs/week
    Anavar 50mgs/day (8weeks)
    n2guard 7 caps/day (liver organ kidney support)
    AI aromasin 12.5mgs EOD or E3-4 days as you feel the estrogen sides (might not be any due to masteron primo)
    preworkout: 4 caps cardazol, you'll see more energy and pumps

PCT - not needed you're on TRT

Official Representative (VIP) Vadim Fedorov's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Like your looks, keep it up

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Welcome to evolutionary! you look good, very nice muscle base.

For contest, I would stick to primobolan masteron and anavar/winstrol stacked, 2 injectables 2 orals.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

No need. It's not about a few more milligrams

Beginner Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    No need. It's not about a few more milligrams
    For clarity: you're suggesting doing nothing more than previous?

Appreciate all the compliments. I should mention I am 36, if that bears any consideration for anything at all. Turning 37 in October. I will leave the overall's to the young dudes, I am looking to do well at the Masters level in NPC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast