Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Contest Peak Cycle this year

Everyone, Thanks for the kind comments.

My back is much better than my front. Wide obliques and little belly fat. Just grinding to improve.

I'll start doing a log here as I get time. I weighed about 210 during my off season.

I actually work out every day. Mon-Fri, I am up at 4AM and warming up at the gym by 5AM. Typically fall asleep around 9pm, so probably sleep for 6-7 hours.
On Sat/Sun, I sleep till my body wakes up. I usually get 9-10 hours. Still fall asleep around 9pm, just get up around 7AM.

My body parts are as follows

Sunday Either Chest or Shoulders (Alternating)
Monday Back/Lats
Tuesday Light Legs
Wednesday Chest and shoulders
Thursday Traps/Hams
Friday Arms
Saturday Heavy Legs

I do at least 10 min stair stepper everyday. I also try to get 10K step count every day at a minimum.

I go heavy off season for example 315 incline/455 dead/455 squat. Try to do weights where I can do 3-5 reps. Try not to go for 1 rep maxes. I am 53 and just have had injuries with that approach in the past.

Once I get into contest peak, I drop the weight to 60-80%, especially if it is a risk movement, so 225 incline, 365 dead, 365 squat. More volume, slower movement, more range of motion, rest and pause, more muscle mind connection.

Next post, I'll put in my contest diet.

My back is much better than my front. Wide obliques and little belly fat. Just grinding to improve.

I'll start doing a log here as I get time. I weighed about 210 during my off season.

I actually work out every day. Mon-Fri, I am up at 4AM and warming up at the gym by 5AM. Typically fall asleep around 9pm, so probably sleep for 6-7 hours.
On Sat/Sun, I sleep till my body wakes up. I usually get 9-10 hours. Still fall asleep around 9pm, just get up around 7AM.

Monday Back/Lats
Tuesday Light Legs
Thursday Traps/Hams
Friday Arms
Saturday Heavy Legs

I do at least 10 min stair stepper everyday. I also try to get 10K step count every day at a minimum.

I go heavy off season for example 315 incline/455 dead/455 squat. Try to do weights where I can do 3-5 reps. Try not to go for 1 rep maxes. I am 53 and just have had injuries with that approach in the past.

Once I get into contest peak, I drop the weight to 60-80%, especially if it is a risk movement, so 225 incline, 365 dead, 365 squat. More volume, slower movement, more range of motion, rest and pause, more muscle mind connection.

That's a good training routine.

You rotating this?

Monday Back/Lats
Tuesday Light Legs
Thursday Traps/Hams
Friday Arms
Saturday Heavy Legs

That's how it gets done

So, this is my diet this year. I have been competing since 2011 and have tried many approaches (keto/low carb/low fat). Sometimes it was miserable other times workable. This is where I ended up. For my food, I need it to be healthy and delicious. I should enjoy the food and I do. To me, it should not feel like boring prep food. It should be so good you want to eat it parts of it on or off season. You should crave it in a kind of way..

I am naturally endomorphic. I have always had a slower metabolism. As a kid I was chubby with a sugar/junk food addiction. I was never a skinny kid. I can easily go for long periods without eating much. Also, weight just comes off very slowly on my body. I found that Intermittent Fasting really seemed to work best for me. Last year, it was stricter, this year its more just the idea that the majority of calories are consumed in the eating window. So, this year during the fasting period I might eat a beef stick and drink powerade zero, generally just trying to avoid calories during this time

So, this is how it breaks out for me given my schedule, Again I workout early in the AM.

I usually have the following as my first meal of the day
Protein Coffee in shaker
1) Coffee Protien
2) Liquid Egg White
3) Teaspoon Psyllium Husk Powder
4) Teaspoon Cacao/Maca
5) PB Powder (Peanut butter powder/Fat free)

On Friday, since it is light with just an Arm day, I'll just have Super Coffee drink

During my workout, I'll have a water bottle with
1) 1 scoop Scivation
2) 1 scoop ON Optimum Nutrition
I'll just dilute with more water at the gym while working out.

After I return from my workout, its time for another protein shaker
1) Whey isolate
2) Liquid Egg White
3) Teaspoon Psyllium Husk Powder
4) Teaspoon Cacao/Maca
5) PB Powder

So, from this point (9am) to 6pm. I'm generally fasting.
I will drink zero calorie beverages. Powerade Zero, Zevia Soda, water.
I work from home, so I'll go for a walk here and there since I have desk/computer job.
With this contest peaking, I'm trying to get 20K steps, so its a bit more at this point.

Around 6, I'll shower and get ready to make dinner and start my feeding window.

On Sunday, will usually cook steak/chicken/ground beef,bison,turkey,chicken. So, I'll just be using these meats for my evening meal.

So my dinner would be something like
Greens (Choose one)
1) A few raw broccoli florets
2) A raw Celery stick

Entree (Choose one)
1) 2 whole egg omelet with red and green bell pepper, white and purple onion, and black olives
2) steak/chicken/ground beef,bison,turkey,chicken sautéed with bell peppers and onions.

Side (choose one or skip)
1) 2 scrambled eggs
2) Turkey sausage

Side (choose one or skip)
1) Plain ripe avocado
2) Sweet Potato with cinnamon (Microwave)

Drink water or Powerade Zero..

Post Dinner Snack / Unwinding watching some television
1) Half Cup of plain Fiber One cereal
2) Protein Shake
a) Whey isolate
b) Liquid Egg White
c) Teaspoon Psyllium Husk Powder
d) PB Powder

That's pretty much it. If I get a little hungrier I might have a spoonful of chopped peanuts (roasted/not salted).

I am able to resist junk foods/pizzas/donuts, etc. We have cookies and chips, etc. in the pantry. I won't touch it. No problem there.

My issue tends to be, if it is an allowed food, i.e. peanut butter, protein bar, or something that is ok but in limited quantities. I try to avoid having it in the house altogether. I can easily 3-6 protein bars, or 4-6 tablespoons of natural peanut butter. So, I just avoid keeping it at the house. Or if I purchase, it would be just a single serving as treat.

Last night's dinner:
20220616_190311 (1).jpg

Today's my heavy leg day. If its a a machine I start at the top and move 2 or 3 spots at a time till I get to the bottom or last pin.
I'm generally looking for sets of 12.

1) Warm up with adductor & abductor (machine sets)
2) Banded Ball Squats (8-12 reps generally)
Basically banded so the weight is being pulled down, lighter at the bottom heavier at the top. Sitting onto an exercise ball. The ball pushes you up at the bottom.
135 (12x/No belt/Normal stance)
225 (12x/No belt/Normal stance)
315 (12x/No belt/Normal stance)
315 (12x/Belt/Normal stance)
6 sets of 8-12 rep 365
Last two have a stance change
Wide Stance and a narrow stance
Remove ball and free form squat in reverse now (pyramid without assistance from the ball)
Alternate wide and narrow stance

RDL
10x135
10x225
10x315
10x365

Regular Deadlift/Sumo Deadlift/Barbell row in reverse

Smith Machine, (ATG Squats/Sit in the hole using a plate to raise heels) Wide/Narrow variations
Start at the bar the following weight on each side

Plate loaded leg press (10-12 reps)
2 plates
4 plates
6 plates
8 plates

Now reverse down one plate at a time
On the odd plates, do calf extensions
On the last plate, do single leg extensions

then pretty much finish on the leg machines. Same idea move 2 or 3 pins at a time, 10-12 reps.

Today was my shoulders/delt isolation day.

Free weights, I go lighter and more volume. I have shoulder pressed 100lb dumbbells before. I just feel like to much risk for injury getting it up there and going.
I tend to concentrate on pin machines and plate loaded machines like Smith, etc. We have a plate loaded cybex and I will do 4 plates on each side at my heaviest.

I am also doing core work. Trying to tighten my midsection and abs everyday.

Tonight's dinner : Steak and avocado.

20220619_185613.jpg

Back
Top Bottom