Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Contest Peak Cycle this year

Thursday Update - Traps and Tris

Woke up 199
Post Workout 196

Not much different from last Thursday's workout. Everything felt pretty good.

I did receive a new toy. Hello gains! Time for the ultimate pumpitude. A gym pin.

I pinned the last drop, had two add-on fillers, also this machine has two weight drops.
Stuck the pin, added one plate. Did 10 reps awesome. Added another plate, got a little scared.
The pin starts dropping. Did not feel stable for 90 lbs. Added a clip, the problem is the pin just gets weighted and
angles down. Feels like the plates could fall off. Definitely challenging.
videotogif-2022-09-29-13-31-12.gif

Feels like 50 lbs or less is better, it may just be this machine. I suppose you have to be careful as to not overload the cable as well.
Still fun to use.
videotogif-2022-09-29-13-32-00.gif

Still pumping. Have a great Thursday!

bro nice video. dayum nice gym

TGIF Update : Biceps Isolation

Wake up weight : 200
Post Workout : 197

I am getting bigger, combo of muscle and fat. There's no way I would have been able to pull 400-500 lbs 4 weeks ago. I am filling out for the off season.
I was in the 177-180 range just before that last show. I'm floating in the upper 190s at the moment slowly gaining strength over these last 4 weeks.

I have to admit some of my workouts have become stale. I have two variations of my bicep day. I decided to change it up today. This may become the 3rd variation.
My usual routine is machine, plate loaded, or cable curls to start. I am getting heavier and want to maintain my pull up strength and grip strength. It seems like
the pullup is a more compound version of the bicep curl?

So, today
10x10 sets of supinated/underhand pull ups
really work on using the biceps to pull vs the back.

Smith machine bicep pull. Like a bicep crunch?
10xbar
10xbar+10s
10xbar+25s
10xbar+35s
10xbar+50s
10xbar+60s
10xbar+75s
10xbar+75s
10xbar+50s
10xbar+25s
10xbar

Now, it's time for Smith machine supinated/underhand pullup ladder.
Start at a low enough position to pull from the ground to the bar, maybe 10 or 15 inches of the ground.
1 set of 10-15 at rung, till you get to an almost vertical position.

I did the cable curl machine next with the straight bar and rope next doing one set then a progression of 3 pin drop from top to bottom.

After that, some bench curls with lying face down on the bench in an incline position, 4 variations
close grip
wide grip
bicep crunch
underhand bar raise
(Lightweight here, 25,35,45,55 just feeling the pump and squeeze and holds)

Finish off with some forearm curls off the bench. Can't neglect the forearms...

Still splitting time between the two gyms, did some lightweight biceps at the other gym
and the usual 35 min stair mill to finish out.

Ran bloodwork this morning. Should have results next week.

Tomorrow is my heavy leg day. Planning on trying to get some more reps on the 4 plate squat.

Really looking forward to attempt the 500 lb conventional straight bar dead lift. My normal RDL warmup to
405, then just testing a rep at 455, and attempting 505. I have done it before its just that I'm not sure where the strength is till I try it
When I first started doing deads, I would lift to the top and drop. That's only half the exercise. I know you need pull it up and put it down.
Then it counts. I would prefer complete reps, but we shall see. That is why we do it....

Happy Friday Peeps!

Super Saturday update.

Wake up @ 200 lbs
Post Workout @ 194 lbs

The weight is going up. I'm feeling more fatty than muscular. Feel like I have Buddha belly developing.
I am noticing less hunger since I am more satiated. Even skipped a protein shake one day this week.
I usually max out at 210, but may try to stay around 200 if possible.
Saturday is spaghetti day. I intend to make my legs feel like spaghetti. Squat and dead lift heavy.
Take my time. Get it done. Feel each rep. find my limits. Pretty much the same workout as last week.
The key differences.

I did 3 sets of ball squats @ 405 lbs around 4 to 6 reps each set. Good controlled movement.

As I mentioned yesterday, the plan was to try 500 on conventional bar dead lift.

I did my RDL warmup
1x135x10
1x225x6
1x315x5
1x405x4

Now the conventional dead lift test
1x405x2
1x455x1

So I added two quarters to total 505. Set up phone to record. Pulled the weight, got to a sticking point. Could not pull it.
I might of had performance anxiety with the camera. Here it is:
videotogif-2022-10-01-14-22-21.gif

Kind of got irritated, Thought I would try it again. No camera this time. Got to the same sticking point but pulled it thru.
Felt like an eternity at the sticking point, I'm sure it was not pretty. But I did get to the top, also put it down too. Very taxing.

I lowered the weight to 405 and finished with my usual progression.

So what my plan. October is my birthday month. I'll continue to enjoy off-diet foods this month. The workouts are meant to be fun.
Want to try new movements, slow down movements, have better control. Better mind muscle connection. Looking to get used to the new weight range
and build up strength.

Typically, Nov and Dec, I start eating more fixed clean meals but without restricting quantity.

January is where I start thinking about cycles and shows. I know next year I plan on doing the NPC TCM (3rd week July) and NPC NA (Late August).
Feb would be a bulk cycle leading to early April
Late April would start a competition cut cycle into July.
From July to Aug, would just keep everything the same and try to fix or improve the weaknesses from the first show, i.e. posing, gut control, etc.

Super Saturday update.

Wake up @ 200 lbs
Post Workout @ 194 lbs

The weight is going up. I'm feeling more fatty than muscular. Feel like I have Buddha belly developing.
I am noticing less hunger since I am more satiated. Even skipped a protein shake one day this week.
I usually max out at 210, but may try to stay around 200 if possible.
Saturday is spaghetti day. I intend to make my legs feel like spaghetti. Squat and dead lift heavy.
Take my time. Get it done. Feel each rep. find my limits. Pretty much the same workout as last week.
The key differences.

I did 3 sets of ball squats @ 405 lbs around 4 to 6 reps each set. Good controlled movement.

As I mentioned yesterday, the plan was to try 500 on conventional bar dead lift.

I did my RDL warmup
1x135x10
1x225x6
1x315x5
1x405x4

Now the conventional dead lift test
1x405x2
1x455x1

So I added two quarters to total 505. Set up phone to record. Pulled the weight, got to a sticking point. Could not pull it.
I might of had performance anxiety with the camera. Here it is:
videotogif-2022-10-01-14-22-21.gif

Kind of got irritated, Thought I would try it again. No camera this time. Got to the same sticking point but pulled it thru.
Felt like an eternity at the sticking point, I'm sure it was not pretty. But I did get to the top, also put it down too. Very taxing.

I lowered the weight to 405 and finished with my usual progression.

So what my plan. October is my birthday month. I'll continue to enjoy off-diet foods this month. The workouts are meant to be fun.
Want to try new movements, slow down movements, have better control. Better mind muscle connection. Looking to get used to the new weight range
and build up strength.

Typically, Nov and Dec, I start eating more fixed clean meals but without restricting quantity.

January is where I start thinking about cycles and shows. I know next year I plan on doing the NPC TCM (3rd week July) and NPC NA (Late August).
Feb would be a bulk cycle leading to early April
Late April would start a competition cut cycle into July.
From July to Aug, would just keep everything the same and try to fix or improve the weaknesses from the first show, i.e. posing, gut control, etc.

damn thats a big deadlift
you almost gunning for MObster record

Back
Top Bottom