Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Convince me!!!

Bencher

That there is a difference between using AAS in sports, and using things like cortisone shots, pain killers, braces........

Different type of steroids my friend..
Cortisone shots are cortical or however you spell it, steroids.. They have no anabolic or androgenic effects, they just elicit an anti inflammatory response..

The steroids athletes use are anabolic/androgenic steroids which act on your androgen receptors to increase protein synthesis, glycogen storage, insulin sensitivity, which in turn causes for rapid muscle growth and strength.

True, I am talking about the difference in the help they give to an athlete. Leaving legality out of the equation. They all give an edge to the athlete, they increase the persons ability to play their given sport. With out them the level of play would suffer.

If non of these were used, fans would be stuck watching 3rd and 4th string players by week 4 of the NFL season. Pitchers wouldn't be getting even into the 90s on pitches...

I think he means...it being unnatural and unfair.

Such as no one should use ANY enhancement...and only play with their natural abilities. So for it to be 100% fair, once someones shoulder goes bad they should pay the price. As in if they cant throw a pitch no more, or if its their knee and or lower back and it gets swollen and full of pain without coriticosteroid shots, then they should deal with it naturally and accept their body is done.

Why is it so unfair for someone who is "finished" in a sense of 80 years ago before these enhancements, but today its fine to keep your body going with injections and pain killers. So essentially its cheating those whose bodies are genetically superior, no?

They all should use enhancement IMO... but even if these players didnt take steroids, there still wouldnt be other guys better than them, because what they do is in their blood.

Along those lines, but in reverse.
Why do fans think nothing of it when Favre gets another injection in his shoulder(which by the way, is actually causing future damage) but if someone test positive for AAS, they are yelling cheater??? The cort in my opinion is way more of a "cheat" then the AAS. AAS doesnt keep you from feeling an injury, it wont enable you to get on the field if your shoulder or knee is killing you. It enables you to train hard and gain some size and strength. Cort shots are immediate enhancements with no effort needed to put into use.

They all should use enhancement IMO... but even if these players didnt take steroids, there still wouldnt be other guys better than them, because what they do is in their blood.

I am all for an "Enhanced" football league. Hellz yes that would be on par with gladiator fights :alucard:

this is a good subject and one I feel strongly about as it's affected the lives of many of my friends, while aas, used properly and not abused has a plethora of legitimate usages. and it also makes the sport better, then there's the other side, cortisone shots, freaking terrible, I was on them under medical supervision for years, they just dull the pain, now I suffer everyday, I'm sposed to be on full time pain management, oxycontin, roxicet but because of past injuries I've also had SEVERE addictions to to any type of opiets.

just my .02, but aas if done properly has nothing but great advantages, cortisone shots and painkillers are pushed on athletes so they can continue to play but it only help in the destruction of the body. it's dangerous and totally different. I've lost alot of friends to this kinda stuff.

As an actual athlete, I feel that under medical supervision, all athletes should be given 25-350mgs of testosterone so that there is no one saying that one or other has an advantage in terms of androgenics, but increases recovery, strength and endurance. This will make for a more entertaining realm of competition, not to mention if all are using the same amounts of test, we will still know who is who from the group.

All I am going to say is just look at the numbers. Duran the so called "dirty years" or "steroid era" of baseball U know the years ever1 was using. Baseball was very very popular. Ratings where up, people wanted to go to the park and maybe catch a home run ball. Now because there not using(WINK wink) steroids its all about speed and defense. I love it, steroids make U big , strong and slow so the players R not using anymore. Numbers dont lie. Every year that the homers go down, so dont the attendance #. Every game I watched on T.V. there was empty seats, more so in some parks than others. I know the economy is in the crapper but I dont think that is the only reason. Like said they should just regulate it so every1 gets X amount and we get to watch quality sports for the money we spend.
Yes, getting cortisone shots should be band if U cant use AAS. If you think about it they both R a helper of sorts. HGH helps U get on the field and perform your best. C.S. takes away pain so U can get on the field and perform. U can think of it that way. Both R a "man made" substance (i.e. not naturally made) compounds made to help U.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgopPV3a8wM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Dear John Witherspoon: "Steroids"[/ame]

That there is a difference between using AAS in sports, and using things like cortisone shots, pain killers, braces........

Rehabbed off of Tommy John Surgery with the help of a test/deca cycle. Signed a NLI with a top 25 D1 baseball school :)

I would say the cortisone is a lot worse. With the AAS you can cycle accordingly and be proactive with their use. With the cortisone the player can do a lot more damage to themselves, and that is speaking from experience.

Yeah cortizone is good for hiding an injury if you want to play hurt but it is not a fix for the problem

If non of these were used, fans would be stuck watching 3rd and 4th string players by week 4 of the NFL season. Pitchers wouldn't be getting even into the 90s on pitches...

Very true big guy!!! Strange how they can be shot up on the sidelines. Kinda crazy for sure but like you say......so true!!!! Good point.

gator

I just find it amusing how some types of medications are widely accepted and others are demonized. But take a look at anti-depressents. Several years ago it was taboo to discuss taking these meds, now everyone is taking some sorta anti-depressent or anti-anxiety med and it is totally acceptable.

Excellent subject! Your are correct IMO. As with most things it's what someone has deemed acceptable and unacceptable. The substance itself has little to do with why. The difference between "sanctioned" drugs and illicit drugs is usually profit. '

To your point above. Many of those on anti-depressants would be better on HRT.

well asa lifetime natural I find this topic a bit , well dunno . all kinds of meds have a reason for using , that´s why they have been made , right ? so in my b&w world ( call it naive ) anyone using either aas , hgh ..whatever makes one grow synthetically- just to get bigger is in a way abusing that stuff . I somehow doubt anyone would take cortison wout any pain to heal / hide - although I have heard pro cyclists have used cortison to mask pain - and ruined their health in th elong run .
if there´s money to be made in any pro sport , it means all aids are used - to win and earn money / fame . period . noone cares what happens after tomorrow . not the athletes , not the fans , not th esponsors . about your baseball I know nothing , but in bb world I would turn time back to 1970-80 level . IMO the best pros were active then . all of them used steroids , but I bet way less even average trainer joe does today - NOT even mentioning the pro bb´s of today . mass w class was in vogue. so in a nuthshell if your doctor orders you something to help your health or heal from something it´s ok . anythinmg else for healthy individuals is nono . BUT just in my world . peace

Hanuri, what are your thoughts on plastic surgery for the use of cosmetic improvement? Or, otc creams for wrinkle reduction?

Back
Top Bottom