Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is cracking the knuckles bad?

Uch

Registered
I oftentimes pull my fingers making them do a cracking sound. My friends told me that it is bad, and it will cause arthritis on the long run. But so many people do this, and I do feel a relief in my fingers after doing so. Is it really that bad?

I oftentimes pull my fingers making them do a cracking sound. My friends told me that it is bad, and it will cause arthritis on the long run. But so many people do this, and I do feel a relief in my fingers after doing so. Is it really that bad?

No, it is not true. That cracking sound you hear, is the air accumulated between joints coming out. It will not cause arthritis, and it is not dangerous. To be precise, this sound comes from a negative pressure pulling nitrogen gas temporarily into the joint. This is not harmful, and there has not been a single study proving otherwise.

Cracking sounds occur when bubbles form in joints and they are pulled apart. Cavitation within the joint—small cavities of partial vacuum form in the synovial fluid and then rapidly collapse, producing a sharp sound.

It's perfectly normal for your joints to crack. Your joints cracking has no effect on your joint health, arthritis or anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom