Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting vs Weight Loss

ElevenBravo77

Veteran Member
EVO V.I.P.
EVO Logger
I'm relatively new to the world of AAS but I have been training and lifting all my life. One of my pet peeves is the use of the term "cutting". Maybe it is semantics and I am just splitting hairs but I dont think cutting and weight loss should be used interchangeably.

It always gets me when someone who's 30% bodyfat says "I'm cutting right now" or they ask me for a good cutting diet and training program. Bro you are 30% bodyfat. You aren't cutting, you need to lose weight. There's a difference.

This isn't a knock on fat people. I let myself get over 20% last year. I was fat and needed to lose some weight...and I did.

I notice this even more in the steroid world. It is fairly common for guys who are 25+% bodyfat to be asking for a good cutting cycle. There is no such thing as a cutting cycle for someone that fat. In the normal world you may not really be fat but in the fitness world you are fat. In the steroid world you are very fat and have no business touching steroids.

Cutting is a about losing the last few percent of bodyfat to get that "cut up" look. It's about showing abs and really sharpening your muscle definition. This is where a good cutting cycle comes in.

There's no shame in being fat if you are trying to better yourself but don't go asking for cutting advice when you really need weight loss advice. And there is no such thing as a weight loss cycle when it comes to steroids.

I'm relatively new to the world of AAS but I have been training and lifting all my life. One of my pet peeves is the use of the term "cutting". Maybe it is semantics and I am just splitting hairs but I dont think cutting and weight loss should be used interchangeably.

It always gets me when someone who's 30% bodyfat says "I'm cutting right now" or they ask me for a good cutting diet and training program. Bro you are 30% bodyfat. You aren't cutting, you need to lose weight. There's a difference.

This isn't a knock on fat people. I let myself get over 20% last year. I was fat and needed to lose some weight...and I did.

I notice this even more in the steroid world. It is fairly common for guys who are 25+% bodyfat to be asking for a good cutting cycle. There is no such thing as a cutting cycle for someone that fat. In the normal world you may not really be fat but in the fitness world you are fat. In the steroid world you are very fat and have no business touching steroids.

Cutting is a about losing the last few percent of bodyfat to get that "cut up" look. It's about showing abs and really sharpening your muscle definition. This is where a good cutting cycle comes in.

There's no shame in being fat if you are trying to better yourself but don't go asking for cutting advice when you really need weight loss advice. And there is no such thing as a weight loss cycle when it comes to steroids.

Who got you going that made you write this ? Someone had to had said something one to many times lol, I know how that goes and I believe in not pulling punches and just giving it to someone straight, at the same time we need to remember we are still a community and collective from all different perspectives and opinions to add offer and debate, technically if I'm cutting to me its dropping weight and cutting down if im doing a recomp it's a recomp, at the end of the day I just work hard diet and live for it and the lifestyle.

Sarms on a side note other than diet is a great way to help u push past natural limits and burn fat and harden up so before u touch something like AAS sarms is a great choice to prepare imo.

Last edited:

I think the points you make are quite valid man... There is definitely a difference... I like a lot of the points you bring up here and because connotations mean a lot, especially in bodybuilding and fitness, they should be worded in the right areas... good post

I think of cutting as someone with already low body fat trying to get down to contest levels (which aren't maintainable)

i think people are starting to understand nutrition more and more compared to 5 or 10 years ago. we are slowly heading in the right direction

one of the things i try and teach people is time restricted eating and how important it is to follow. the american style of eating every 2 hours and stuffing yourself with tons of food is not going to work i don't care what your goals are

I think you will hear that in this community because we talk about steroids a ton. Outside of the fitness and bodybuilding circles I tend to hear fat loss or weight loss a lot more.

I dont disagree with anything you said. I just think the word cutting is used too broadly and freely in this lifestyle and with the root word being "cut" you should technically be in the ballpark of that definition. Otherwise you're just dieting down.

Cutting == losing weight is pretty much the same.

Why would it be any different? Both are losing fat...
The only difference I can even think off is this.

Cutting = you're on steroids, making sure you can be in severe calorie deficit without losing muscle = Faster results.
Losing weight = you're trying to lose weight but have to go ridiculous slow if you want to keep muscle.

Has nothing to do with if you're 10% or 30%. The end results and goal is exactly the same. You're arguing semantics for no apparent reason.

Back
Top Bottom