Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cutting without cardio?

marvinharrison

Registered
I know I hate cardio but do not mind dieting so I just never do cardio. Maybee under 8-9% for 20 minutes 2-3 times a week. In my experience it has worked very well and with a good cutting cycle I put on muscle while loosing fat.

I've heard bodybuilders do the exact opposite before competition and will keep cals high and do tons of cardio. One I am friends with does this.

I was wondering if there is something bad about just adjusting your diet to keep metabolism going aka carb and calorie cycling rather than cardio?

Anyone use either of these very different approaches?

Skipping out in cardio isn't good for your cardiovascular health itself, which is doubly so when you are taxing it with AAS, and also with age

I know I hate cardio but do not mind dieting so I just never do cardio. Maybee under 8-9% for 20 minutes 2-3 times a week. In my experience it has worked very well and with a good cutting cycle I put on muscle while loosing fat.

I've heard bodybuilders do the exact opposite before competition and will keep cals high and do tons of cardio. One I am friends with does this.

I was wondering if there is something bad about just adjusting your diet to keep metabolism going aka carb and calorie cycling rather than cardio?

Meaning what? The elevation? Means f all if you walk like a snail.

1. cardio does not burn anything, unless you do a lot of it which i promise 99% of people will never get close to
2. cardio builds a strong heart as PON said. that is why you should do it
3. putting your body into fat burning mode, burns fat. you will NEVER EVER out run a poor diet. the proof is in your gym and all the fat people you see doing cardio day in and day out and still stay fat

over exercising and over eating is the American lifestyle. we exercise MORE than any other country and it isn't even close. we also eat MORE than any other country and it isn't close. yet we still keep getting fatter and fatter. if you think I am wrong then you are living under a rock because every person in their 30's+ is obese. only old people are skinny in America because the fat ones die off so much younger.. hell even children are obese. i can remember when i was a kid there might have been like 1 or 2 fat kids in class which got bullied. now? fuck ever other kid is fat. it has become standard

I wrote 2 Ebooks that will help you lose fat without the BS. 1 on fasting and 1 on cutting. https://www.amazon.com/s?i=digital-...rank&text=Steve+Smi&ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1 I highly recommend you spend the few bucks to buy them and keep them as a guide. another option is getting in touch with me for a consultation 1 on 1. i will guide you on getting the best body you ever had safely and forever.

Last edited:
1. cardio does not burn anything, unless you do a lot of it which i promise 99% of people will never get close to
2. cardio builds a strong heart as PON said. that is why you should do it
3. putting your body into fat burning mode, burns fat. you will NEVER EVER out run a poor diet. the proof is in your gym and all the fat people you see doing cardio day in and day out and still stay fat

over exercising and over eating is the American lifestyle. we exercise MORE than any other country and it isn't even close. we also eat MORE than any other country and it isn't close. yet we still keep getting fatter and fatter. if you think I am wrong then you are living under a rock because every person in their 30's+ is obese. only old people are skinny in America because the fat ones die off so much younger.. hell even children are obese. i can remember when i was a kid there might have been like 1 or 2 fat kids in class which got bullied. now? fuck ever other kid is fat. it has become standard

I wrote 2 Ebooks that will help you lose fat without the BS. 1 on fasting and 1 on cutting. https://www.amazon.com/s?i=digital-...rank&text=Steve+Smi&ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1 I highly recommend you spend the few bucks to buy them and keep them as a guide. another option is getting in touch with me for a consultation 1 on 1. i will guide you on getting the best body you ever had safely and forever.

How can you possibly build muscle while fasting? Thats what I dont understand about fasting. Without the building blocks isnt it impossible to build muscle and extremely catabolic?

How can you possibly build muscle while fasting? Thats what I dont understand about fasting. Without the building blocks isnt it impossible to build muscle and extremely catabolic?

It's not a long term thing. And, of course, if you buy the book it'll explain this.

this idea that we must only be anabolic has led to the phenomenon of perma bulkers in every gym across America. you know, those guys who walk around with the chest outs and who have 40" waists. some of them also have a belt with their fat going over it.

being both anabolic and catabolic is normal, so lets not think you should just be one way or another. you will end up dead very young if you only want to be anabolic forever.

as far as fasting and building muscle. I did a 19 day fast which you can google which proved you do not lose muscle when fasting. i cannot get any more proof than actually doing it to show everyone. but WHY IS THIS. it is quite simple. when you fast you lose the weak and dying cells of the body. when you come off the fast you build them back up stronger and more fresh. this concept is what has kept humans alive through famines, wars, battles, climate changes, floods, plagues, diseases, etc for 2M years. even pro bodybuilders who are 300 pounds would benefit greatly from fasting.

it is also important to realize the difference between muscles being flat due to no water and glycogen and being full. when you fast the latter happens, and since the muscle is made up of mostly water it would give you the impression that yeah you are losing muscle. muscle tissue is not the same thing. that is why i laugh at people who claim they gained 30 pounds on a steroid cycle, that wasn't muscle tissue you gained there, it was water

Last edited:
this idea that we must only be anabolic has led to the phenomenon of perma bulkers in every gym across America. you know, those guys who walk around with the chest outs and who have 40" waists. some of them also have a belt with their fat going over it.

being both anabolic and catabolic is normal, so lets not think you should just be one way or another. you will end up dead very young if you only want to be anabolic forever.

as far as fasting and building muscle. I did a 19 day fast which you can google which proved you do not lose muscle when fasting. i cannot get any more proof than actually doing it to show everyone. but WHY IS THIS. it is quite simple. when you fast you lose the weak and dying cells of the body. when you come off the fast you build them back up stronger and more fresh. this concept is what has kept humans alive through famines, wars, battles, climate changes, floods, plagues, diseases, etc for 2M years. even pro bodybuilders who are 300 pounds would benefit greatly from fasting.

it is also important to realize the difference between muscles being flat due to no water and glycogen and being full. when you fast the latter happens, and since the muscle is made up of mostly water it would give you the impression that yeah you are losing muscle. muscle tissue is not the same thing. that is why i laugh at people who claim they gained 30 pounds on a steroid cycle, that wasn't muscle tissue you gained there, it was water
Wow 19 days, isn't the hunger just insane? How much did you lose?

once you hit ketosis hunger is gone man.

https://www.evolutionary.org/my-19-day-water-fast-story/

I'm going to be doing a long fast again after the holidays are over. I will be doing a log on here for it and I would encourage many of you to join me in that to start 2020 right

the fast I am doing will be a bit different from the one i wrote about previously, more details to come.

Yeh 19 days is insane... Iv heard fasting can reset Ur immune system... But i could never do that. Maybe 2 days...
Idk how u could get out of bed.

Some cardio Is good.
But diet is key. Eat lean healthy clean foods... Simple.

I just meal Prep with 2 kilos of chicken breast, 1kg frozen vegetables and 3 cups of brown rice. That makes 10 take away containers I have for work lunches...
Dinner usually steak and vegetables or paleo organic sausages.
Fruit...
Protein powder with a couple scoops of ground oats...
Haven't had take away or McDonald's in like 6 months... Never really feel the need.
If I'm blasting I just consume more protein shakes with the ground oats inbetween meals.
I don't go crazy counting calories or anything. But Iv never been the slightest bit fat in my life. I was always raised that takeaway or fast food is a somtimes thing... Works for me.

also here is a day to day log of a 10 day fast i did https://www.evolutionary.org/10-day-water-fast/

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh 19 days is insane... Iv heard fasting can reset Ur immune system... But i could never do that. Maybe 2 days...
Idk how u could get out of bed. .

your white blood cells will get recycled when you prolong fast. autophagy happens.
Yoshinori Ohsumi, a Japanese cell biologist, was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his discoveries on how cells recycle their content, a process known as autophagy. this starts around day 2 or 3 but really kicks into high gear after day 10. buh bye cancer cells and hello strong white blood cells

the energy is ridiculous during a fast. your adrenaline is sky high cause your body is woke and has a ton of energy it wants to use since you aren't wasting so much on digesting

you are going to want to start out doing 24 hours.. dinner to dinner. then from there you can transition into 36 hours and so on. rather than just jumping into a prolonged.

Shit man just had a look through Ur log. Very extensive good log for sure! U must have stayed on some gear to maintain that muscle after 10 days? Or fukk that would have just disappeared I would have imagined.

I couldn't do it, even tho Im keen on the immune boost. So props to you.

diet is always the key to everything... Im a firm believer in the benefits and need for cardio... thats not to say you cant lose weight or burn fat without cardio but it definitely speeds up and enhances the processes... I know for me personally, cardio puts me in my very best shape and condition and without it, even with a near perfect diet, i never get anywhere close to where i am with it

Shit man just had a look through Ur log. Very extensive good log for sure! U must have stayed on some gear to maintain that muscle after 10 days? Or fukk that would have just disappeared I would have imagined.

I couldn't do it, even tho Im keen on the immune boost. So props to you.

no gear on either fast. but I still worked out

my next prolong fast will be different though. will be no working out or stress of any kind allowed on the body. more details will follow

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have to ease back into eating after a 24 or 72 hour fast?

24 hours no.. 72 hours you want to be careful what you eat.. you want easy to digest things like watery fruits. the longer fasts your first few bowel movements will be messy since your digestion system has shut down so you gotta eat correctly the first few days or you will stress yourself out too much

all of this info is in my writeups and in my Ebook on fasting

Yeah fasting is so good for the body. It really is just a mental battle at the end of the day. If you can push through to get it done then you will see really beneficial results!

If you are cutting ideally it should be a combination of both. It comes down to total caloric expenditure versus caloric intake. Your diet can lower the intake and the cardio increases the expenditure creating the defecit. You can make that defecit bigger by foing more cardio or cutting more calories. It doesnt matter how you get there.

calories in and calories out is bullshit broscience

if you could just lose weight forever doing that you would weigh nothing. it doesn't work and a great way to fuck up your hormones and metabolism. spend a few hours researching what a calorie is. it is a unit. that is all. you cannot just count calories like weight watchers and reach any sort of weight goal. in fact you are only setting yourself backwards.

example: dude spends an hour doing cardio at the gym and burns X calories. then goes to chilFila and eats Y calories which is less than the X calories he burned. in the end he does not lose weight. in fact he ends up gaining weight. why is this? because a calorie is NOT a fucking calorie. our bodies do not work like this. there are people who eat 6500 calories a day and still lose weight and there are people who eat 1500 calories a day and still gain weight. it is all about what your body absorbs as well as 20 other factors more important than calories

read a nutrition book and you should never ever eat in a calorie deficit everyday. i know, i know the geniuses came up with the idea of having a cheat day because they think that works and 'resets the metabolism'.. actually no. you have a cheat day to correct the mistake of eating in a deficit everyday. has everything to do with how the body reacts to eating too little food everyday. no different than adjusting your furnace when it gets cold outside.

if you insist on counting calories (which is bullshit but let's say you believe in it) then you should CYCLE THEM at the very least on a day to day basis and YOU NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE count cardio as calories out. LMAO. that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. the food companies absolutely love to hear this crap cause it helps them sell more garbage to people under the guise that you can simply 'work those calories off'. the USA exercises more than any other country yet we are the fattest! it doesn't work

let’s use logic in this topic. Does anyone actually think you can eat McDonald’s 10x a day but exercise it all off by doing a lot of cardio? If you think that then by all means prove me wrong and go do it. You would be so sick from that food and unhealthy. It’s ridiculous

Last edited:
calories in and calories out is bullshit broscience

if you could just lose weight forever doing that you would weigh nothing. it doesn't work and a great way to fuck up your hormones and metabolism. spend a few hours researching what a calorie is. it is a unit. that is all. you cannot just count calories like weight watchers and reach any sort of weight goal. in fact you are only setting yourself backwards.

example: dude spends an hour doing cardio at the gym and burns X calories. then goes to chilFila and eats Y calories which is less than the X calories he burned. in the end he does not lose weight. in fact he ends up gaining weight. why is this? because a calorie is NOT a fucking calorie. our bodies do not work like this. there are people who eat 6500 calories a day and still lose weight and there are people who eat 1500 calories a day and still gain weight. it is all about what your body absorbs as well as 20 other factors more important than calories

read a nutrition book and you should never ever eat in a calorie deficit everyday. i know, i know the geniuses came up with the idea of having a cheat day because they think that works and 'resets the metabolism'.. actually no. you have a cheat day to correct the mistake of eating in a deficit everyday. has everything to do with how the body reacts to eating too little food everyday. no different than adjusting your furnace when it gets cold outside.

if you insist on counting calories (which is bullshit but let's say you believe in it) then you should CYCLE THEM at the very least on a day to day basis and YOU NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE count cardio as calories out. LMAO. that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. the food companies absolutely love to hear this crap cause it helps them sell more garbage to people under the guise that you can simply 'work those calories off'. the USA exercises more than any other country yet we are the fattest! it doesn't work

let’s use logic in this topic. Does anyone actually think you can eat McDonald’s 10x a day but exercise it all off by doing a lot of cardio? If you think that then by all means prove me wrong and go do it. You would be so sick from that food and unhealthy. It’s ridiculous

are you saying cardio wouldnt help a fat loss phase? What do you find the main driver to fat loss then if it isnt calories in vs calories out? - not being sarcastic, really just interested in your thoughts...

Back
Top Bottom