Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Defining "Shut Down"

Advanced Cyborg Brother jbranken's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Defining "Shut Down"

There's an influx of bad information floating around which still baffles me considering all of the resources at our disposal these days. I still see threads where guys are asking "if I take var without test, will it shut me down?" or, the usual know-it-all who chimes in "don't do an oral only cycle! Add test or you'll shut down!!". Let's clear up these misconceptions.

Every steroid will shut you down. Yes, even testosterone. For those who believe that testosterone in a cycle is preventing shut down, you couldn't be more wrong. It's annoying correcting people on this every day. Let's look at the facts so we're all on the same page.

When you inject testosterone, you are introducing an exogenous hormone which replaces your endogenous hormone production. Yes, your T serum levels will be elevated (depending on the dosage used) BUT, this isn't the determining factor of whether you're shut down or not. Some guys are under the impression that since you are replacing your own test with exogenous test, you're preventing shut down just because you are keeping your sex drive active and energy levels up. Testosterone plays many important roles in our body but unfortunately when you inject it, you stop producing your own T and this is when shut down occurs. So what does the concept of "shut down" mean?

Once your leutinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) has bottomed out to zero, you are now shut down. This normally happens within a few weeks of injecting ANY hormone or taking ANY oral steroid. You'll see guys say "I have no libido, am I shut down?". Well, maybe you are shut down, but libido is not the determining factor. Only bloods that show LH and FSH levels can tell you if you're shut down. I can't stress this enough. If you're using test and asking "am I shut down? I have no sexual desire.", my answer is obviously YES, you are shut down, but not because of your loss of libido. Its because I know you're using a steroid. Your body has no choice
    except to shut down. Loss of libido is a completely different conversation and is most likely related to estrogen. Using testosterone is not a guarantee that you'll have a functioning libido and more is definitely not always better.

So what steroids shut you down? Primo, Tbol, test, var, dbol, mast, tren, deca, it doesn't matter. All steroids are derived from testosterone so your body recognizes all of them as such. This is why all of them will inevitably shut down your hormone production and once it happens, you'll see the sides associated with shut down such as testicular atrophy and possibly decrease seminal volume. Everyone will experience these symptoms differently.

So the next time your buddy says "don't take var without test. Var will shut you down", be sure to tell him he's an idiot. Both will inevitably shut you down, although, adding test will help you to avoid lethargy, loss of libido and loss of motivation. As mentioned before, testosterone plays an important role in our daily life and leaving it out of a cycle could really leave you in the dumps or without a sexual appetite, but don't ever think it will make recovery easier. It's a steroid and should be treated as such.
    #1 SARMS provider in the world - SARMS1.com --- MODERATOR APPROVED

http://www.sarms1.com/image/sarms1-banner-2.jpg

Banned
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Lol nice inf my good brother

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I like what I read!
    Thx for sharing bro

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    So basically when you take in steroids your balls think they are no longer needed and go on vacation.

So the people who ask about being shut down have no business doing steroids.

Ramapithecus Bodybuilder
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Good read bro thanks for this

Ramapithecus Bodybuilder
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Great write up. Thanks.

Now can you help me with the SHUT OFF... damn wife.. lol

Senior Moderator
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    That's an Excellent Article, especially with the recent influx of guys who are new to the game.........................................JP

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Also if I may add. Alot of people ask "which steroid shuts you down the least", or the most... Shut down means, shut down, turned off. We understand PCT aren't the best part of the cycle and people try to avoid them by using steroids that "barely" shut you down. But none of that holds true. If you use any steroid from anadrol 100mg a day to primo 100mg a week. Your shut down all the same and require PCT.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Good info thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Skype

Advanced Cyborg Brother jbranken's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by iron addict View Post
    Also if I may add. Alot of people ask "which steroid shuts you down the least", or the most... Shut down means, shut down, turned off. We understand PCT aren't the best part of the cycle and people try to avoid them by using steroids that "barely" shut you down. But none of that holds true. If you use any steroid from anadrol 100mg a day to primo 100mg a week. Your shut down all the same and require PCT.
    Correct. One of the biggest misconceptions that is parroted on the forums is that var shuts you down less. People are under this assumption due to the studies on var, which were normally at 2.5mg and 5mg lol.. 40-100mg of var is going to bottom you out the same as anything else.
    #1 SARMS provider in the world - SARMS1.com --- MODERATOR APPROVED

http://www.sarms1.com/image/sarms1-banner-2.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast