bannednutrition.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Remember This Guy?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Does Anyone Remember This Guy?

It's Bill Pearl. Awesome bodybuilder who was big in the 1960's. Bill admitted to "dabbling" with anabolics, (Mainly D-bol) but by the time they came around he was already getting ready to retire and it wasn't worth the determent to his health. Yeah...back in the day people worked out to be healthy. Imagine that.

Anyway, the other pic was sent to a mutual friend. Bill just celebrated his 90th Birthday! NINETY. The dude looks twenty five years younger.

That's what old school bodybuilding will do for you. Just in case you're planning on sticking with it for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images-2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	12501
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unknown-1.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	12502
    A few more from way back when.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, can't edit properly. Anyway, you get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	313c1df3db19e9372988a4cdda9b1787.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	12499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123268523_208747327285138_6397492043196840250_o.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	12500  
    Backstage at the 2013 NPC Championships. 59 years old.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    anyone who has ever had a membership to golds knows exactly who he is. he is one of the guys up at golds gym as pioneers of bodybuilding.

I have been pushing healthy fitness/bodybuilding for years on the forums. most guys are not interested in that though. they just want to follow what some 20 year old on youtube tells them. run 6 compounds a gram each, 'cruise' at 500mg a week and go on TRT at 24. that is their strategy. then once they realize they are missing the #1 thing which is genetics they turn their channel into making bullets, grifting garbage supplements or a prank channel. that is the state of bodybuilding today in a nutshell
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Bill Pearl a big name yes but like most bodybuilders tell us that never take nothing , just little bit dbol and primo , and some people believe . In that era they use hgh from cadavers ( this is health ????? ).
    The problem more deads today is because you have more athletes now than in the past so much more chances to some die , and mostly because today they are much bigger ( the main reason they die is because they are much bigger at young age ) .
    In the past you have more deaths by diuretics than today , because they abuse them in the past , now the probleb is alot young guys over 300 pounds

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    That is awesome

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MONSTRO View Post
    Bill Pearl a big name yes but like most bodybuilders tell us that never take nothing , just little bit dbol and primo , and some people believe . In that era they use hgh from cadavers ( this is health ????? ).
    The problem more deads today is because you have more athletes now than in the past so much more chances to some die , and mostly because today they are much bigger ( the main reason they die is because they are much bigger at young age ) .
    In the past you have more deaths by diuretics than today , because they abuse them in the past , now the probleb is alot young guys over 300 pounds
    You are incorrect. First off, HGH from cadavers didn't happen until the early 80's -- long after Pearl retired.

When you talk about deaths from diuretics, again, you're thinking about competitive bodybuilding from the 90's.

And you're falling into the same thinking that is a result of the kids on message boards that stevesmi is talking about. You can't believe anyone can look great without a lot of gear. Not true. I know first hand that is not the case.

True, some people have great genetics but for the most part it's the training. 95% of the guys I see training train like pussies. Anyone can take a gram of gear a week for 4 months and look impressive, but what happens when they're off? I believe gear should be used to look good all the time, not just while you're on.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MONSTRO View Post
    Bill Pearl is 90. That's kinda the point of Nelson's post. He looks pretty damn big for a 90 year old lifter. Famous, among other things, for having 4am workouts. His book: Keys To The Inner Universe' is STILL a classic.

As for HGH etc. Go learn some history. The number that took HGH back then was literally a handful. Steve Michalik talks about it. But that was the late 70's and early 80's. He told (he's dead now) stories about Monkey Brains and, as you say, corpses. But, as Nelson says, it was AFTER Bill competed (like 10-20 years). Nelson was writing on these subjects when you was a still thinking about competing.

Bill also tells the story about competing with Sean Connery (who died yesterday).

For my sins I was at an OHF dinner where Bill was recognized for what he's done for bodybuilding (the OHF Hall of Fame award) and he gave every guest a copy of his 'Inside the Universe'. I've also had an award from them (Ambassador award) for my promotion of the Iron Game and OH ethos via my magazine Muscle Mob
    Last edited by Mobster; 11-01-2020 at 04:39 PM.

PSL Ambassador - Tried, Tested, Trusted.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson montana View Post
    You are incorrect. First off, HGH from cadavers didn't happen until the early 80's -- long after Pearl retired.

When you talk about deaths from diuretics, again, you're thinking about competitive bodybuilding from the 90's.

And you're falling into the same thinking that is a result of the kids on message boards that stevesmi is talking about. You can't believe anyone can look great without a lot of gear. Not true. I know first hand that is not the case.

True, some people have great genetics but for the most part it's the training. 95% of the guys I see training train like pussies. Anyone can take a gram of gear a week for 4 months and look impressive, but what happens when they're off? I believe gear should be used to look good all the time, not just while you're on.
    exactly right but most things he says are incorrect bro

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro bill pearl ...did he go high in placings?
    Want to know Source info? Check Approved Sources section on Evo!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    thanks for sharing
    Message me on Wickr private messenger for consultations and PED sources.

SARMS4SALE https://sarms.forsale

Purity Source Labs https://puritysourcelabs.ru

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    bro bill pearl ...did he go high in placings?
    He competed before the Olympia, but he won the Mr. Universe five times. He did compete against an up and coming Sergio Oliva. And FYI -- Sergios pre Olympia stack was 200 mgs of deca a week and 20 mgs of winstrol a day. But he said he didn't like the Winstrol because it made him TOO vascular! lol Anywhere, here's a comparison. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBZo...BXs-K&index=44

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast