Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Donating Blood

Yep donate every 8 weeks. I have for years and it keeps your numbers looking great on trt

They want to me consider doing the power red next time. Only issue I can foresee is that you can only do power red donation every 16 weeks. Should I stick with regular donations every 8 weeks or is the power red ok since they take double the blood?

They want to me consider doing the power red next time. Only issue I can foresee is that you can only do power red donation every 16 weeks. Should I stick with regular donations every 8 weeks or is the power red ok since they take double the blood?

i donated plasma last time because it was universal. i will tell you the whole procedure took over an hour between getting there and so. i had to piss really bad during it so wasn't a fun time. also i was completely wiped out afterwards.. felt like i got hit by a truck. BUT at the same time i think about that asshole driving drunk who hits a families car and now that kid is in the hospital waiting for my blood so how can i bitch?

when you go in just ask them what they need and that will be the best thing for your community. plus you get 2 free movie tickets :)

we are the hardest and healthiest people in our community so it is our responsibility to donate as often as we can to help others. there are A LOT of people who try to donate who are rejected so it is up to us to help. so i give cbbram and rickrock all the credit in the world for doing what they do

Last edited:
i donated plasma last time because it was universal. i will tell you the whole procedure took over an hour between getting there and so. i had to piss really bad during it so wasn't a fun time. also i was completely wiped out afterwards.. felt like i got hit by a truck. BUT at the same time i think about that asshole driving drunk who hits a families car and now that kid is in the hospital waiting for my blood so how can i bitch?

when you go in just ask them what they need and that will be the best thing for your community. plus you get 2 free movie tickets :)

we are the hardest and healthiest people in our community so it is our responsibility to donate as often as we can to help others. there are A LOT of people who try to donate who are rejected so it is up to us to help. so i give cbbram and rickrock all the credit in the world for doing what they do

I am going to do the plasma donation too. What about doing power red vs standard?

I am going to do the plasma donation too. What about doing power red vs standard?

i always just go there and just tell the lady to do what they NEED from me. i'm at their service

You can do either. They both benefit you. Power red takes out double the red blood cells and transfers your plasma back to you.

I have done doubles whenever theyve asked or been in need. I've also volunteered it when my RBC was higher than normal for me like after eq or something. Mostly though I just go off of what they want. Normally that's a whole blood donation, but I never say no when they need double reds.

The thing to keep in mind is everyone wins with donations. You win, the recipient wins, everyone wins.

From a selfish standpoint, is power red ok? Since it is only being taken every 16 weeks instead of every 8?
Quite the opposite of selfish. They can help a lot more people with doubles than they can whole. When your blood type is in need that's shy they may ask you for them

Appreciate that brother, and thank you for that. Thank you for stepping up and doing the same. I wish more people would. The demand is always higher than the supply

Quite the opposite of selfish. They can help a lot more people with doubles than they can whole. When your blood type is in need that's shy they may ask you for them

I wish I would have started doing this years ago. The red cross actually sends me an email telling me where my blood went and how it helped someone. I'll continue to do this for the rest of my able bodied life.

I go through one blood and I can check my cholesterol levels in their website the next day plus my bp etc and it's tracked each time I do notice it i give in cycle my cholesterol is higher which isn't a big secret but still good info to know

Back
Top Bottom