Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

eating raw food vs cooked food calories

HMB0228

Registered
Bros, is it true that food like pasta,rice,beef and other foods contain less calories after cooked, and if they are boiled in hot water even more? or they still contain the same qty of calories no matter what, thank you.

Yes, so if on a diet its best to always cook your beef, pasta and rice.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I should add that eating beef/pasta/rice raw can have benefits cos all the extra chewing will definitely burn mire calories.

Most things will be the same. However, there are two foods that become more glycemic when cooked - pasta and potatoes. This is why the Italians like the paste al dente - a bit undercooked, as it is healthier this way and it has a lower glycemic index. The same thing happens with potatoes - the more cooked they are, the more glycemic they become.

i think it is way too over thinking if you are worried

we had a guest on the last podcast say that an apple has different calories based on where it came from, age, etc. i mean come on now. i don't think your fitness goals will change that much if you eat an apple from washington vs. oregon

Pasta and rice have the same calories when cooked or uncooked. All that happens when you cook grains is you add water to the grain.

Meats have slightly less calories when cooked since some of the fat drips out during the cooking process.

Back
Top Bottom