Join Evolutionary Forums

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
sarms-forsale
needtobuildmuscle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggs not dangerous for heart or the blood vessels (eat up boys)

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Eggs not dangerous for heart or the blood vessels (eat up boys)

Eggs not dangerous for heart or the blood vessels

Eggs don't give you heart attacks and strokes, conclude nutritional scientists at Huazhong University of Science and Technology in China. They did a meta-study in which they collected existing data on half a million people and reanalysed it.

Eggs, cholesterol & cardiovascular disease
    After scientists determined that an egg yolk contains 150-180 mg cholesterol, nutritionists advised against eating eggs. So much cholesterol was bad for the heart and blood vessels, was the message. Sensible people would confine their egg eating to 2-3 eggs a week, and no more.

Studies were done that backed up this advice. The more eggs people eat, the higher the levels of bad cholesterol [LDL] in their blood, studies showed. From these studies [Am J Clin Nutr. 2001 May;73(5):885-91.] it was possible to calculate that for every whole egg per day that you eat (cholesterol is only present in the yolk) you raise your chance of having a heart attack by 2.1 percent.
    Now 2.1 percent isn't so high, and a calculation is not scientific proof. And it looked for a while as though that proof would never be delivered. Meanwhile the arrival of statins and blood pressure reducing drugs brought interest in nutrition and cardiovascular disease down to nil in rich countries, and scientific research on the relationship between diet and cardiovascular disease ground to a halt.

Study

In up and coming economies such as China and India the situation is different. As the food industry grows it has started to destroy traditional eating habits and the number of people suffering heart attacks and strokes is growing. These countries do not yet have enough money for mass provision of medicines, so scientists are once again starting to look at the relationship between diet and cardiovascular disease there.
    The Chinese researchers are no exception. They decided to collect all available epidemiological studies on the relationship between the consumption of eggs and the chance of developing cardiovascular disease. They then aggregated the data in these studies and reanalysed it.
    The researchers found 17 studies that met with their approval, and these contained data on 474,342 people. Some of the studies concerned heart attacks [first figure below], others concerned strokes [second figure below].

Results

As you can see above, eggs slightly reduce the chance of having a stroke.
    The Chinese discovered, however, that among diabetics a high intake of whole eggs does increase the risk of heart attack. Click on the summary table below to access the full information.

Conclusion
    "Results from our meta-analysis do not support that higher egg consumption is associated with elevated risk of coronary heart disease and stroke", the researchers summarise their findings.

"Subgroup analyses suggest a positive association between higher egg intake and risk of coronary heart disease in diabetic patients, and an inverse association between higher egg consumption and incidence of hemorrhagic stroke. Studies with larger sample sizes and longer follow-up times are warranted to confirm these subgroup results."
    Source:
    https://www.bmj.com/content/346/bmj.e8539

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I eat 10 eggs everyday whole, Love them. I don't worry about cholesterol.
    Lev Butlerov - Evolutionary.org Staff Author
    Lev Butlerov holds a Masters Degree in Biology, he is NASM Certified, ISSA Certified, The National Council on Strength & Fitness (NCSF) certified and is currently working on his American Council on Exercise (ACE) certificate.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LevButlerov View Post
    I eat 10 eggs everyday whole, Love them. I don't worry about cholesterol.
    My man... same here.. 10 every day in the AM. 8 whites 2 whole.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    just because something has a lot of cholesterol doesn't mean it will hurt your cholesterol. that is the misconception that I try my best to explain to people over the years

eggs are perfectly fine in your diet, but you must use high quality eggs. it should say humane friendly and pastured on them or you are wasting your time. you want those chickens to be eating bugs, worms and seeds outside and getting sunshine.
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition/psychology
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...ued-79912.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro i got chickens on ranch lay fresh eggs

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Eggs are good for you but they gotta be the good quality ones or you are wasting your time
    Domestic-Supply.com Team

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    just because something has a lot of cholesterol doesn't mean it will hurt your cholesterol. that is the misconception that I try my best to explain to people over the years

eggs are perfectly fine in your diet, but you must use high quality eggs. it should say humane friendly and pastured on them or you are wasting your time. you want those chickens to be eating bugs, worms and seeds outside and getting sunshine.
    This right here, it's the misconception that has been beaten into people's brains from the 70s and '80s and early '90s.. the moment people hear the word cholesterol pertaining to food they lose their goddamn minds.

SMH...

- - - Updated - - -

Now this leaves an opportunity into an entirely different chapter of this subject that's unique.. and that is the theory that our bodies cannot break down and absorb and metabolize protein and nutrients from raw eggs. It is said that eggs must be cooked because of specific enzymes and whatnot..
    I'm yet to see any real data that will support that it is truthful that eggs must be cooked in order for our bodies to capitalize on the nutrients.
    If someone has any literature or article citing this please share..

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Vision~ View Post
    This right here, it's the misconception that has been beaten into people's brains from the 70s and '80s and early '90s.. the moment people hear the word cholesterol pertaining to food they lose their goddamn minds.

another big one is FAT that is in food makes you fat

and another one is 'eat less, move more' burns fat- this one is so stupid and wrong it drives me crazy. if you eat less your metabolism drops too which is a wash. if you move more it won't make much of a difference unless you are training like crazy like say running 6 miles a day or something. weight training at the gym for an hour won't be any different then sitting at home watching tv for an hour, you burn almost the same calories either way. nor would an hour on the elliptical or treadmill

and i have to add count your calories in and eat under maintenance while completely ignoring calories out and how different food partition in the body

all 3 are wrong and lazy diet tips that hurt more than help with zero scientific backing
    Last edited by stevesmi; 06-23-2021 at 02:29 AM.
    Masters degrees in science-human nutrition/psychology
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...ued-79912.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    The idea that eggs are dangerous has been overplayed for a long time

Moderator India #1 Tiger Salman Khan's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    egg white does not increase your risk of a heart attack, a stroke, or any other type of cardiovascular disease ... eat more of egg white then egg yellow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast