Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Evolutionary diet for bulking/ best bulking options for an ecto?

Daft205

Proficient Brother
Just read the write up regarding the evol diet and sounds very interesting. I, as a pure ecto(never been over 10%bf my whole life), have never really done any Keto diets or carb manipulation as I havnt really "needed" too. I'm basically always trying to bulk and even eating way over maintenance I have a lot of trouble gaining any weight. Im just wondering if maybe a more structured approach could do the trick. Anyone using this protocol or any diet protocol really that they are finding overly successful for gaining POUNDS?

Eat as many meals and calories as it takes to move the scale. I wouldn't worry about being precise just keep increasing your intake as your body adapts. Lots of carbs and protein is the key.

Eat as many meals and calories as it takes to move the scale. I wouldn't worry about being precise just keep increasing your intake as your body adapts. Lots of carbs and protein is the key.

Yeah that's my point- it is not that simple for me. No offense but saying "eat lots of carbs and protein", is pretty substance-less advice for my scenario. I eat 3600-4000cals a day and only gain to certain point(up to/around 185 sub 10%, last bod pod was 7.5%) then stagnate. If I force feed past the 4k point I start having digestive/intestinal/stomachal issues, which is a pretty serious no-no for me as a have diverticulitis and intestinal inflammation can cause flare ups.
At this point my plan of attack is to keep gradually building up calories and specifically carbs. I may look into a variant of carb loading- sort of spin off the metabolic diet.

Once again would love any diet feedback/tips/tricks from my fellow skinny dudes- anything that helped you get to or near that elusive 200lb(lean of course) body weight.

Having been behind the research team for the evolutionary diet, I can tell you that it's a better variant of the anabolic diet. In general, for bulking the evolutionary diet works like a charm, but you need to change up the refeed process.

If you have a hard time bulking, you'll need to move into the 3 days refeed territory and during the 4 keto days keep calories BMRx20 with a 50f/45p/5c%, it's almost an even breakdown for the f/p for bulking vs. regular cutting evolutionary diet.

Excellent! this is what I was looking for. I assume you mean bmr calorie x 2- not 20 yeah? Just for clarity-my bmr is around 1800 so, 3600 cals with 50f, 45p for 4 days, then follow the refeeds outlined in the evol diet article for 3 days?

Excellent! this is what I was looking for. I assume you mean bmr calorie x 2- not 20 yeah? Just for clarity-my bmr is around 1800 so, 3600 cals with 50f, 45p for 4 days, then follow the refeeds outlined in the evol diet article for 3 days?

what are your stats?

Bulking BMR = BBMR is usually weight (lbs.) x 20, but it varies on bodyfat levels. In your case, 20-22 would be around the magic # you're looking for. However, I would suggest you do a shock day - this is based on your weight problems in the past.

3 days clean ketogenic - x20-22 BBMR
1 day liquid protein fast - x9-10 FBMR
3 days refeed, 1 high glycemic + 2 low-glycemic days - x15-18 RBMR (refeed BMR)

Back
Top Bottom