Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Extra long training

Kekakaldi

Registered
What do you think guys if I tried some extra long training sessions? For example, two time per week, but hard going 2-3 hours of training? Like a killer training session for all body parts. Have you ever tried this?

^^^ I've never had to do so, but there is in fact utility in only training two times per week. Just be sure that you are indeed working your entire body and that you are doing with great intensity. That mens that, at the conclusion of those two two-to-three hour training sessions, you are exhausted to the point of being nauseated.

It is recommended to keep the training sessions under an hour because this is the time where you can give the most effective training. After that, you can not lift as much, and your performance decreases. This is why it is best to keep the training sessions shorter. However, I have to admit that when I was boxing, we would train for 2-3 hours, and I got amazing results. So you may as well give it a try – perhaps it will work well for you, as it is all very individual.

I do 2h to 2h:30min every single time I go to the gym... 3 days in 1 day out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you wanting to go for 2 times a week because it's the only thing that works for your schedule or for some other reason? If it's because you only can go 2 times per week then it's is what it is. Go in do it hard and get out. 1-1.5 hrs i plenty of time to train and train hard 5 times a week. So if you are at the gym for 2.5 hrs 5 times a week you are either over training or not training hard enough when your in there. You should be focused on the training and maximum intensity, which in 1 hr should obliterate whatever muscle group your training.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I do 2h to 2h:30min every single time I go to the gym... 3 days in 1 day out

Sorry to rain on your parade but so what? We address this very point in the latest podcast. I also spend 2-2.30 in the gym. And I say on the podcast that it's cos I'm talking to members, over by the front counter chewing the fat with the owner while I drink a coffee and so on. I train for strength so my rest between sets is longer than a bodybuilders will be but even so I can do a workout at a proper pace and be done in 90 minutes.

The science on bodybuilding training and time was first done in the 1970's. Other studies have been done since. There are also numerous article from pros who, even with their genetic gifts, talk about an hour 15 max. The science says 60-75 seconds a set (lets says 10-12 reps) and that's using a 2 x negative and 1 x positive speed. It says 120 seconds rest. Do the math - that's 10minutes max per exercise based on 4 sets. Which means you can do 2 bodyparts with 2 exercises each x 4 sets and you'd be done in 1 hour. We also address the percentage of max on the podcast - give it a listen

Sorry to rain on your parade but so what? We address this very point in the latest podcast. I also spend 2-2.30 in the gym. And I say on the podcast that it's cos I'm talking to members, over by the front counter chewing the fat with the owner while I drink a coffee and so on. I train for strength so my rest between sets is longer than a bodybuilders will be but even so I can do a workout at a proper pace and be done in 90 minutes.

The science on bodybuilding training and time was first done in the 1970's. Other studies have been done since. There are also numerous article from pros who, even with their genetic gifts, talk about an hour 15 max. The science says 60-75 seconds a set (lets says 10-12 reps) and that's using a 2 x negative and 1 x positive speed. It says 120 seconds rest. Do the math - that's 10minutes max per exercise based on 4 sets. Which means you can do 2 bodyparts with 2 exercises each x 4 sets and you'd be done in 1 hour. We also address the percentage of max on the podcast - give it a listen

So what what? I was sharing with OP what I do ?

So what what? I was sharing with OP what I do ?

The so-what part refers to the length of time in the gym having no meaning. Heck my gym owner used to do 5 12 hour shifts so he kicks both our arses, however he was working lol. But I've seen him workout and it's rarely 40+ minutes. I also explained the science. Quite simply you are not training hard for 2+ hours. Same as my own explanation. No one is stopping you sharing. Did you listen to the podcast?

even Ironmen don't train that long

the max is 90 minutes

it is impossible to train for 2 or 3 hours straight and weight train. during that time you are taking breaks and doing all the stuff mobster said above. you don't just lift weights for 3 hours straight non stop

a half marathon which is 13 miles doesn't even take 3 hours to finish and people are so glycogen depleted they are falling over. yet you want to lift for 3 hours straight? makes no sense

I use to Train for 2 to 3 Hours ~ Steady.
When I 1st started Lifting.
And I couldn't keep a Gym Partner to save my Life.
They all thought that I was trying to Kill them.

I made some Great Gains for the 1st ~ 6 Months ~ then ran into a Stone Wall.
Plus, I was so Beat-up from this type of Training.
I didn't even want to go into the Gym sometimes.

I don't recommend this kind of training, if you are talking about going Steady for 2 to 3 Hours.
With Short Rest Intervals.
My Longest Rest Periods use to be 1 1/2 minutes after Heavy Squats.
But most Rest Periods were only 30 to 45 Seconds, just enough to catch my Breathe.

I still Train this way, but for only 45 to 60 Minutes tops now........................... JP
P.S.
And when I was Training for 2 to 3 Hours ~ 3 x's a week.
I would run 5 to 10 Miles on my Off Days ~ only 1 Day of rest a week ~ usually it was Sunday.

Not smart. Stimulate the muscle, don't annihilate it.

You really don't need much workout volume to fully maximize protein synthesis. Anything past that is just going to hamper your recovery.

That's why short more frequent workouts are better then longer less frequent workouts. Get in, hit it, get out and let the recovery process start.

The so-what part refers to the length of time in the gym having no meaning. Heck my gym owner used to do 5 12 hour shifts so he kicks both our arses, however he was working lol. But I've seen him workout and it's rarely 40+ minutes. I also explained the science. Quite simply you are not training hard for 2+ hours. Same as my own explanation. No one is stopping you sharing. Did you listen to the podcast?

No just yet. I'll let you know when I do so

Bottomline is - on the long run I will destroy myself. What about shorter and more frequent trainings? Like 30-40 minutes twice per day (AM and PM)?

Bottomline is - on the long run I will destroy myself. What about shorter and more frequent trainings? Like 30-40 minutes twice per day (AM and PM)?

It's a LITTLE better. There is still the issue of hard training requiring recovery as you'd hit the central nervous system. Training smaller muscles as you suggest vs bigger muscles being much harder

If you keep up training that long for a long period of time you will end up burned out and/or injured. I would much rather see you do your training in an hour or less and add in the odd super-long session as a shock to the muscle.......not the normal.

Back
Top Bottom