Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fasted cardio training

all cardio should be fasted in the first place

otherwise your body will evacuate what you put into it. your body never wants to digest food AND deal with the stress of a hard workout/cardio at the same time. that is why so many guys throw up if they eat then do hard training.

now what we know about this subject is that when you do fasted cardio you will blow through your glycogen stores a bit faster. all in all in the long term that adds up a bit, but you can't just do fasted cardio everyday and lose weight if your still eating shitty when you are eating. that is called spinning your wheels

For fasted Cardio what do you think is:
1) Best muscle sparing
2) Best fat loss ?

I think you are asking what type of cardio workout is best for each goal.

A lot of routines can accomplish both. In my opinion, extended cardio like long distance running is not as good for keeping muscle while cutting. I like short intense bursts like sprints or other types of HIIT.

Some of my favorite cardio exercises that are also good at preserving muscle are tire flips, sled pushes, sledge hammer swings and battle ropes. Do 3-4 circuits of each with a couple minutes rest in between and you will be gassed. But your also working a lot of muscle groups well.

Are you saying fasted cardio is bullshit? While it may not be completely necessary I would hardly say it is bullshit.

For me personally I have much better fat loss results when I train fasted as do several people I know.

bro i agree...fasted cardio is the top for fat loss for sure...im not sure what pgc640 is saying

well this is one of those things that we can argue for 50 pages so it depends on who you want to listen to

i will give my opinion based on my own experiences and what i've learned from the most trusted guys, interviewing them on my podcast and everything. i can tell you for example Frank Zane when I interviewed him absolutely lived off of fasted cardio every morning. he credits that for keeping him super lean

again as i said above you always want to do cardio fasted, otherwise your body will want to evacuate what is in your body. plus less stress on the body

but in terms of fat it does speed up glycogen loss, so lets say you wake up.. hydrate and then do cardio.. then wait to eat until very much later in the day. the beauty part is you can take advantage of both the cardio and the fasting (with fasting your metabolic rate does not drop) so it is a double whammy. that isn't all though. for those who believe the bullshit that you will 'lose gains'.. the nice thing is if you fast for 10+ hours you will get a sharp rise in HGH which will prevent muscle wasting

i always do my cardio in the morning and then fast for 14-24 hours after for this reason for my goals

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom