Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fasted vs non fasted cardio

KLAB55

Been doing my cardio before work 4days a week. At 630am. 25-30mins on the stairs.

I’ve been eating my 1st meal before leaving the house out of convenience. Am going to experiment with bringing my first meal and do my cardio fasted.

Should I expect any noticeable changes or is it all the same in the end. Cals in vs cals burned ...????

Been doing my cardio before work 4days a week. At 630am. 25-30mins on the stairs.

I’ve been eating my 1st meal before leaving the house out of convenience. Am going to experiment with bringing my first meal and do my cardio fasted.

Should I expect any noticeable changes or is it all the same in the end. Cals in vs cals burned ...????

no its not fasted cardio dips into fat stores wheres otherwise you would be burning food and allowing the defecit to later in the day find fuel to fill the defecit just make sure to keep your heart rate under 120 otherwise you have a higher chance of burning off muscle

I work out early every morning and almost always do fasted cardio (and workout for that matter). As long as your truly fasted through the night you won’t have to work through your glycogen stores before you start tapping fat stores. I haven’t experienced any signs of muscle wasting and I’m not currently running anything. I think you will get different opinions but for me it has been beneficial

Fasted cardio is a staple in many bodybuilder routines. I would recommend doing it very soon after waking and not allowing yourself to go an extended period without a meal. If you are quick to get to the gym and can eat afterwards them go for it. You can also get a similar effect by doing a heavy weight training session prior to cardio as you will burn through a lot of your glycogen stores prior to doing the cardio. Glycogen is beneficial for doing heavy weight training so you would rather use it there and do cardio once depleted. Some bodybuilders also only consume carbs before and after a workout and then eat low carbs for all other meals.

calories in and calories out is a good blueprint but in reality it isn't an exact science.

when you fast your insulin levels drop and your glucagon goes up. this puts you into a fat burning mode, so adding cardio to that is like lighting gasoline on the fire.

i would suggest you check out thomas delauer's youtube channels. he talks about this stuff all the time. i don't agree with 100% of what he says (i don't agree with anyone 100%) but he is the best guy on youtube to listen to because he is actually smart + looks the part too. he isn't some jerry ward type who just talks bro science and who has a rock IQ.

Take your first meal as a high carb in diet that would be beneficial for you whether you do cardio or heavyweight but don't forget to take first meal within one hour of wake up.It will enhance your metabolism as well as helps in burning of calories.

Take your first meal as a high carb in diet that would be beneficial for you whether you do cardio or heavyweight but don't forget to take first meal within one hour of wake up.It will enhance your metabolism as well as helps in burning of calories.

if such a thing was true then all these people who fill up the donut shops, IHOP, denny's and waffle house would be ripped. the fact is they aren't.. they are all fat for a reason. those breakfast meals are awful for the waistline

a human being did not evolve to hold much body fat yet try finding someone in their 30's or 40's under even 15% body fat.. it is hard to do! maybe a person who runs a lot or who is a methhead.. but for the rest of us we need to eat less. so i dont see how eating a big carb meal after waking makes any sense at all. the metabolism thing is just not true and gets parroted a lot by fat people who want to justify themselves over eating

the problem with today's society vs. 10000 years ago is today we have access to any food we want at any time.. we have restaurants, fast food, supermarkets, fridges, and pantries. 10000 years ago if you wanted food you went and found food. you expelled calories to get calories..

Last edited:
I love doing all my workouts fasted. Did it for 4 years and I could shed fat fast. I had to switch back to evening workouts tho because I was not getting enough sleep. From experience it was easier for me to stay lean working out in the morning fasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been a lot of really good scientific studies that compared fasted to non fasted cardio. All the studies showed no noticeable difference in outcomes.

All that matters is getting your cardio session in. It does not matter if you do it fasted or not.

It is something you will just have to try out and see what works best for you. I always do my cardio fasted because I train fasted and do my cardio right after. I prefer this because I have more clean energy than when I have food in my gut.

There have been a lot of really good scientific studies that compared fasted to non fasted cardio. All the studies showed no noticeable difference in outcomes.

All that matters is getting your cardio session in. It does not matter if you do it fasted or not.

absolutely right and thats why i did the entire video on that to explain it in detail as to why...

Back
Top Bottom