Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fasting on cycle

Newbie Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Fasting on cycle

Planning on cutting mid june and was wondering about intermittent fasting some say it's a waste while on steroids. Anyone that has advice or did it by experience give feedback.

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I know guys on TRT dosage that have been able to drop fat while making reasonable gains using IF. Not sure if it would be worth it on cycle...guess it would depend on the cycle. And it still comes down to calories/food quality.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Stevesmi's our IF pro.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Official Representative (VIP) Fella Finn's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Why would it be?
    I wouldn't say its optimal approach but as long as you get in those calories that's roughly what matters the most (caloric intake/energy balance).

Especially for some people it can be a very useful and successful diet trick.
    Last edited by Fella Finn; 05-03-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Need a source for Sarms or N2BM products in Finland?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by japnap1 View Post
    Planning on cutting mid june and was wondering about intermittent fasting some say it's a waste while on steroids. Anyone that has advice or did it by experience give feedback.
    Well I've done this protocol for years in the past, and wrote many articles on this. IF works, and works even better on cycle, which kinda goes with most things.

I've went through contest prep on IF as well, and it worked remarkably well

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    intermittent fasting and prolonged fasting are different things based on the length you are fasting

they are tools you can use to improve gut health, autophagy, get rid of old muscle tissue, boost immune health, etc.

human beings and most all mammals fast naturally, feast or famine. it is how our stomachs were designed. we aren't designed to eat every 2 hours or count macros and calories to hit a target. we are SUPPOSED to cycle our macros and calories on a daily basis. some days we would get nothing, some days we would get a little, some days we would get lucky and kill a large animal and get a ton of them, etc etc.

those that choose to follow the bodybuilder diet of 6 meals a day every 2 hours blah blah blah SHOULD still be fasting atleast every 2 weeks to give their gut a break. otherwise you will struggle to absorb nutrients in the first place. 80% of people reading this thread are deficient in magnesium and zinc. guess what? no zinc = low testosterone. so yes gut health controls more than what people believe.

plus a prolong fast every 3-4 months will do a great job at killing off old muscle tissue so you can grow new ones. yes if you fast you will actually gain more muscle long term!
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. contact me I can help you
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker and cutting/fasting Ebooks 4sale
    ask me for coupons to N2bm, juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I have no interest or experience with fasting.

Advanced Cyborg Brother sisir012's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    I had done long fast or water fast and now i use IF it's a great tool for me lots of benifit I did see any muscle loss

Sent from my CPH1809 using Tapatalk
    EAT HEALTHY THINK BETTER

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    personally, i cant do it whatsoever.. with the amounts of cardio i do, over 2 hours a day, its not something that i can do personally, HOWEVER, rick and steve both have had quite a bit of success with it and i would actually defer to them considering the amount of experience they have with it... although i know the diet extremely well, when you actually do it then it gives you the ability to give a personal feel for it that someone that has not cannot give

Growing Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Thanks for the great info Stevesmi. I have used IF successfully in the past prior to TRT and now I am in a situation where I need to drop 10-13% bodyfat so I think I am going to start back up. It also fits my busy lifestyle perfectly whereas the bodybuilder eating style (every 2-3 hours) is a real challenge for me.

I've found that an 18 hour fast and 6 hour feast works best for me. When I was on IF previously I worked out in the early afternoon so my feasting window started right afterwards. Now I work out first thing in the morning and I'm not sure I can wait hours to eat after hitting the gym hard, especially on days when I do HIIT after lifting. So timing could be more challenging.

I also used to fast for 24-36 hours a couple times a month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast