Join Evolutionary Forums

napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
sarms-forsale
needtobuildmuscle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fasting while running SARMS Cycle, muscle-wasting?

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Fasting while running SARMS Cycle, muscle-wasting?

Hi Bros,
    Love all your vids and podcasts, thanks for providing great education for us noobs. I'm 60, 5'11", 220lbs, approx 20%BF, Bloods normal.
    Ran a few PED cycles in the past but Dylan suggested a SARMS cycle once my gym opened back up in February as my BF too high for PED's.
    Cardarine 20mg/day
    Ostarine 25mg/day
    Stenabolic 30mg/day split or full dose before workout
    Andarine 50mg/day split...but i've run out and replaced it with Ostarine.
    My weight is still an issue despite following IM/fasted cardio and tight-ish diet. My knees are bone/bone from years of playing competitive tennis, and i'm carrying too much weight to be quick on the court.
    I know Steve Smi and Rick talk about fasting/IM (which i do) but i was curious about water fasting and how we can save muscle while on a fast? Won't our bodies eat away at the muscle before it uses fat? Guess I'm getting desperate for a solution.
    Advice is appreciated!
    Tom

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    your body will expel fluids and electrolytes rapidly during a longer fast. our muscles are made up of a lot of water, so if that is what you mean by losing muscle yes. it is called in the bodybuilding world "being FLAT", it is why bodybuilders who fast ahead of a competition will fill their muscles back up with jam and electrolyte manipulation etc. btw when i fasted 19 days it took me 2 days of eating to fill my muscles back up which is interesting because if you fast for a short period it takes much less time

if you are talking about actual muscle tissue and cells? not at all. what happens is your cells actually regenerate to make fresher muscle cells and tissues, this takes place 20 hours into a fast and accelerates the more you fast. that is called autophagy

now why do you not have to worry about losing muscle during a fast? because during a fast your growth hormone goes sky high, your adrenaline goes sky high, your noradrenaline goes sky high, etc. this starts happening at the 20 hour mark and continues skyrocketing for 5 days until it levels out. this is called survival. your body is doing whatever it can to help you go hunt down food. every animal on earth has the same concept. imagine if the opposite happened, every species would have went extinct from being too weak to find food. your body will attack fat cells to tape into energy, not your muscles! you can confirm this by pissing on a ketone strip and seeing all the ketones coming out of your body via urination. the exception is if you are under 3% body fat lol, in that case okay yeah your body will turn to muscle.

now in terms of 'should i use sarms or steroids' during a fast. if you want the FULL BENEFITS of a fast you should not run any drugs, PED's, supplements, multi vitamins, etc. the concept of fasting goes over peoples heads a lot which is understandable, but the whole idea behind fasting is to make your body STRONGER and more TOUGH. the people who need to eat every 2 hours have trained their bodies to be weak.

if you want to just worry about fat loss then go ahead and run anything you wish during a fast, it won't prevent you from losing weight obviously, but you won't experience that deep autophagy and cell regeneration, you also won't get all those hormones pumping and especially if you are using anabolics you will lose out on the insulin sensitivity aspects.

it is no different then football coaches making their players run in the heat in the south without water the whole practice, it DOES make them tougher!! obviously though if you aren't in good shape fasting long term can be dangerous just as running in the heat full pads with no water can be dangerous due to heat stroke. I don't recommend people who are too fat or have heart problems fast long than 2-3 days. you should ease into it and over time you can eventually be in good enough shape to do a longer fast. you should also monitor your heart rate and make sure you are hydrating properly. i don't recommend fasting if it is hot or you will be sweating either, it will be hard to regain your electrolytes in that way. and always with long term fasting remember it is a CONTROLLED FAST.

Hadi Choopan and Big Ramy both fasted an entire month last year ahead of Mr. Olympia and they did pretty good last i checked. so plenty of top end bodybuilders implement fasting for both health and spiritual benefits.

everything i wrote here can be found in human studies, you can google jason fung and read all the studies he has posted both on his social media and his books. so people who say I am wrong or whatever are just spouting bro science or their own personal opinions, not facts
    Last edited by stevesmi; 04-27-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults
    Looking for a steroid source? click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...ued-79912.html
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <Ebooks 4sale

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TennisPro61 View Post
    Hi Bros,
    Love all your vids and podcasts, thanks for providing great education for us noobs. I'm 60, 5'11", 220lbs, approx 20%BF, Bloods normal.
    Ran a few PED cycles in the past but Dylan suggested a SARMS cycle once my gym opened back up in February as my BF too high for PED's.
    Cardarine 20mg/day
    Ostarine 25mg/day
    Stenabolic 30mg/day split or full dose before workout
    Andarine 50mg/day split...but i've run out and replaced it with Ostarine.
    My weight is still an issue despite following IM/fasted cardio and tight-ish diet. My knees are bone/bone from years of playing competitive tennis, and i'm carrying too much weight to be quick on the court.
    I know Steve Smi and Rick talk about fasting/IM (which i do) but i was curious about water fasting and how we can save muscle while on a fast? Won't our bodies eat away at the muscle before it uses fat? Guess I'm getting desperate for a solution.
    Advice is appreciated!
    Tom
    When you are talking about water fasting, the first 2-3 days is the time you need to get into a ketogenic state, which is anabolic and muscle sparing. You will lose bodyfat nicely thereafter (and even the 1st 2-3 days). You should do 1 day dry fast, no food and no water, followed by 3-4 day wet fast, this will put you in ketosis day 2 and fat burning mode for the next 4 days.

SARMS during the fast? it's perfect but use it during the wet fasting period, don't drink anything or take anything during the dry fast.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    You're not gonna lose much, if at all, muscle

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Big fan of fasting, I have had really good results from the practice. Doubt you will lose muscle.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro you gonna lose some weight when you fast long term which hurt strength . but short term fasting like less than 1 day like you saying at yo body fat it gonna be all fat/water only

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stevesmi View Post
    your body will expel fluids and electrolytes rapidly during a longer fast. our muscles are made up of a lot of water, so if that is what you mean by losing muscle yes. it is called in the bodybuilding world "being FLAT", it is why bodybuilders who fast ahead of a competition will fill their muscles back up with jam and electrolyte manipulation etc. btw when i fasted 19 days it took me 2 days of eating to fill my muscles back up which is interesting because if you fast for a short period it takes much less time

if you are talking about actual muscle tissue and cells? not at all. what happens is your cells actually regenerate to make fresher muscle cells and tissues, this takes place 20 hours into a fast and accelerates the more you fast. that is called autophagy

now why do you not have to worry about losing muscle during a fast? because during a fast your growth hormone goes sky high, your adrenaline goes sky high, your noradrenaline goes sky high, etc. this starts happening at the 20 hour mark and continues skyrocketing for 5 days until it levels out. this is called survival. your body is doing whatever it can to help you go hunt down food. every animal on earth has the same concept. imagine if the opposite happened, every species would have went extinct from being too weak to find food. your body will attack fat cells to tape into energy, not your muscles! you can confirm this by pissing on a ketone strip and seeing all the ketones coming out of your body via urination. the exception is if you are under 3% body fat lol, in that case okay yeah your body will turn to muscle.

now in terms of 'should i use sarms or steroids' during a fast. if you want the FULL BENEFITS of a fast you should not run any drugs, PED's, supplements, multi vitamins, etc. the concept of fasting goes over peoples heads a lot which is understandable, but the whole idea behind fasting is to make your body STRONGER and more TOUGH. the people who need to eat every 2 hours have trained their bodies to be weak.

if you want to just worry about fat loss then go ahead and run anything you wish during a fast, it won't prevent you from losing weight obviously, but you won't experience that deep autophagy and cell regeneration, you also won't get all those hormones pumping and especially if you are using anabolics you will lose out on the insulin sensitivity aspects.

it is no different then football coaches making their players run in the heat in the south without water the whole practice, it DOES make them tougher!! obviously though if you aren't in good shape fasting long term can be dangerous just as running in the heat full pads with no water can be dangerous due to heat stroke. I don't recommend people who are too fat or have heart problems fast long than 2-3 days. you should ease into it and over time you can eventually be in good enough shape to do a longer fast. you should also monitor your heart rate and make sure you are hydrating properly. i don't recommend fasting if it is hot or you will be sweating either, it will be hard to regain your electrolytes in that way. and always with long term fasting remember it is a CONTROLLED FAST.

Hadi Choopan and Big Ramy both fasted an entire month last year ahead of Mr. Olympia and they did pretty good last i checked. so plenty of top end bodybuilders implement fasting for both health and spiritual benefits.

everything i wrote here can be found in human studies, you can google jason fung and read all the studies he has posted both on his social media and his books. so people who say I am wrong or whatever are just spouting bro science or their own personal opinions, not facts
    I agree with everything here except the part about it being too hot to fast. In South Asia it is hot year round and they still fast no problem a lot of the year. I get cold when I fast so it seems like it would be good to fast during the hot time of the year.
    Domestic-Supply.com Team

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    steve has you covered

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Not at all man. By that logic, everyone would lose all their muscle before burning any fat. That is definitely not how it works. It is actually fairly difficult to lose muscle.
    ***Canadians, hit me up on Wickr Mobile (MasonicBB) for my steroid source***

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    i do fasting and havenít lost muscle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast