Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Feed timing on Intermittent Fasting

ElevenBravo77

Veteran Member
EVO V.I.P.
EVO Logger
I have had good luck with IF in the past and was thinking about going back to it since I have quite a bit of fat to cut.

Does timing matter when it comes to your feeding window? I used to work out after work and it was perfect because that gave me a 4-6 hour window to eat in the evening starting with a PWO meal.

Because of my current schedule I have to work out in the morning around 6:30 - 7:00. It's tough for me to start feeding afterwards because I'm at work and would need a couple large meals to get my calories in. My window would also end before dinner preventing me from eating with my family.

I'd prefer to eat after work from say 5-9. Are there concerns with not eating for 8+ hours after a hard workout? I generally lift moderate to heavy for an hour followed by 15-30 minutes if moderate to intense cardio 4-5 times a week.

Your lifting might not be as intense fasted like that, but I don't think it would be huge deal.

bro timing dont matter...as long as you eating in a 4-6 hour window...no matter time

Put your feeding window wherever it works best for you. It doesnt need to be right after a workout

Thanks that was definitely my thought, but I'm always open to other opinions and advice.

When I first started lifting everyone said you have to eat right after your workout or you would immediately go into a catabolic state. And if you weren't eating every 2-3 hours you would never put on muscle

All false. I intermittent fast an i workout in the morning on an empty stomach around 9am and I dont eat my first meal until 4pm at the earliest.

The reason why you hear the needing to eat every 2-3 hours or right after a workout is because no supplement or food company would ever tell you otherwise.

Eating so frequently actually causes your body to have consistent spikes in insulin which lowers natural test and hgh. You can fast for 72 hours without affecting your metabolism.

Your body actually produces more natural test and hgh in a fasted state. Steve knows alllll about this stuff if you want more info. I routinely fast for 18 hours and im not small lol!

if you workout in the morning and don't eat until the afternoon or early evening it won't make a lick of difference.

i'm much more of a proponent of keeping your eating window later in the day because when you wake up your hormones and adrenaline are sky high already. and i'm not just talking about just testosterone, i'm talking insulin too. plus when you start eating you will want to keep eating.

however that does not mean you still can't have your eating window in the morning, SOME do then fast the rest of the day. it is all about adjusting your lifestyle. but MOST guys will find the window best later in the day

I workout fasted every morning! I love it, and there is no problem staying fasted all day and eating when you feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom