Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First cycle eval and advice

Wacoach

Hey guys. After reading on this forum and others for months, I have posted a couple of times in the last two days to get feedback. Many of the decisions I have made over the last few months have been greatly influenced by your posts and willingness to share. For that I thank you.

I have very hesitant to post because I have little experience in running gear, so I didn't want to offer up anything that was uneducated. I only post now because I want to open up to the veterans for a bit of advice. I started my first cycle and have had mixed results. I need the variables to be looked at to see what I need to do from here. I will try to include the info you always ask for to give effective advice.

I will start with my goals: I am a 40 year old that has decided to amp up my appearance. I don't need to compete in bodybuilding, but just want to look better. I wanted to add some size to my chest, back, shoulders, and legs, but reduce some of the body fat I have added over the last 10 years.

Training background: Personal trainer in my 20s. Only weighed about 175 in my twenties, but was shredded. Never a super strong athlete, but a decent endurance athlete. I did a couple of short cycles (test e and dbol) back then, but wasn't knowledgable enough in diet to make great gains.
Reached my 30s and became a strength coach working with athletes. Cut training down to 3 days a week and diet went to crap. Gained 10 pounds, but not of good weight.
6 months ago, I hit age 40. Had a mid life crisis. Some guys buy a Harley or sports car, I started getting healthy again. Worked out 6-7 days a week and cleaned up diet for 6 months. Wanted to try gear again, but wanted to make sure the effectiveness would be measure able. Wanted to make sure the change in training and diet was effective before starting.

In January, I started first cycle. Test e and dbol. Gained 10 pounds (now around 195) although I know some is just water retention. I am in week 6 now, and got off the dbol after week 3. I was having trouble controlling hypertension and headaches (even on n2guard and an AI). Endurance capacity disappeared. By week six (3 weeks off the dbol) my cardio is back and I am still making strength and size gains. I have been eating cleanly (6-7 times a day). Lean meats and veggies at big meals, fruit and yogurt for snacks and energy in between, recovery shakes after workouts. Train several times a day because I have access to a gym all day with my job.

I am having trouble cutting the tire (belly fat) that I put on in my thirties. I have gained muscular size up top, but still have a larger waistline than I want. I want to know if I need to wait until I am off the test e to start cutting and will I lose the size I have gained if I cut in the second half of the cycle? Should I take on some cutting gear like Winstrol? I know I need to give my body a break after 10-12 weeks, so I have to make a decision now. I could use advice. I am sure I will get crushed for some of my decision making (another reason I was hesitant to post) but I am hoping to get some good advice out of this post. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Coach

Diet and cardio is the only thing that will help you. There are steroids you can take that will help you keep muscle mass on a reduced calorie diet. As for winny and other drugs people use to cut, they won't do much until your bf is lower

Thanks PTPT. Didn't want to reduce calories since I have still been gaining strength and size up top. Increased my cardio after getting off the dbol, over the last 3 weeks, but it must not be enough. I guess I need to just decide to lose body fat (reduce calories and up cardio even more) to get what I want. Just hoping to find the best of both worlds and keep gaining strength and muscular size. I appreciate the advice.

It's tough but if I were in your shoes I would get on a clean diet and increase cardio. Once you get the belly fat taking care of its easy to make clean gains. Diet is very important though.

Quick question PTPT. I chose test because of the versitility of its use. Would you consider test e to be one of those that I can use to keep the strength while I diet and increase cardio? I ask because I have reduced calories some and increased cardio over weeks 5-6. I didn't lose weight. I gained a pound or two.

Brother, you will Never Ever get Rid of Belly Fat at 40 with Dbol.
It's also the Reason that you were getting Headaches.
Dbol was a Terrible Choice at your Age and Cycle Objectives................................. JP
P.S.
Think Tbol, it's has just about the same Strength as Dbol without All that Bloat and Hypertension.
Another Alternative, is Anavar.
P.S.S.
I wouldn't Consider Winstrol for a Future Cycle if you have any Joint or Arthritis Issues currently.
P.S.S.S.
Also, on your Diet, were you in a Caloric Deficit, about 500 Calories below Maintenance.
If not, that's just 1 more reason that Belly won't go.
Over 40, you need to do everything Correctly, if not, you're "Just Pissing into the Wind".

Thanks for the help JP. My choices have a little to do with experimentation and not having experience. The beginners cycles on here often include taking dbol with test for the first few weeks. I wanted to see how it hit me and I did. The dbol hit me like a ton of bricks which is why I dropped it after 3 weeks. Running test e 250 only for the past 3 weeks. I was just looking for advice on where to go from here. The stack did put size and strength on me (although I know some is water weight), but I picked up some extra body fat too. I knew it would come with dbol (which is mostly used for size and mass) but now I want to start getting rid of some of it. I don't need to put on huge mass and then try to lose it for competition. I just want to look a little better than I did. So my question stands: anything to add to the test e for the last 5 or 6 weeks or just stick to more cardio and less calories?

Personally I like primo if cutting. I seem to get good results with lower calories as long as the protein intake is high enough. I have ran it with only HCG but perfer a low dose of test, 200 - 250mg a week

JP, thanks for the advice on Winstrol. I assumed from its popularity in bodybuilding it might be a good choice as I finish this cycle and plan the next one for this summer (after a few months off). If it contributes to arthritis problems and joint problems then I will pass. I am pretty active at 40, but the old injuries definitely affect me at my age.

Thanks PTPT. I will work on the caloric drop over the next couple of weeks and see how it goes. If I find another reliable source in time, maybe work in the primo. My test dose is on the low end right now since I am new to this stuff. I am on 250, one injection every 4th day to keep levels even.

Thanks for the help JP. My choices have a little to do with experimentation and not having experience. The beginners cycles on here often include taking dbol with test for the first few weeks. I wanted to see how it hit me and I did. The dbol hit me like a ton of bricks which is why I dropped it after 3 weeks. Running test e 250 only for the past 3 weeks. I was just looking for advice on where to go from here. The stack did put size and strength on me (although I know some is water weight), but I picked up some extra body fat too. I knew it would come with dbol (which is mostly used for size and mass) but now I want to start getting rid of some of it. I don't need to put on huge mass and then try to lose it for competition. I just want to look a little better than I did. So my question stands: anything to add to the test e for the last 5 or 6 weeks or just stick to more cardio and less calories?
All the Beginner Cycles for the most part are with the Younger Lifter in mind where Orals like Dbol and Winny are concerned........... JP
P.S.
Like I stated previously.
Think Tbol for the same Strength as Dbol without the Bloat, Lean Muscle gains.
Or Anavar for Lean Gains and Great Vascularity.
P.S.S.
Doing either one for the last 4 Weeks of your Cycle would be a Great Addition

Thanks again JP. Will do some reading on those and see if what I can work out. Lost my source after starting my cycle of test. I know this isn't the place for source talk, so I am working on that with another thread.

Hey guys. After reading on this forum and others for months, I have posted a couple of times in the last two days to get feedback. Many of the decisions I have made over the last few months have been greatly influenced by your posts and willingness to share. For that I thank you.

I have very hesitant to post because I have little experience in running gear, so I didn't want to offer up anything that was uneducated. I only post now because I want to open up to the veterans for a bit of advice. I started my first cycle and have had mixed results. I need the variables to be looked at to see what I need to do from here. I will try to include the info you always ask for to give effective advice.

I will start with my goals: I am a 40 year old that has decided to amp up my appearance. I don't need to compete in bodybuilding, but just want to look better. I wanted to add some size to my chest, back, shoulders, and legs, but reduce some of the body fat I have added over the last 10 years.

Training background: Personal trainer in my 20s. Only weighed about 175 in my twenties, but was shredded. Never a super strong athlete, but a decent endurance athlete. I did a couple of short cycles (test e and dbol) back then, but wasn't knowledgable enough in diet to make great gains.
Reached my 30s and became a strength coach working with athletes. Cut training down to 3 days a week and diet went to crap. Gained 10 pounds, but not of good weight.
6 months ago, I hit age 40. Had a mid life crisis. Some guys buy a Harley or sports car, I started getting healthy again. Worked out 6-7 days a week and cleaned up diet for 6 months. Wanted to try gear again, but wanted to make sure the effectiveness would be measure able. Wanted to make sure the change in training and diet was effective before starting.

In January, I started first cycle. Test e and dbol. Gained 10 pounds (now around 195) although I know some is just water retention. I am in week 6 now, and got off the dbol after week 3. I was having trouble controlling hypertension and headaches (even on n2guard and an AI). Endurance capacity disappeared. By week six (3 weeks off the dbol) my cardio is back and I am still making strength and size gains. I have been eating cleanly (6-7 times a day). Lean meats and veggies at big meals, fruit and yogurt for snacks and energy in between, recovery shakes after workouts. Train several times a day because I have access to a gym all day with my job.

I am having trouble cutting the tire (belly fat) that I put on in my thirties. I have gained muscular size up top, but still have a larger waistline than I want. I want to know if I need to wait until I am off the test e to start cutting and will I lose the size I have gained if I cut in the second half of the cycle? Should I take on some cutting gear like Winstrol? I know I need to give my body a break after 10-12 weeks, so I have to make a decision now. I could use advice. I am sure I will get crushed for some of my decision making (another reason I was hesitant to post) but I am hoping to get some good advice out of this post. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Coach

ok for starts training 7 times a day is overkill for even someone on gear and will lead to overtraining.How long are your 7 times a day training sessions?

Hurricane, I think you were reading the novel I wrote too fast. I meant that I was eating cleanly 6-7 times a day. I only work out 1-3 times a day for 5-6 days a week. Not everyday, but mixed in around my work. An example would be 30 minutes of cardio in morning, 45 minute chest workout at lunch, then biceps, triceps, and abs at night. Not every day, but have mixed in a couple of these three workout days each week. Most of the time it is just one lift and one cardio, or two lifts only in a single day. Can't handle more than that. Have a busy work career and I am old.

here's the cycle i put all my first time users on

1-12 test cyp 350 mg week

1-14 aromasin 12.5 mg eod www.ag-guys.com

1-14 proviron 50 mg day

1-14 GW-501516 20 mg day www.sarms1.com

1-12 s4 50 mg day www.sarms1.com

1-12 lgd-4033 10 mg day www.sarms1.com

1-12 n2guard n2bm.com

5-12 HCGenerate n2bm.com

13-14 hcgenerate es www.n2bm.com

PCT 15-18

clomid 50/50/25/25 AG-guys.com

nolva 40/20/20/20 ag-guys.com

aromasin 12..5 mg eod AG-guys.com

hcgenerate es www.n2bm.com

n2guard n2bm.com
mk-2866 25 mg day www.sarms1.com

Sounds like you're eating too much...are you tracking macros?...yogurt and fruit just sound like bloat to me. The whole eating 7 times a day theory has not proved to do what it once was believed to do.

Try Nuts or fibrous snacks instead...get your omegas...fish oils.

Thanks Steve. I have not been tracking my calories in enough detail. I agree with you and the others that I am eating too much if I am gaining. That being said, I am still sold on eating often. My nutritional beliefs come from years of coaching athletes and all the books and coaches clinics I have attended. My goal was to raise metabolism and not starve my body if possible. I think I am getting plenty of protein, so most of the rest of my diet has been carbs. Too much protein is harder on my kidneys and liver, which is already being stressed due to the compounds I am taking. I know diet is one of those things that is arguable, but I due believe in certain principles that I have to stick with.

Back
Top Bottom