needtobuildmuscle
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First cycle log

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Echos View Post
    Okay. So I was planning on posting weekly but I’ve been busy and had an “injury”.

First off, everything has been going well. I’m starting week 5 and plan on running blood work next week or the week after. Keeping weekly dosing about 450mg of Test C and an AI every 3 days. No side effect that I can tell. I don’t “feel” a big difference in mood etc. workouts have been good and steady as always. All lifts are improved by number of reps or weight or both.
    About 1.5 weeks ago I pulled my quad doing squat. Hurt to walk and could barely go up stairs. After a week of taking it easy on legs I was able to do some light squat sessions and actually able to do my off day leg routine today with normal weight so I’m hoping that I’m back at 100%

I did take the advice of someone here about upping my protein. So I’m about 300-350 per day. I’ve put on about 7lbs. Hoping some of that is muscle.

Overall, I’m feeling pretty good. Irritated about the set back on legs during a cycle but I got thru it and still pushing on everything else. I’ll update again next week. Thanks guys.
    good job keep pushing and update
    Domestic-Supply.com Team

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Get that injury rehabbed.

Beginner Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LevButlerov View Post
    It would be great if you updated us weekly, we have been waiting for an update. I thought you didn't cycle.

You did the right thing going with 300-350grams of protein, without protein you can't grow.

Update us soon we are waiting.

This is my first ever cycle. I did start TRT back in Feb 2021 I believe, dose started at 150mg then down to 120 and we settled on 140mg as that keeps me high normal and E2 in control.

As far as the pulled quad. I took it easy for about 10-12 days on the legs. I did some walking and some ham work. I would do some light leg extensions and would ice 2x a day but not a lot more than that. I’m feeling pretty close to 100%. Leg day is in 3 more days and I’m gonna do some moderate weight on squat and keeps reps around 12-15. See how it responds.

Growing Moderator Masonic Bodybuilder's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Injuries on cycle really suck man! Kudos to you for actually resting the muscle and letting it recover. Keep this log updated brother!
    ***Canadians, hit me up on Wickr Mobile (MasonicBB) or PM if you are interested in SYN Pharma products***

Official Representative (VIP) ballin2504's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Make sure you get a full recovery then get back to killing it

Beginner Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Okay,

So Saturday was chest/tri day. really good lifting day. Feel good and hit everything pretty hard. I ate well that day. Sunday was back/bicep. I was short on time due to an appointment. Kicking myself because I got to the gym late and had to cut a few things…but it was still productive. I actually had one of the female trainers approach me and complement me. When I’m at the gym I have a ball cap pulled low, metal music up loud and I time all my rest periods so I’m on point. Head down and doing the work…No F’n around. So, I’m not the most approachable person. So she walked up to me and complemented my form. I don’t sling weights around…everything is controlled…concentric and eccentric movements deliberate…good range of motion etc. So she complemented me on that and how consistent I am going to the gym. So that was kinda nice to hear that.

Today was my squat leg day. it’s been 3wks since I pulled my quad. It has felt good the last week. I didn’t want to push it too much but I still did squat…reps of 10-12. Felt fine. So I think I’ll bump the weight up back towards pre injury next workout. maybe just a bit lower just to build some confidence back. But, I was really happy with the work I did today.

Meal wise…Sunday was not great. Just didn’t feel like eating much. I drank about 3 protein shakes to meet my protein goals. Weight is still about 230lbs…and has been stagnant for about 2wks.
    I also always meal prep for the week. Sunday I just felt off so I didn’t do my normal meal prep for the week. Publix (a local grocery store) has some really good pot roast….so I may just do that or something similar this week. i need to keep my calories high enough to be an a surplus.

Tomorrow is an active rest day…and man I need it. Feeling pretty sore. I typically do a run but haven’t ran since the quad pull. Since I’m so sore, I may just take the dog for a long walk…maybe I can get in 4 miles. Problem is my dang dog likes to sniff like every bush so I’m always pulling her along. She is a Dalmatian, and just beautiful….but like most women…she can drive you nuts!!

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    You have to keep pushing your protein intake man. Get that food in.

Great update keep the log going.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    bro lookin good update

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Echos View Post
    Okay,

So Saturday was chest/tri day. really good lifting day. Feel good and hit everything pretty hard. I ate well that day. Sunday was back/bicep. I was short on time due to an appointment. Kicking myself because I got to the gym late and had to cut a few things…but it was still productive. I actually had one of the female trainers approach me and complement me. When I’m at the gym I have a ball cap pulled low, metal music up loud and I time all my rest periods so I’m on point. Head down and doing the work…No F’n around. So, I’m not the most approachable person. So she walked up to me and complemented my form. I don’t sling weights around…everything is controlled…concentric and eccentric movements deliberate…good range of motion etc. So she complemented me on that and how consistent I am going to the gym. So that was kinda nice to hear that.

Today was my squat leg day. it’s been 3wks since I pulled my quad. It has felt good the last week. I didn’t want to push it too much but I still did squat…reps of 10-12. Felt fine. So I think I’ll bump the weight up back towards pre injury next workout. maybe just a bit lower just to build some confidence back. But, I was really happy with the work I did today.

Meal wise…Sunday was not great. Just didn’t feel like eating much. I drank about 3 protein shakes to meet my protein goals. Weight is still about 230lbs…and has been stagnant for about 2wks.
    I also always meal prep for the week. Sunday I just felt off so I didn’t do my normal meal prep for the week. Publix (a local grocery store) has some really good pot roast….so I may just do that or something similar this week. i need to keep my calories high enough to be an a surplus.

Tomorrow is an active rest day…and man I need it. Feeling pretty sore. I typically do a run but haven’t ran since the quad pull. Since I’m so sore, I may just take the dog for a long walk…maybe I can get in 4 miles. Problem is my dang dog likes to sniff like every bush so I’m always pulling her along. She is a Dalmatian, and just beautiful….but like most women…she can drive you nuts!!
    I've had one of our female PTs at the local gym pass on strength info to wanna be strong men because 'you're that guy'. The few who are seriously into it and still train there are also my guys lol

Official Representative (VIP) ballin2504's Avatar
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Nice update

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast