Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gains maintenance

zigzag33

Registered
Most of the time when people talk about maintaining gains I see the discussion more developed around keeping your weight up, maintaining the new muscle etc. But what about strength from nervous system / coordination esque adaptations?

Most of the time when people talk about maintaining gains I see the discussion more developed around keeping your weight up, maintaining the new muscle etc. But what about strength from nervous system / coordination esque adaptations?

I've written about this. Check out my tips thread.

It's really common sense. Whatever you did to achieve the gains you made, you need to continue to do to keep or maintain them

you cannot do linear improvements your whole life.. that is the reality. if you try to do this and push that hard then you will end up injured anyway cause the body will punish you. there is a reason pro athletes avg 3 years in the NFL. a big one is that their play starts to dip from the wear and tear and age, and teams replace them with younger and fresher players

weight training is the same way. a lot of people quit weight training not just cause they don't have the patience and the time or whatever, but also cause they end up getting injured and are tired of the grind. this is why i preach deloading, taking breaks, stretching, hot bikram yoga.

exactly as others have stated... if you were shooting 200 baskets per day and then dropped to 100 then to 50 etc... your skills would diminish over time and would not be the level they once were... its just an example but its like that in anything... you have to continue to maintain what you build through the same types of training etc. or eventually they will lose what they had gained simply through complacency or not keeping up with the training...

exactly as others have stated... if you were shooting 200 baskets per day and then dropped to 100 then to 50 etc... your skills would diminish over time and would not be the level they once were... its just an example but its like that in anything... you have to continue to maintain what you build through the same types of training etc. or eventually they will lose what they had gained simply through complacency or not keeping up with the training...
Well said...

Back
Top Bottom