Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

genetics are more important than you think sorry

stevesmi

Staff
sorry for the bad news guys, but most of you will fail at your fitness goals if they are too unrealistic.

you look at the latest bodybuilding magazine or you look at mr olympia and point at the guy and say 'yeah i want to look like him' ... you do realize that person has top 10 genetics over his era out of anyone in the world. you could follow his exactly protocol and you would never be like him.

let me sum it up like this: if you practiced bball everyday the way lebron james does, ate exactly what he ate, took what he took, had the same coaching.. do you think you would be suiting up in the NBA? the answer is of course not. so why do guys think that bodybuilding is different? bill gates is worth 50B, he can do whatever he wants with his time, take what he wants, hire the best coaches. why isn't he in the NBA dunking basketballs? cause he is a fucking geek, and his genetics gifted him with the brains to create software.. he isn't blessed physically to be a professional athlete. if his parents spent 1B$ trying to turn him into a professional basketball player they would have flushed every penny down the toilet.

it is sad when i see 20 somethings fuck themselves up for life trying to become pro's or instagram celebrities when it is 100% obvious to any logically thinking person they do not have the genetics to even win a local competition. stop trying to be something you aren't and start focusing on improving your health and being the best YOU can be. that is the beauty of weight training, even with shit genetics you can still improve your body and health.

and no you cannot outrun your average genetics by using a ton of steroids. i see this happen all the time and the guys end up just getting big and fat and stronger. there are tons of perma bulkers like this at every gym and they are 1 donut away from a 3rd heart attack..

agree? disagree? and why? post up and tell me why i am wrong

Last edited:
I agree. There is a but (which will come later) however, for the most part it's true. Just today I picked up the latest Muscular Development Magazine. In it is an article on Sergio Oliva Jnr. He states his genetics for calves was such that he has only now, in the last year, started training them. In fact JUST ONE - because it's the one he displays in some poses when he puts his leg back. Now THAT'S GENETICS.

In my own case my large hands, by virtue of both my height, family traits and sheer number of years training (so thickening the fingers) means I can wrap them around thicker bars better than smaller lifters. One issue that I see a lot is guys think drugs compensate for shit diets and really rather poor training. Not unless you've Sergio's genetics it doesn't.

The but is thus: again using myself as an example. I had ZERO idea of the talent for grip strength I have now back when I started training. As a 15 year old I'd think 'I wanna be Arnie or Dorian'. Not 'I'll close a Ironmind CoC No3 Gripper'. So the but becomes how do you know what you can do unless you try to do it?'. In the case of the top pros you often here the odd story about them having a freaky thin skin or great shoulder width but as often they didn't start out thinking I'll be a pro bodybuilder one day. Heck, even young Sergio has his very famous dad try to dissuade him from taking the sport seriously.

^^^ you don't know unless you try yes

there are plenty of guys in the US whose parents cannot afford to put them in pee-wee leagues, they play sports and get discovered by coaches and play in school, then they get noticed. you also gotta like the sport you are going to play too

educate is the key, you might have a talent for science, arts, or history and unless you do it in school you will never know .

i think though all things being equal every idiot PE coach can pick out who the physically gifted kids are once you get into 6th or 7th grade. the kids during recess know who they are when they pick teams they get picked first every time.. those are the guys who are born jocks.. the rest of us will have to fight and claw to get far in fitness.

you also gotta like your particular sport.. some kids would rather do music even if they have athletic talent and vice versa. i actually wish looking back i would have learned more about music.. playing an instrument would be a cool skill to have

Last edited:
I agree as well.. of course someone will come along and bring up something etc that was an exception to the rule but in totality, i agree with you all the way... being realistic is hard for a lot of people and you absolutely should be aiming for a high goal but you also have to understand whats realistic and what's not within that

It is a mental thing too. We need to just strive to be the best that we can be for ourselves. Not try to be or be like someone else. It just isn't possible. We hear this all the time when guys say "my buddy is getting better gains than me when we are on the same cycle".

Genetic play a major role in everything. Just like not everyone is meant to play in the NBA, not everyone is meant to be a professional bodybuilder..

Genetic play a major role in everything. Just like not everyone is meant to play in the NBA, not everyone is meant to be a professional bodybuilder..

Not me that's for sure. What HAS been cool is having pro bodybuilders and other 'names' in strength know what I do. Very cool

Have a look at Phil Heath when he was playing basketball and hadn’t even touched any weights yet ... crazy

love him or hate him ...that’s an example of genetics

Totally agree, genetics are everything especially in bodybuilding.

i hope more guys see this thread, it didn't get many responses but we get guys posting everyday who think that hopping on steroids will turn them into something like magic. i feel like 90% of people who want to get into fitness fail because they set too unrealistic expectations.. most established gyms have 10X the amount of members who don't even show up because they quit after a month when they don't transform their bodies. social media makes this problem 100X worse

Back
Top Bottom