Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glucose of 44

Supermarc

So i need some advice from anyone with expertise. I test my blood sugar whenever i feel its low because i have a tendency to get pretty low. My baseline is 87 and it stays there more often than not. At times ive had long and stressful days at work and dont get to eat and can end up in the higher 50s. When im on orals i cant do keto or low carb because i will stay in the 50s but most of the time im pretty much always at 87 whether fasted or after eating. With a clean diet i stay at that number pretty consistently. Today was a bit different. I had a very stressful day at work and didnt get a chance to have a normal break. In order to get any calories at all i ate mostly crap including ice cream but did get some chicken in me. Fast forward the rest of the day was stressful and when i made it home i felt the need to test my sugar and i was at 44. This was about 3 hours after eating ice cream. Thats a pretty hard crash even for me. Looking for thoughts on this. I felt a bit deflated as i usually do if im low but i guess im used to it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the issue is here. You cite 2x that the usual issue is not eating and stress. So the answer is eat and reduce stress. Kinda right there in your post.

A blood glucose of 44 is worthy of an amp or two of dextrose IV in the emergency room. Youre playing a very dangerous game with your sugars.

so you aren't taking any insulin or diabetic medications and your blood sugar is still that low?

there are other meds that can cause the problem, kidney issues, tumors, a disease you don't know about etc

this is one of those rare times you will hear steve say "go to a doctor!" .. cause you need to find out what is wrong here

Ive had issues with hypoglycemia for a lot of years. As far as i remember the first time i noticed issues was when i worked 3rd shift about 20 years ago. Never adjusted to sleeping in the day and i stayed below 60. Had issues ever since so ive always controlled it with diet for the most part. I plan to do bloods soon so guess i was getting ideas for anything i needed to add. Mobster is right in that keeping my diet in check keeps me balanced. I found that doing keto causes a lot more dips so i adjusted that also.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The same doesn't happen when you consume complex carbohydrates? Like brown rice, pasta or similar?
What about fruits?

If you are indeed staying low even after meals you need professional medical attention, not help on a forum

Back
Top Bottom