Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Greetings gents...

getem9

Registered
Hi everyone, new to the board (bored) obviously. Have been reading around a lot of sites in the past few weeks trying to find one worth joining and it looks like evo is it. Most of my education was done as a youth back on the old SE board and freakz boards (that should date me a bit for those who remember the good ole days). Been out of the game for quite a while, work reason initially then health reasons. Still feel I have an excellent base of knowledge on AS/AAS, cycles & stacks, pct etc. Multiple cycles under the belt, experience with standard stuff 8-10 years ago: Test E, test pp, deca pp, tren ace (fina), EQ, arimedex, nolva, clomid. The SARMS are definitely something new to me but have been reading up and some of them look promising, but same $ as the real stuff so I'll be concentrating on reading up on the real world feedback examples around here to determine if those are worth the $ or not. Somatropin as well, that's actually what I'm focused on right now. Possibility of of that down the road with maybe a little long ester test mixed in. This would be my first anything in about 10 years and I'm not looking to do anything crazy. I'm 38, male, roughly 170lbs with low bf. Diet has been healthy but I am limited on my fat intake per day quite a bit. Workouts consist of mainly cardio, both HI short duration and LI long duration. Weights are all free weight and body weight type exercises. I know I'm eating enough calories and protein overall to keep and at least create a steady lean mass gain but I find myself continuing to lose weight, lean mass mainly, to the point that I am seeing my Dr. next week about why and what I can do moving forward. I've had check ups and blood tests over the past year and I have been told I'm in excellent health (other than my one medical conditions that prevents me from eating more than 5-10 grams of fat per meal and no more than 50 grams in a day).
My goals on here are to join another like minded community, gain good information & in conjunction with my Dr. and assistance here find a good way to get some mass back on my body. I know in order to gain solid lean mass my body is going to increase it's fat % but that is not an issue at all for me, main goal is to get back to a healthy weight. Which I would say would be at least 180lbs, over the next twelve months. Anyway, sorry for the long winded greeting but from my past experience there are many questions that follow up a introduction so I hope I answered most within this post.
Thanks everyone and look forward to being part of the community.

You are Very Welcome Sir.
Always happy to have new and especially well educated people joining the boards to share their knowledge.
Like I've always tend to say you can never know too much so I'm really looking forward to hearing more about your ideas and methodologies on how to do these things, perhaps even in more productive ways.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the deal with the whole weight loss thing and the fat intake?

You are Very Welcome Sir.
Always happy to have new and especially well educated people joining the boards to share their knowledge.
Like I've always tend to say you can never know too much so I'm really looking forward to hearing more about your ideas and methodologies on how to do these things, perhaps even in more productive ways.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the deal with the whole weight loss thing and the fat intake?

Appreciate the welcoming party everyone...
Not sure on the weight loss deal, I’ll be heading to docs hopefully next week so I’m sure I’ll get some bloods done. They were all good six months ago so no reason to change. Pancreas condition limits my fat intake is why. I can do more than they say but when I say eat pizza or something heavy cream pasta, peanut butter etc. it jacks up my stomach and digestive system. I can do a cheat day type of meal once a week and get away without any side effects. I know the first thing is to re evaluate my daily intake and really dial in to make sure my basic caloric intake is getting 110% at least. I’ll go on from there.
Thanks guys

Welcome. Sounds like you’re in a pickle. 50g of fat a day is really low to gain a significant amount of weight. For instance, I hit my macros today, 2900 calories, 30% fat which worked out to 104g. That means in order to stay under 50g of fat and still eat 3000 calories only 15% of the diet would be fat, which is extremely difficult to do. My first question, may be a little silly but, all fats are bad? Avocados, healthy nuts, salmon, other healthy sources of fat all wreak havoc? The other is have you actually logged and kept track of how much you’re actually eating or is it just a guess? My experience has been that my estimated calories and macros are were way off from actual until I started actually keeping track. I use my fitness pal from under armor. There may be better apps out there but it works for me.

Welcome. Sounds like you’re in a pickle. 50g of fat a day is really low to gain a significant amount of weight. For instance, I hit my macros today, 2900 calories, 30% fat which worked out to 104g. That means in order to stay under 50g of fat and still eat 3000 calories only 15% of the diet would be fat, which is extremely difficult to do. My first question, may be a little silly but, all fats are bad? Avocados, healthy nuts, salmon, other healthy sources of fat all wreak havoc? The other is have you actually logged and kept track of how much you’re actually eating or is it just a guess? My experience has been that my estimated calories and macros are were way off from actual until I started actually keeping track. I use my fitness pal from under armor. There may be better apps out there but it works for me.

Yeah the Docs have said all fat is equal in how it can affect me. Having had to learn how to manage this over the past 3 years I have learned that my body does accept certain fats
over others. Fried foods are the absolute worst so I avoid those altogether. Dairy fats I’d say are next then fatty meats then something like peanut butter (which is honestly has been the toughest for me to exclude cause I love it so much and obviously great in helping gain weight). So, yes I’ll do salmon and avocado on a limited basis and I can handle higher fat intake when those “clean” fats are what I’m eating. Ahi tuna as well, that seems to always sit well with me.
I’m with you on the daily caloric intake log. I agree that my first problem I need to fix is making sure what I’m eating macro wise is accurate and I’m sure I’m probably only meeting those minimal requirements when I need to be exceeding. Going to be keeping a detailed list for the next 2 weeks to dial in what I need to adjust.

That sounds pretty shitty bro. I feel for you. It’s going to be really tough gaining a significant amount of weight with that low of a fat intake. But it can be done, and on the bright side when you do, you’ll be shredded. If you have a smart phone definitely try the app. It’s free, all you have to do is scan the barcode for most foods. It’s super easy.

That sounds pretty shitty bro. I feel for you. It’s going to be really tough gaining a significant amount of weight with that low of a fat intake. But it can be done, and on the bright side when you do, you’ll be shredded. If you have a smart phone definitely try the app. It’s free, all you have to do is scan the barcode for most foods. It’s super easy.

Definitely a great app for tracking macros

Back
Top Bottom