bannednutrition.com

Thread: Hack squat

Proficient Brother
    Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews

Hack squat

So, this maybe come off as weird. I was hitting some hack squats today and got to thinking. What do you figure the weight limit on these machines are. The hack I was using was a Nebula commercial brand or maybe Hammer Strength. Any thoughts of what the weight limit would be on these before like the base plate were you stand and shit would break? I have pushed passed 650lbs for some sets but have always worried the bitch will break and leave me crippled.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    650lb is going to be nowhere near the limit of a commercial leg press. They ship with a warning label indicating the max loading (although it may have since worn off or been removed). The hammer strength one use is rated to load 12 plates per side.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    The companies usually play it safe with loads. Of course it helps if the users don't smash the weight down and so on. There are leg presses and hack squats with 2000lb max capacity. Some gyms, Planet Fitness for one, cut the loading pins down. Others don't want strong meatheads using their gyms. The one I did a show at recently limited their dumbbells to 50kg/110lbs and you could add more than 8 plates to a pin.

The better ones run on 40mm thick shafts with linear bearings. These came from engineering and are used on machines using 2ton plus loads.

Nebula (no longer exists as a company) made the machine Ronnie Coleman used with 2250lbs on it. I've seen hack squats with 800lb on.

I'm using, as per my log, 700-kilos (about 1540lbs) on a very basic leg press. I've done 765 on a nicer one and added 150kg to the one I use now (a big buddy sat on it). I don't slam the weights down and only 1 time did I have to bail which could have damaged the machine.

It also depends on the thickness or gauge of the steel (2mm or more is ideal) and the dimensions of the tub. Finally the quality of the welding and manufacture.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    people break things all the time in the gym but it isn't from too much weight usually. just wear and tear.

having said that those machines should last many years, but gyms still cycle in and out their stuff and many now charge a yearly fee to help fund that
    Now taking clients for 1 on 1 consults via skype. hit me up
    Looking for a steroid source? drop me a visitor message or click> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...iii-59858.html
    Canadians hit me up for source
    http://goo.gl/kDk0zS <save 10% on bloodwork
    http://goo.gl/bVJ44F <authorized supp store deals
    https://goo.gl/Vy5WA7 <12 week bulker, cutter, fasting Ebooks 4sale
    hit me codes for juvepharma, sarms1 etc.
    http://goo.gl/F9Yggp < click for Rx drugs

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Cables are the most likely to fail and that's always wear and tear.

Multiple record holder. British and European Grip Champion. Magazine writer. Strength Training Coach. Former supplement company owner.

Need a Needtobuildmuscle code? PM me.

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    You sure do have an imagination

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Trust me, for liability reasons these machines are rated to handle far more weight than you can ever load onto it.

Anything that involves human safety always does, 100% of the time. Take it from somebody that's worked and supervised industrial maintenance for the last 22 years

Supplement Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Source Reviews
    Read All Reviews
    Yeah unless you buy some crappy chinese made stuff I think you wont get crippled by the Nebula!